Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Only time will tell....

Exclamation Question on parole violation hearing - Michigan

My fiance is currently in county jail becasue he got a new charge of possesion. He had less than a 1/2 gram on him but they are charging him with less than 25 grams. Anyhoo, he is being sentenced in circuit court in 2 weeks and then will be heading to Eagler I am assuming. Just wondering what happens at the parole violation hearings and if there's any chance he won't go back. I know with the what Granholm wants to do with the budget hs charge would be a misdemanor instead of a felony, but as of now, it's a felony. His PO said he's not eligable for TRV since it's a new felony case and that's he'd definitley go back? Anyone with similar experience that can help answer my question? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 AM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

Seeing your from St. Clair County, your fiance will be sent back to Egeler and will have to go before the parole board on a parole violation. My fiance was sent back to Egeler in May on the parole violation charge and got 12 months from the parole board for it. He faces a new charge of OUIL 3rd and was finally arraigned in district court on it last week. He has yet to be arraigned in circuit court. He was just sent back to Cotton last Thursday.

It seems that St. Clair County sends everyone with a parole violation immediately back to Egeler and to face the parole board. Even when the hearing officer recommended re-parole and substance abuse treatment, the parole officer wrote false information in his report that made my fiance sound like he was committing road rage at the time of his arrest (he has never been charged with this and it wasn't even his vehicle that the police were looking for at the time, he just happened to be in the wrong place and the wrong time even though he shouldn't have been drinking and driving) and therefore the board wrote that he could be a menace to society and gave him the 12 months.

Sorry that my news isn't sounding too good for you, but just wanted you to be aware of what St. Clair County does. There are six others that I know of that the same thing has happened to them in the past four months.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:27 AM

Mine was sent to TRV after his new charge of OUIL, and then to Pugsley for 14 months.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Only time will tell....

He is being sentenced in Macomb Circuit court next week and then I beleive he will be shipped to Egeler to see the parole board. He's already been to TRV on a past violation. We shall see what happens....
Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

My ex committed a new felony and back to prison he went. My current boyfriend has been out for 2 1/2 years and committed a couple of misdemeanors and hasn't been sent back. We've always been told you have to committ a new felony charge to go back. They have different programs to take care of the other stuff.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:35 PM

My son was on Parole and caught another Felony charge. He was arrested and sent to County. He was given bail on the new charge, but because he was automatically violated due to the new charge, we were not allowed to bail him out. He took a plea, was sentenced to 2 years flat for felony firearms, and 1-5 for felon in possession of a firearm. He is currently at Egeler waiting to be shipped out. He did not have to see the Parole Board for the violation. He had 1 year remaining on his original sentence. They tacked the year onto the end of the 1-5. His ERD is 8-28-10 and his max date is 2-24-15. Here again, each case seems to be handled differently. Go figure.