Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM

My boyfriend is in Centre County Correctional for a minimum of 6 months. I read the parole handbook and went to talk to him about making sure he has everything ready, but he said Centre County is really lax and there won't even be an interview? I'm pretty sure he's wrong, but I want to make sure. Also, since he'll be in for such a short time, how will that affect his parole process? Should he have everything completed already? He's only been in a month. He won't have any sort of home plan until I can move back there from the Philly area, get a job, and save up enough money to get an apartment.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 01:47 PM

Thanked 1,089 Times in 520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadyRoxana View Post
My boyfriend is in Centre County Correctional for a minimum of 6 months. I read the parole handbook and went to talk to him about making sure he has everything ready, but he said Centre County is really lax and there won't even be an interview? I'm pretty sure he's wrong, but I want to make sure. Also, since he'll be in for such a short time, how will that affect his parole process? Should he have everything completed already? He's only been in a month. He won't have any sort of home plan until I can move back there from the Philly area, get a job, and save up enough money to get an apartment.
i think the parole handbook is mostly for state prison inmates , your son is in a county prison , he will be going on probation and its can vary county to county and its different then parole. more then likely he will not need a home plan etc
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM

What is all this talk about "good time" in Pa? My boyfriend has written to me 3 times now about it...can someone please help me out and give me some real answers?

~<3 Always on my mind and in my heart!!! <3~
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,272 Posts

As we keep saying all over the forum these past few weeks:

THERE IS NO LEGISLATION PENDING THAT WOULD CREATE GOOD TIME FOR STATE PRISONERS IN PENNSYLVANIA.

This is a recurring rumor in the prisons and it has no basis in fact. Inmates are always hoping it will happen, but those hopes end up becoming rumors.

I think the time is ripe to see if such a measure would get through, since it hasn't been seriously considered in more than a decade, but we've heard absolutely nothing from our sources in HBG that any legislator is willing to introduce it.
ohsweetmaryjane (05-11-2013)
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 AM

I am new to this hoping someone can help me out.. My brother is currently in Quehanna Boot camp in PA and should be released soon which is great but the form that was sent to use i accidentlly misplaced it and i wanted to know how can i get another copy without worrying him and ask him to send another form.. Pleaseee any help will do
Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 AM

PTO Moderator 

I found a copy on-line.

Go to http://www.pbpp.state.pa.us/portal/s...andbook/805113

There you will find a link for the Parole handbook. open the document (Adobe) and go to Page 25 It's the home plan form. you can simply print that page.

I am also attaching it to this post as a pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Home plan application.pdf (293.5 KB, 10 views)
ohsweetmaryjane (05-11-2013), PA Dad (07-08-2019)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Waiting to be Mrs. Brooks

My loved one goes up either tomorrow (Tuesday) or Thursday and we are so nervous. Please Please Please keep us in all of your thoughts and prayers. God wills ee us through I know he will!

The Following User Says Thank You to tracey08054 For This Useful Post:
MajorsGirl (02-01-2015)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 PM

My son just got his parole packet and sent me the "Statement of Residence" paper to fill out as he'll be living with me and my husband. In the upper right hand corner it says "April 2013/Minimum/Y". Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 PM

my husband is in prison in Georgia for theft by receiving stolen property , he has a 2 year sentence, and has already served 11 1/2 months. his next review is 4/25/2013, it will be his second review... and his max out date is 1/3/2014 my question is, do you guys think he will make his review this time?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM

PTO Moderator 

That date sounds like his minimum month and year -- April of 2013.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobble60 View Post
That date sounds like his minimum month and year -- April of 2013.
I thought his minimum was in August of 2013. Maybe its when he sees the Parole Board. He called today and said his packet was going around the prison tomorrow to be signed.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:48 AM

PTO Moderator 

Hard to tell ... Sounds like an April docket if they've already started the paperwork.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:05 AM

Any time frame for how long it takes for parole packet to make its way around prison for signing? My son is at that stage in the process...thanks!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:16 PM

PTO Moderator 

There is no timeline. The "packet" begins with the staffing, at which the inmate is present. Staff attending the staffing sign it there. It then has to get to all those not in the room, nominally both Deputy Superintendents and the Superintendent. The "deadline" is whatever the Institution Parole office sets as the date they need it by.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM

Any idea as to how long it generally takes to get a decision from a parole violation hearing?

