Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of West Virginia.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:09 PM

Question Info about Martinsburg Correctional Center

Can anyone give me any information about Martinsburg??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Missing My Baby

Question Martinsburg

I don't really know too much about it but my man is there right now going through classification. The only thing I have learned about that place is that he is not allowed to have stickers on his cards. I bought him a Hallmark card that had the Hallmark seal on it and they took the sticker off and made him fill out some form. I guess they thought he was going to put it on someone and rip it off real fast... Who knows? I thought it was ridiculous. I also know they get out for rec at 9am, 1pm and 8pm. Those are the times Kenny calls. I realize this has been no help but I thought I would say hey and good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to KennysBabyGirlW For This Useful Post:
Sadoldmom (01-01-2018)
Old 05-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Donation Award 

The Mission of the Martinsburg Correctional Center is to support the vision of the West Virginia Division of Corrections through effective intake, security and classification policies for an accurate diagnostic assessment on all inmates in an effort to increase the potential for successful reentry, reduce the rate of recidivism and thereby enhance safety and security for all citizens in the State of West Virginia.

The Martinsburg Correctional Center was opened in October, 2005, with the specific purpose of serving as an intake facility for male inmates. Future plans call for the Center to also be the diagnostic facility for DOC. Since inmates remain here for only a short time before transfer to other facilities, there is no visitation and limited inmate programs.

The facility itself was originally the Eastern Regional Jail, which opened in 1989 as the first regional jail in the state. It is a 120 bed facility
Old 05-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Info re:Martinsburg (Eastern Regional Jail)

see message below

Last edited by im_preshush; 05-14-2006 at 06:24 PM..
Old 05-14-2006, 06:22 PM

Smile Info re:Martinsburg (Eastern Regional Jail)

Hi Waitin4U-
A family member of mine is also at ERJ (Martinsburg Corr. Center). You can email me for specific questions if you like:
e-mail addy removed per PTO policy

Some phone numbers that should help you:

304-267-0045 Main Switrchboard at the Jail

304-267-0048--Visitation Phone Line

For visits you need to call the day before. For the first 30 days these have to be NON-contact visits. You MUST call the day before to set up a time for a visit. You can not just walk in. You must have TWO forms of ID to show them. Non Visitation rooms separate you for the inmate by glass. No phones.
If he has children under 18 and you take them to the visit with you you MUST have their birth certificate AND social security card for each child. Without the ID's visit will be denied. Non-contact visits last for 30 minutes.
He needs to put in a request for a contact visit after he has been there for 30 days. These visits are 1 hour each.
You can go to:

http://www.wvrja.com/
click on offender search (upper left side) enter his last name and see a picture and infop about him.

You can get him money for his commissary (food, stamps, hygiene items--nothing is free or cheap!!!). You can either bring a MONEY ORDER (only) to the Jail or you can mail it with a letter to him. It HAS TO BE A MONEY ORDER THOUGH!!!! Make the money order out to HIM.

He can (and probably has) call you. He can only do this collect. He is given a timed/recorded 15 minutes, each call. These calls run 95 cents a call. The men's side is surprisingly hard to get phone time. You would think the women would talk on the phone more. I think they turn the phones on at 8 or 9 am and turn them off at 11pm. Make sure you have unblocked collect calls from your phone company.

The address there is Inmates Name first and Last

94 Grapevine Rd.

Martinsburg, WV 25401

If you have any other questions email me if you choose. Good Luck!! ~Dee~

Last edited by justvicki; 05-14-2006 at 08:28 PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 08:11 PM

Does it matter what type of crime the inmate is in for as to rather or not they can be classified at the Martinsburg Correctional Center? I was told that violent offenders would be classified at Mount Olive instead of in Martinsburg even though they are at the Eastern Regional Jail............
Old 12-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Donation Award 

Because of the critical overcrowding that exists in the WVDOC inmates are sent for classification to where ever a bed becomes available. While I do believe violent offenders for the most part are always classified at Mt. Olive, not all inmates who are send to Mt. Olive are violent offenders. My fiancee was transferred in September from SRJ to MOCC and his is definitely not a violent crime. The 120 beds at the Martinsburg Correctional Center were created specifically for intake and and the facility is intended to eventually become the diagnostic facility for the DOC. When this does occur (if it ever does) all inmates will be transferred there short-term to be classified. However, for now it is entirely possible that someone at ERJ would be transferred to Mt. Olive or Huttonsville rather than "around the corner" to MCC for classification. Go figure!

