Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 PM

Yes, Judy, this too shall pass. And he doesn't have that long to go. Well, maybe for you it seems long but it isn't. Most of us are waiting for a much longer time - and it does get a bit easier as time goes on.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

Yes, Sis, I know. And I will not forget you all either. You don't know me yet, but everyone in my family thinks I am the most persistent person they have ever known. And trust me, I am not forgetting anything.
This too will pass for my son. But I will NOT leave my family that Ive met here forgotten. I pledge that. I am spending the rest of my life fighting for those left behind. Promise. As my mom (who is 89 says, when Judy sets her teeth like that, she's in it for life) If nothing else I am tough and loyal.
that's not bragging. Those aren't always good traits!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's Sis
Yes, Judy, this too shall pass. And he doesn't have that long to go. Well, maybe for you it seems long but it isn't. Most of us are waiting for a much longer time - and it does get a bit easier as time goes on.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
LUCKYU_1315

The rules must have changed since then. Each reception inmate is allowed one support person. I have called them twice to verify this and that told me I was on his list and it would be no problem getting in. H went it on the 12th of March and I received two letters that week. I believe the first one they gave him an envlope to mail home a paper telling about visitation and things. The next letter someone gave him paper and a envlope
Old 03-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Hi Lucky, thanks, that's a good update to know... Also, since "rules" are subject to change, it's best to ALWAYS call CRC's visitation desk and get confirmation direct from the CO. Write down their name, date, & time.

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Robinttown

Question MORE QUESTIONS please: CRC-money orders,& mail outside of rules returned?

Hi! In the big post about CRC and mostly visitation, I read a part that scared the crap out of me, becasue he is too far away to visit him, but we sent him a money order:

"You have to have a first visit with him to send him any money. Oh yeah I would send him money to him while he is still at the county jail because it will go with him to CRC...that’s what I did with my husband. I sent up $280.00 and it all went with him."

Also, he had money left ar Stryker, and they told him NOTHING goes with him, not even money. Which is supposed to have happened?

I know this is the wrong thread but I just remembered...We were supposed to have found a way to Stryker as a matter of fact, to pick up all of his belongings (clothing he wore in, wallet, etc.) and if we didn't too bad, after 90 days they were going to destroy all of it. And my brother (who is at CRC now) said they definitely NOT mail it. Anyone know any details about that too by any chance?

I JUST REMEMBERED THIS ONE TOO: I got overly anxious and sent a letter (16 pages!) RIGHT after he arrived at CRC...it had a STAMP ON IT (big no-no I've learned), as well as NO PRISONER NUMBER (well I put his CCNO/Stryker prisoner# on it and asked that they forward it to him)...don't they send them back to us if the prisoner is not allowed to have them or if something is wrong on it, or do they just pitch them? Its been well over 2 weeks, and nothing has been returned to me..

Thanks for any answers you can help me with...I wish I knew enough to help someone else!
Have an awesome but safe SPRINGLIKE (finally) weekend if you're here in OHIO!,
Robin xoxo

Last edited by robinttown; 04-04-2008 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: to subscribe to thread and fix punctuation
Old 04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Banned

I would call Stryker and ask about the transfer of funds and his belongings. I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

My son was at Lucas County first and they transferred his money to CRC. It took 3 weeks however. When my son was then moved from CRC to ACI, within the state DRC, his money was moved immediately with him.
You do not need to visit him to send him money.
You CAN mail a letter with a stamp on it!! You can't mail loose stamps inside the envelope.
If they return the letter, it may take a while. I got one returned for having 6 pages....but it took almost 3 weeks for the return.
Hope this helps.
Judy
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 PM

Default I can answer CRC questions

My boyfriend has been at Correctional Reception Center in Ohio for a few months and I pretty much know all of the details. If anyone needs a question answered, I would be happy to help. I have visited, dealt with the pre-paid phone calls, sent him letters, received letters, sent him money for his books, and kind of know how much items cost in the commissary. I can also tell you some details about recreation and meals and that sort of thing. It's a hard time in the CRC, so you all are in my thoughts as it is hard on us out here, too.

Mandy
Old 08-09-2008, 06:09 PM

Default Crc

Son Just Left For Crc. Will He Get Intouch With Me To Let Me Know About Visitation, Money, Phone Calls, Or Do I Have To Do The Work On Finding About All Of That? Will His Girlfriend Be Able To Visit? Can They Marry There Or Do They Have To Waite For His Home Instution? Lot Of Questions I Just Cant Find All Of The Answers, Thanks
Ginnis50
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 PM

Default New to CRC

My son was just sent to CRC 2 weeks ago. I am planning my first visit to see him in the morning. I called CRC today to ask to make sure he could now receive visitors and to find out what all I need to bring. After reading some of this information on this webpage I am confused now. They told me all I needed was a valid ID and his birth cert. showing I am his mother. But I have read on this web page that I need a copy of my divorce from his father, and my marriage license to my current husband to also prove I am his mother. Is there more that I need to be aware of before I drive 2 hours to see him. HELP!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM

Default question about ID?

my fiance is gettin ready to get shipped to CRC,
can u visit on the 9th day after they are there? but it has to be on their designated day after the 9th day right? and do the weekends count as days too? also my ID has my old address on it... can i still use it and just bring a utility bill with my new address???

thanks
whit
Old 10-09-2008, 10:03 AM

I just talked to the visiting department at CRC and they told me to bring a photo ID. I asked if I needed a utility bill and she said I didn't. I don't know what address he listed for you on his visiting sheet, but I'd take a bill along just in case you need it. The lady told me it's always better to be safe than sorry. I am diabetic, and I read that I could possibly not be able to enter with the scent of a medication on me. She told me I'd be fine with it and also a nicotine patch. So don't worry too much. You are right about the 9th day after entering and the designated day. Yes, the weekend days count as well. My BF has rec on Tuesday and Wednesday, and those are the only days he can call. I just got my first call last night, and he's been there 11 days today. It's tough, but that first phone call is awesome! Good luck!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Question Visiting questions