We expect it to be either a not guilty or time served. Just waiting for the results...#bites nails#

I feel like if he's found not guilty they should let him loose!! Right away!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:14 AM

What happens if an inmate can't get a signed employment paper? Are they denied parole? Its hard to get potential employers to sign this paper...most say have them come in & fill out an application. What part of being in prison & up for parole didn't they understand? Its frustrating!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 AM

PTO Moderator 

No, employment is not a prerequisite for parole. He will be told to write five letters to possible employers asking if they would hire him, and have copies of those letters to show he wrote them. If he should get any nibbles in reply, he should also show them to the parole staff.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:09 PM

My son's parole hearing is coming up later this month. Hoping for good news. I hate the waiting & hoping its not a long wait. Praying this journey is over soon. Any idea how long it takes to get the decision of the hearing?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 AM

PTO Moderator 

We're hearing as little as 3 weeks and as long as 12 weeks.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 AM

Good Morning! Just looking for some helpful information regarding the Parole Process in PA. Just wondering about the whole process regarding being transferred to another state. My ex is in a prison in PA and when the time comes for him to start the parole process just wondering about the whole thing and what happens when it starts. I appreciate any information that anybody can give me so I can pass it on to him. Thanking e1 in advance!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmysticalgal View Post
Good Morning! Just looking for some helpful information regarding the Parole Process in PA. Just wondering about the whole process regarding being transferred to another state. My ex is in a prison in PA and when the time comes for him to start the parole process just wondering about the whole thing and what happens when it starts. I appreciate any information that anybody can give me so I can pass it on to him. Thanking e1 in advance!
The interstate compact is a very confusing and sometimes frustrating. If the individual has family in the state where they want to go that makes it much better. It does cost a hundred dollars and the parole agent in his facility will start the paperwork with him and then it goes to Harrisburgh and then to the other state. then they have up to fourty five days to make a decision. ( The intertstate compact itself lasts 120 days) We filed intertstate compact and it was approved within 3 weeks so it wasn't too bad. Just keep your head up stay on them call all the time if you have too and pray about it all.

The Following User Says Thank You to tracey08054 For This Useful Post:
bobble60 (04-21-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey08054 View Post
The interstate compact is a very confusing and sometimes frustrating. If the individual has family in the state where they want to go that makes it much better. It does cost a hundred dollars and the parole agent in his facility will start the paperwork with him and then it goes to Harrisburgh and then to the other state. then they have up to fourty five days to make a decision. ( The intertstate compact itself lasts 120 days) We filed intertstate compact and it was approved within 3 weeks so it wasn't too bad. Just keep your head up stay on them call all the time if you have too and pray about it all.
Thank you so much for your input Tracey. He does have family in NJ where he wants to go. I did know about the $100 fee but I heard that they shouldn't really go ahead with the compact until after they know they will for sure be paroled is that true? I hope he is able to get out when his minimum comes around. 3 weeks isn't to bad. Do they do the compact at the time they start the whole parole process or does that come after they approve him? Who should I call the prison or the parole board? I'm just trying to help him out even though we aren't together anymore I do still care for him and always will and i'll try and help him in anyway I can.

I appreciate your kind words Tracey they are really and truly appreciated.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM

NO they will not start the interstate until he is approved for parole. He then speaks to his parole agent and they have certain paperwork that has to be filled out and then sent to the other state (nj) My husbands parole agent at the facility was very nice but I also called the Interstate office in Harrisburgh and they were very nice there too. There isn't really too much you can do but call every now and again once the paperwork is submitted.. BUt as i said just keep your head up and stay focused.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey08054 View Post
NO they will not start the interstate until he is approved for parole. He then speaks to his parole agent and they have certain paperwork that has to be filled out and then sent to the other state (nj) My husbands parole agent at the facility was very nice but I also called the Interstate office in Harrisburgh and they were very nice there too. There isn't really too much you can do but call every now and again once the paperwork is submitted.. BUt as i said just keep your head up and stay focused.
Thank you so much for your insightfulness Tracey I really do appreciate it.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 PM

I need help with a parole issue/problem. My son is a parole violator and is currently serving "backtime" on a drug charge and a receiving stolen property charge. He has been in jail for 3 years and has seen the board numerous times. He saw them in March and received his status sheet where he was told he made parole on the drug charge. He saw the board again in October and was told he made parole on the receiving stolen property charge and would be called back down in a few weeks to roll over to his new number and sign paperwork. He went down and signed paperwork. But his new green sheet came and his new charge is still listed as a detainer and he is still on the drug charge. He inquired by letter to the parole agent who told him that he was denied parole on the drug charge in March, even though he was paperwork that shows he made parole on that charge. They told him to file an Application for Board Review. First off, can they grant parole and then take it back? He has no discipline issues or write-ups. And why would the second parole visit tell him he would roll over if he didn't make parole on both charges? Where does he obtain the application for board review and where do you file it. He went to his counselor and they couldn't help him. They told him that records had to help him and he says he isn't allowed to talk to records and they ignore any written letters. Thanks for any help.