Last edited by justvicki; 12-27-2006 at 10:50 PM..
Old 01-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Ashley

Martinsburg Correctional Center likes to make up rules as they go and single out a lot of certain inmates and terrorize them to get them to do something so they can be written up and thrown in lock down!! My brother went through it as well as my best friend and boyfriend before they were all shipped out to prison!! I hate ERJ and wish no body had to go through that center!
Ashley
Old 01-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMOM2005
Does it matter what type of crime the inmate is in for as to rather or not they can be classified at the Martinsburg Correctional Center? I was told that violent offenders would be classified at Mount Olive instead of in Martinsburg even though they are at the Eastern Regional Jail............
My hubby just told me the other day that MCC does not classify anyone that has been convicted of a violent crime. He is there now.

藕断丝连
The lotus root snaps, but its fibers stay joined.
Said of people (especially lovers) that still remain in contact though apparently separated.
Separated but still in each other's thoughts.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Donation Award 

FYI ~ MCC is not the same as ERJ. MCC is a separate building on the same grounds. The addy for MCC is
38 Grapevine Rd
Martinsburg, WV 25401
304-267-0156
MCC is a prison not a jail and does classifications before the inmate is sent to whichever perm. prison to serve out their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_preshush
Hi Waitin4U-
A family member of mine is also at ERJ (Martinsburg Corr. Center). You can email me for specific questions if you like:
e-mail addy removed per PTO policy

Some phone numbers that should help you:

304-267-0045 Main Switrchboard at the Jail

304-267-0048--Visitation Phone Line

For visits you need to call the day before. For the first 30 days these have to be NON-contact visits. You MUST call the day before to set up a time for a visit. You can not just walk in. You must have TWO forms of ID to show them. Non Visitation rooms separate you for the inmate by glass. No phones.
If he has children under 18 and you take them to the visit with you you MUST have their birth certificate AND social security card for each child. Without the ID's visit will be denied. Non-contact visits last for 30 minutes.
He needs to put in a request for a contact visit after he has been there for 30 days. These visits are 1 hour each.
You can go to:

http://www.wvrja.com/
click on offender search (upper left side) enter his last name and see a picture and infop about him.

You can get him money for his commissary (food, stamps, hygiene items--nothing is free or cheap!!!). You can either bring a MONEY ORDER (only) to the Jail or you can mail it with a letter to him. It HAS TO BE A MONEY ORDER THOUGH!!!! Make the money order out to HIM.

He can (and probably has) call you. He can only do this collect. He is given a timed/recorded 15 minutes, each call. These calls run 95 cents a call. The men's side is surprisingly hard to get phone time. You would think the women would talk on the phone more. I think they turn the phones on at 8 or 9 am and turn them off at 11pm. Make sure you have unblocked collect calls from your phone company.

The address there is Inmates Name first and Last

94 Grapevine Rd.

Martinsburg, WV 25401

If you have any other questions email me if you choose. Good Luck!! ~Dee~

藕断丝连
The lotus root snaps, but its fibers stay joined.
Said of people (especially lovers) that still remain in contact though apparently separated.
Separated but still in each other's thoughts.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:46 AM

My son was recently at Martinsburg for classification and he was made a 4 medium and sent on to Huttonsville. He said that lots of violent offenders were there. He was considered "violent" after the prosecutor tried him for nighttime burglary.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Nevermind, I apologize, I got my answer. I tried to delete this post but saw nowhere to do it.

Last edited by UnderTheMoond; 10-11-2011 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: question answered
Old 09-29-2017, 10:00 AM

Default classifications in wv doc

What are the classifications and what are they based on?