Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 AM
waiting for my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane2 View Post
Hi, I bought a crossword book and thought I would mail 3 pages at a time with my letters, do u think this is allowed? I would also like to buy him a book at a bookstore and have them mail it , is this allowed? I don't have a credit card so cash at a bookstore it will have to be, also, does anyone know if their r certain types of books allowed? TY Diane
you can send a crossword book three pages at a time. it would be just like priniting puzzles off the computer.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 07:43 PM

i didnt see anything regarding Ohio State Pen. do you have any information on what can be sent as in books magazines and if the calls are collect or pre paid? i was just wondering those few questions.. i have a friend on death row at the ohio state pen. any information would be greatly appreciated as in i dont know if all rules are the same in all prisons in ohio
Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 AM

Thumbs up Can inmates take their commisary/books when they are released?

I have a question. My friend is suppose to be released and finish his sentence in March of 2009 sometime. I was thinking of sending him some money now. I was wondering if for some reason he can't use it or don't use it all now or before they let him out, can he take it with him on his trip out of Pickaway Correctional Institution?
Is there a certain amount that he is allowed to take with him for example for use on his bus home, or just to take with him for some money in his pocket?

Any information would be greatly apprechiated and very helpful...
Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 PM

Whatever he has bought or money left, yes he will be able to take with him
Old 01-26-2009, 08:17 PM

I send large envelopes (8X12) to MANCI all the time and they always have gotten them without any problem.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 PM

my b/f said he would call me today but he hasn't called yea do they get calls on sunday?he is at crc please help me
Old 03-15-2009, 04:56 PM

I am sure they do get to make calls on Sunday but they might of had a lockdown or mayvbe there is a long line at the phone. He will call when he can
Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 PM

dose any onr know how much it cost to call CRC?i had 25.00 and when i called to see how much it cost i was told 1.30 ans 2.60 for 2 calls then to day i called them and she said i had 9.23 left. she said they were 3.00 a call. dose any one know for sure what they are please help i can't do this .ty
Old 03-17-2009, 07:13 AM

muffy, the calls can range in cost. it all depends on where you are located. you are lucky if you're only paying between 1.30 and 3.00. my calls for 15 minutes cost me 15.08 each. the reason is b/c my guy is in crc, ohio and i'm in indiana. what i would suggest, if you can't afford it, then just have your guy call you once or twice a week and write to each other the rest of the time. like pick a day that he's able to call you and just have him call you that day.

and i hope that he did call you on sunday. there's usually a long line and if he's not there right away he's going to be waiting. and some of the guys make a couple of calls, like mine. he called his mom to talk to his son and then he called me. so it all depends on the line for the phone. you just have to be patient. that's the key!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:01 PM

what do i put on my b/f money order i know his name and number goes on ther but what address do i put on there?crc and the rest of there adress please help before tomorrow
Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Faithfully waiting...

on the MO itself you put his name and number where it says "pay to" or "recipient" (or something to that effect), and you put your name and address where it says "sender" (or, again, something to that effect! don't remember! ).
you need to sign your name too, not just print it.

then you pop it in an envelope, preferably together with a letter or a card, and you mail the whole thing to him at CRC, just the way you would usually send letters and stuff!

Endlessly, forever & always his...
Old 03-19-2009, 01:49 PM

You sign it in the place that it shows and then put your physical address ithe addressd line
Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM

Default Mailing during Transfers and at the beginning of the process

My husband is in the county jail right now and he will be transferred some time this week to Lorain (then off to the parent prison). I was wondering if the letters I write to him at county will be transferred to Lorain or will they send them back to me? Also, I know he will be on lock down when he first arrives at Lorain, if I send him letters during that first week will they hold them for him or will he be able to receive them immediately? I'm just wondering if I should wait awhile with the letters so that nothing gets lost. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Hi my son is at Belmont, I was wondering, does his possessions travel with him? He was at CRC.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM

My husbnand was at Lorain for reception and his stuff did go with him
Old 12-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Account Closed

um, hi

My boyfriend is at SOCF in Lucasville. I wanted to send him in some 'panty shots' for Christmas, anyone know if these should get through? I looked up DOC and they just said no direct nudity and I'd like to call the mail room but I can't find the number. Any thoughts?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Just call the prison and have them forward your call to the mail room
Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 AM

I have a question. Can I send a couple of dollars in an envelope to an inmate in Ohio State Pen? I'm not allowed to ring and ask because I live in the UK and it would cost too to ring them. It's his birthday you see.

I just found out that I can't send money but I can send money orders. How do I go about this when the curencies are different?

Last edited by BadMedicine; 05-13-2010 at 09:27 AM..
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM

No, sorry. They are not allowed to have cash
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Joe'sGirl

My son is in prison in Ohio, they've got prepaid cards now so I sent him money thinking he could get cards and I wouldn't have to load the Global account anymore but when he called it took almost all of his minutes to connect. Is this just because I live in Kentucky or what??? I need help to know how to fix this problem so I can get calls from him again. Thanks in advance for anyone who might know.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:31 PM

Default Mail

Hi

I want to send printed pdf pages of a book to my man. How many can I send at a time? Can I use a different language than English to call him cute nicknames?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmysonlyGirl View Post
Yeah you can just include the inmate #

Do you have to send a copy of your id with the money order?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 PM

Default Letter

Hi,

How many pages of a hand written letter am I allowed to send? Could it be longer than three pages? Is this the same for a letter I would write in Microsoft word?
Old 05-08-2016, 09:12 AM

Hi..
I dont know isnt it possible to update the whole Information. I mean there is still written that you can just write via snail mail. They have possibities to write emails via jpay? There is too just how to send Money via Money order but you can send Money via offendernet or how it calls. I think to update the whole stuff is important too, because it Change from time to time and I think if I would be new in this subject I would see that a inmate in Ohio can just write you via snail mail and nothing says that jpay exist, I think that would confuse many People. And it is too possible to put Money on the phone account of the inmate too. So not only the Person in prison can buy phone time. And well that are a few Things which are new and I think that should be written there too.. Sorry that I wrote this but I wanted to check something in this rules and saw it.. My answer is not answered there because it isnt written there. So all of that crossed my mind sorry. I hope that noo one will attack me for just writing that down. I didnt mean that in a bad way.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:31 PM

My fiance is at Lorain, he's still in intake but should be moved to reception soon. When can he call? I've gotten 1 call and put money on the phone but still nothing. Also, inmates in Ohio can now use JPAY to send and receive emails.