Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona

Old 06-16-2006, 01:25 PM

Default He was moved to Pinckneyville need info

My husband was just moved to Pinckneyville. He was moved because he is in seg but I guess that is where he will be for a few years (once he gets out of seg). I looked at the Pinckneyville thread but there wasn't really anything in there. Has anyone been to Pinckneyville to visit or talked with anyone? I would really like to find out more about it and I know that we all have info on these places just from visiting. And I so hate getting used to a new place with all the new rules and different staff.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2006, 01:17 AM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,532 Times in 2,247 Posts

My man is in Pinckneyville. Really I think the only information I can help you with is the visiting rules. When you do go and visit, make sure you have two photo id's with you. You won't be able to visit if you don't. I have seen some folks learn that the hard way. Visits are only for 4 hours. Folks that are in Seg. only get a 2 hour visit. The C.O.'s I have dealt with are pretty cool, especially Miss Stoops. Ummmmm...they don't take pictures in there anymore either. That is all I can think of at the moment. I hope this info helps. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:44 AM

Hello to both:
My fiancee is in pinckneyville also. The officers are nice there. I have been there twice it is a long ride from chicago with the kids 5 and 1/2 hours. Yes it just like Miss A said you do need your 2 id's because the officers do get fiesty when you give excuses. THe visits are nice big room, I mean its decent compare to other places.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Photo ID's

How do you have 2 photo ID's? I know you have a driver's license but what else do you have with a photo on it?
Or will an insurance card or something else without a picture work too?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Loving my 4Ever Boy!

Hey everyone I am new to this I just got on today and my boyfriend is in Pinckneyville and I wanted to know how are the visits, such as can you touch them and things of that sort during the visit?

Old 08-11-2006, 11:23 PM

Mz. May, I just wanted to take a moment to welcome you to PTO!
Old 08-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Ghetto Boo

hey hey hey , my dude is at Menard but I wanted to welcome ya both to PTO !!

Old 08-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Loving my 4Ever Boy!

Default Thanks for the Welcome!!!

Hey everyone and thanks for the welcome!!! I am really happy I joined PTO and can not to wait to have my questions that I have answered by wonderful people in my same situation!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 PM

Hello. I know it's been a while since someone's posted on here. I just want to know how Pickneyville is. What is the atmosphere like in there? Do I need to be worried about my boyfriend's safety?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM

Default Hello:

I'm in the same boat as yourself. My brother is in Pinckneyville but in their Seg unit. He is going to be released from Seg soon but had some concerns regarding the general population of Pinckneyville Corrections. Does anyone have any information or gossip that has been said regarding the atmosphere there? When I visited him there it seem like a good place with no walls but a fence surrounding it. But he mentioned some things to me and I could sense his concern for safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo1107 View Post
Hello. I know it's been a while since someone's posted on here. I just want to know how Pickneyville is. What is the atmosphere like in there? Do I need to be worried about my boyfriend's safety?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:07 AM

Angry

My boyfriend should be calling soon. Do you know how often they can use the phone? He actually called last night but I wasn't home! I'll let you know if I get any more info.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo1107 View Post
My boyfriend should be calling soon. Do you know how often they can use the phone? He actually called last night but I wasn't home! I'll let you know if I get any more info.
The calls are thirty minutes, you can make as many as you want but they are thirty minutes at a time and it's usually everyday as long as they are in the day room which they should lock up at around 8 pm so don't expect calls after then. If he goes to reception there for any reason forexample if he has to be shipped out for court or transfer the calls are i believe the calls are tuesday and sunday and then thursday and saturday but you only get calls on one of the sequences. Days may be different becasue I forgot but I know for sure it goes in a two day sequence.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:12 AM

i was just in pinckneyville for 6 years what do you want to know?