My honey has been at crc since November 20th. I have no idea how to visit him.This is my first time. He is in the reception dorm and his visiting days are on fridays. We have a baby girl together and he's put me on the visiting list. do I still have to fill out a visiting form and get apporved and all that stuff? I want to visit him but we arent married. I know I can since I have a child with him but can I just bring proof of that? Do I have to bring her up there? Because I really dont want to put her through that every time(She had a hard enough time when he was in the county). Any information would help. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Closed

When my brother was sent to CRC, only family members were permitted to visit. I've heard that policy has changed to allow one support person (non-relative) to visit. It would be best to call CRC and ask them. When you arrive at CRC, you will be required to fill out the visitor form. I don't recall anything being on it that would cause concern.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:15 PM

I have a friend with no computer that wants me to ask this question....
When your inmate is a cadre, and a person visits, what is the check in like?

How do they "check your person?" She is sorta worried and wants to know what to expect when visiting.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:58 PM

Just wear baggie clothing, no holes in cloths. No low cut anything. No shoes with metal unless you want to take them off. You go in the front door and then sign in they take your name and app. they will walk you through a metal detector Take your drivers license, and you can have 20 bucks for vending machines I got 2 rolls of quarters and took with me. They do take pictures but it cost you 2 dollars and they have to be dollars so up to you.

Peace
HBnO
Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 AM

I am so aggravated at these people.. My brother was sent to CRC on the 12 of this month, he is having a visit today which is the 30th, the question I have is, I am on felony probation myself, and they said in order for me to visit that I had to get a letter from my P.O. stating that I was allowed to visit with him. I did that and I faxed it up there. They told me once I had faxed it to wait a couple days and call back up there and they would let me know if it was approved or not, well I called up there on Tuesday and spoke with someone and he told me that he didin't show that anything had been received yet, but to just bring the letter with me and that I could visit, well I called back up yesteday which was Wednesday and spoke with someone else, She told me that they had received the fax but that it had to go before some kind of board or something to have it approved and told me not to make the trip up there because I wouldn't be able to see him.. I am so frustrated, I had already told him that I was coming to visit and he was so happy, My mom and dad went up today though, so at least he will have somone to visit. I was just wondering if anyone else had to go through this and if so how long did it take before you could visit??? thanks for this wonderful site..
Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 PM

Default cadre

Looking for info on being a cadre at CRC, Ohio
Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM

hey, have you found out info on what it's like being a cadre at CRC??? Would you pass on the info if you know? They offered my husband that or ship off to London. I didn't know what to tell him.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Donation Award 

Unhappy Going Nuts!

My baby was shipped to CRC on Thursday the 4th of March. On Friday I saw that he was on the offender search website and got his number and everything to begin my routine again of daily mail and letters. Today is the 4th day of not hearing from him, I'm going crazy, I thought he would be able to call from now, but I haven't even gotten the initial call asking permission to receive phone calls yet. I'm losing my mind I think, we've never gone this long without talking and my fears are getting the best of me. Is he ok? Does he have what he needs? Did they let him take the money on his books with him or do I need to send him some. Is he eating? God the things that go through my head, his picture looks horrible, I don't even recognize that look in his eye, I desperately need to talk to him.....but I'm ranting instead of asking my question now.

They said that I can visit on Tuesday March 16 and to bring my id is all i need. Is that true? From what I'm hearing there may be more. It's a 3/5 hour drive for me so I don't want to drive all that way just to be turned away.

Does anyone know when he's gonna be able to call me? This is crazy really! What's the point in isolating him from phone calls, they keep him calm, me calm, and he stays out of trouble when he can talk to me and remind him that everything is gonna be ok, and that I'm here for him.

jjling
Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 PM

My boyfriend was in CRC and they allowed blood family and one friend. Needless to say I was that one "friend" so I was allowed to visit. I'm not sure how it was in the previous years... but now fiances/girlfriends are allowed to visit as long as you are on his visiting list.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Donation Award 

Okay so I finally got a phone call today on Day 9 as well as a letter LOL, Yay it was a good day. After being in county for 4 months, his transfer to CRC made me nuts.

Anyways as an update to all the CRC questions, Yes they are allowed to have one non-blood family member on their visitor's list. This is called a support person. Anyways their visits depend on their number, u can look on the website to find out what day their visits are.

They only get access to the phones 4 days a week for the entire time they are at CRC, his are one WEDS, FRI, SAT, SUN

He is there now and will be there for another 3-4 weeks.

jjling
Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM

My boyfriend was there for that long too, and then they shipped him next door to PCI. He said compared to PCI... CRC is a shit hole. He was depressed the whole time and was not safe from anything there. Now he's in honor dorm at PCI so he doesn't have to deal with the crazy shit and can actually have a job.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 PM

My fiance was transferred to CRC on Friday and I'm full of questions, worry, and an overwhelming sense of loneliness. I've had some questions answered by some people on here and for that I'm grateful....but I'm really worried about him.

How long after they get their number (which I got online) can they receive money orders for their books? I was told about Jpay.com but can't do that just yet.

I guess I'm posting because I've read a lot of horror stories about CRC and my baby has till September before he gets out and was wondering if anyone else has a loved on in there (he won't be getting transferred again) and what their experience has been with CRC.

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

"Love is not blind. It simply enables one to see things others fail to see."
Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 AM

So all I need to bring with me is my I.D right?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:46 PM

can you call out at crc during lock down