Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New York that do not fit into any other New York sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:41 PM

Default NYC and NYS DOC Website Update Info

Does anyone know how quickly they update the respective sites when an inmate is being transferred from custody in county to the state? My guy is currently in Rikers and is awaiting Transfer but we aren't sure when it will happen. Since I haven't heard from him today I assume he may be in transit so I was wondering when I can expect his name to be removed from the NYC site and put on the NYS site?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Thanked 3,370 Times in 1,573 Posts

When mine left Rikers, by 5 pm he showed up at Ulster. It all depends on where they are going and wont show up until they arrive.

Rikers goes on lockdown a lot, so it could be that. Keep checking the doccs site periodically.

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
DailyLimitReach (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 08:02 PM

Usually it is abt 2 weeks to leave Rikers

Old 04-29-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Usually it is abt 2 weeks to leave Rikers
Okay good. I was hoping to visit him at least one more time before he's moved. Planning to go this week and next if he is still there. He was sentenced on Thursday.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:25 PM

Check the sites constantly. Since it is a parole violation, I'm not sure of it would go faster. He could have been moved from one housing unit to another which you van see on the city site.

Hopefully you hear from him soon, so you can make the beat decision about going up there. He will go to Ulster or Downstate. They are not that far. Call there before visiting to make sure if it will be his time to get a visit. Different facilities go by by different rules.

If he owes fines fees, they will take half from any money you give him once he gets upstate. Any money from rikers will take time to be sent over.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Check the sites constantly. Since it is a parole violation, I'm not sure of it would go faster. He could have been moved from one housing unit to another which you van see on the city site.

Hopefully you hear from him soon, so you can make the beat decision about going up there. He will go to Ulster or Downstate. They are not that far. Call there before visiting to make sure if it will be his time to get a visit. Different facilities go by by different rules.

If he owes fines fees, they will take half from any money you give him once he gets upstate. Any money from rikers will take time to be sent over.
Thanks so much. The reason I think he might have moved is because today I started a new job and he was excited to talk about it so I know he wouldn't have missed a call unless he absolutely had to. The only times I haven't heard from him in a day were times he was sick/in medical so when 9 pm rolled around I thought id check both sites but nothing new on either one yet.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:09 PM

He also told me he wont be able to take anything he received or acquired in the city with him upstate. Is that normal? Seems unfair and wasteful
Old 04-30-2019, 04:46 AM

Nope nothing