Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Sterling Correctional Facility

Does anyone know where I can get the mailing address for inmates at Sterling COrrectional Facility? I would appreciate it! Thanks so much!!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
-Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2007, 06:32 PM

Colorado Department of Corrections
News FAQ Links Employment Contact

Facilities

h5 { margin: 0px; padding-top: 10px;}STERLING CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

• Warden: Kevin Milyard (Read Biography)
  • Associate Wardens:
    • Carol Soares,Mark Broaddus
  • Address:
    • PO Box 6000
    • Sterling, CO 80751
  • Telephone: (970)521-5010
  • Fax:
As a microcosm of the Department, Sterling Correctional Facility acknowledges and upholds the mission, vision and values of the CDOC. As an individual facility, the Sterling Correctional Facility is the Colorado Department of Correction's commitment to excellence through
  • Leadership
  • Efficiency
  • Adaptability
  • Professionalism
Mission Statement

The mission of the Colorado Department of Corrections is to protect the public through effective management of offenders in controlled environments which are efficient, safe, humane, and appropriately secure, while also providing meaningful work and self-improvement opportunities to assist offenders with community reintegration.

Back to the Top
History

Default text

Back to the Top
Programs

Offenders who have graduated from High School or received their GED may be eligible to participate in college level courses offered by Northeastern Jr. College. Scholarship money is available for qualified offenders. More information is available from the Academic Manager.
SCF offers a Distance Learning Program for eligible offenders in the Administrative Segregation Unit. Offenders who meet specific behavioral criteria may have a computer monitor and keyboard in their rooms. Academic, self-help and post secondary education classes are presented via this system. Instructors communicate with the students via the computer. This system does not allow internet or e-mail access to offenders.
Back to the Top
Offender Services

SCF offers a full range of Clinical Services including Medical, Dental, Optometry, and Mental Health Care. Although treatment is not withheld due to inability to pay, all services operate on a co-pay vs. operational basis. Emergent Medical care is accessible 24 hours per day. Routine Access is provided when offenders request an appointment. The clinic schedules appointments with physicians and midlevel providers 5 days per week.
Back to the Top

Old 02-03-2007, 07:11 AM

I have a question. I met a guy on holiday and found out now i have returned home he has been incarcerated. I sent him a package (Im in another country to him) and i am really scared i might have got him in some sort of trouble but im not sure. I didnt send any contraband but i sent a parcel - it had 4 books (with reciepts from publishers but they are publishers that are legitimate here but arent available in America) and around 14 6x4 photos, a letter and on the back of the letter i attach an article from a san fran (CA) article from the web. It was sent to Sterling in CO and i read that they dont have a limit on photos etc but im worried about the books and webiste. It cost me $50 to send the package there so i dont want them returning it. I rang the prison and he said, "i dont know we have 2500 inmates we cant go searching for your mail or look out for it. . Is it possible he could get written up? Or do you think they will relaise its from another country and there are no contraband etc and give it to him? im worried Also can inmates call collect internationally? Thanks!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:13 AM

sorry spelling mistakes) Oh and on the photos I stuck stickers and wrote on the stickers to explain the photos (Who they were etc and what we were doing)
Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

He'll be fine...but they will reject the entire package and he can either choose to pay to send it back to you ($50 is a lot for him to spend to do that), or they will dispose of it.

You can only send books through bookstores, amazon.com, etc. You can't buy them and send them, you have to buy them either at the bookstore and have the bookstore send them, or you can go online and order them and have them sent. You can send internet content to them as well, some facilities have a limit on how many pages you can send in one envelope, but so far I've had no issues with Arkansas Valley.

The facility MAY give him the letter (highly doubtful), and they do not allow stickers of any kind either on the letter or the envelope so they will reject the photos as well,...and no they will not take the time to search for your package...that's not their job...they are not in the customer service business...sad but true. If you want the package back, you will most likely have to deposit the funds in his inmate account for him to send them back.

Wish I had better news for you and BTW welcome to PTO!

Last edited by seansbabyluv; 02-03-2007 at 12:19 PM..
Old 02-03-2007, 11:15 PM

If the correctional facility has no defined rules on their webpage how do they expect people to know what to send? Esp when they are overseas. Its annoying! Atleast he will be fine. I just lost $200 though if they destroy it! Thanks for your help, I might ring the prison and see if i can get an answer out of anyone! Thanks for having me!_
Old 02-03-2007, 11:57 PM

Sorry for your loss, Miss Sterling! I dont know of any facilities in the Colorado system that allow the things that you attempted to send. I am so sorry that you didn't find and ask us first about that, we could have saved you a few bucks!