Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 AM

Default Different yards/levels at LAC?

Does anyone know what Yard B-2 means?
The Following User Says Thank You to wah For This Useful Post:
achilles_healed (03-29-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wah View Post
Does anyone know what Yard B-2 means?
Welcome to PTO!! To answer your question B-2 would mean B yard Buliding 2. Normally each yard has about 4-5 building per yard. I hope this helps
wah (11-18-2008)
Old 11-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Default Yards at Lancaster

Does Lancaster have a SNY yard?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

No Lancaster has no SNY. Calipatria, Kern Valley, HDSP, Tehachipi and I believe a few others have SNY.
PTO-110524 (12-04-2008)
Old 01-05-2009, 12:33 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

How about SHU? Does LAC have any SHU housing?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:36 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

No my love!! I believe Pelican Bay And Corcoran has the Shu Units.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post

Cool, thanks, Hon. I know of PB, Corcoran and CCI, but wanted to make sure about LAC.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
His Milagro

Default Shu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
Yes PELICAN BAY has the SHU my husbands in there untill he gets out...
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 AM

Default Questions & Info re: Level 1 Yard

My Husband may be transferred soon and I was hoping to find out some basic information about the Minimum Security yard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What yard is the minimum security yard in Lancaster? Are they housed in dorms or do they have cells?

Can the guys have a tv? Does Lancaster also use GTL? And how often can the guys call in a day?

How often are family visits? And do you order FV food from a package company or from the prison itself?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Miss my KiNg

transferred to where reception?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

It appears from her post that she is asking about the Level 1 yard at LAC - not reception. Does anyone have a loved one on the L1 yard and if so can you help? Thanks!

I do know that he can have a TV here and also that GTL is the phone company.

Anyone else on L1 who can answer about the FV's, housing design; dorms or cells, etc? Thanks ladies.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:46 PM

Well, my husband wasn't on level 1 at Lancaster, he was in reception. But you can clearly see the layout of the minimum yard as you drive to the visitor center. The minimum yard is outside the fence near the front of the prison property. The buildings look similar to trailers, just bigger so I'm guessing they are dorm style, but again, I don't know for sure. There are 4 buildings set in a square around a yard area. I think one building might be for visits actually.
Please understand I don't know that the minimum yard I'm talking about is level 1, i am just assuming it is cause it's outside the fence.

good luck,
Carol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impatient1 For This Useful Post:
HisGirl308 (02-12-2009), PTO-110524 (02-11-2009)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:37 AM

Default Jobs on Min. Security Yard?

I was wondering what kind of jobs were available to the guys on the minimum security yard at Lancaster.

The CDCr website says PIA, Vocational, Academic, and Community Service Programs, but I'd like to know what is specifically available to the minimum yard, if anyone knows.

Any information would be helpful! Thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisGirl308 View Post
I was wondering what kind of jobs were available to the guys on the minimum security yard at Lancaster.

The CDCr website says PIA, Vocational, Academic, and Community Service Programs, but I'd like to know what is specifically available to the minimum yard, if anyone knows.

Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

I can answer some of your questions for you. They have a work crew for level 1 inmates. They go around the City of Lancaster and cut the grass of the LA County Sheriffs Office in town , Lancaster City Hall and other city properties. This would be the community service propgrams. They have several of these crews.

They also have GED classes etc.. Normal clerk jobs etc.. Barber jobs..
Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 AM

Default Yards Types/Levels

Hello everyone. I wanted to get detailed information about all the yards here. This is what I've been told (please clarify if it's inaccurate):
1) Reception Yard (non contact visits)
2) Protective Custody
3) General Population (is this just 1 yard/housing or are there more)
4) Honors Yard (is it true that if you get a write up, you are sent to Gen. Population)

My boyfriend is at another prison and there are 3 General Population Yards and 1 Protective Custody yard. So if for some reason, he doesn't like A yard, he can move to B, or C...or the protective custody one(if desired). It seems like there aren't that many alternatives in this prison if there's only 1 General Population Yard.

I appreciate any information anyone can provide.And maybe if anyone can list all the yards.

Thanks- sorry so long but I wanted to become well informed and who better than from all of you :-)
Old 03-27-2009, 05:40 PM

Yes A yard is an Honors yard. It is not for any protective custody (PC, SNY) inmates. My husband was on a list and out of 20 inmates from where he was at Lancaster only choose two of them to go. He hasn't had a write up yet, but I have seen a few go to the hole to be place back on A yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obstacles View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted to get detailed information about all the yards here. This is what I've been told (please clarify if it's inaccurate):
1) Reception Yard (non contact visits)
2) Protective Custody
3) General Population (is this just 1 yard/housing or are there more)
4) Honors Yard (is it true that if you get a write up, you are sent to Gen. Population)

My boyfriend is at another prison and there are 3 General Population Yards and 1 Protective Custody yard. So if for some reason, he doesn't like A yard, he can move to B, or C...or the protective custody one(if desired). It seems like there aren't that many alternatives in this prison if there's only 1 General Population Yard.

I appreciate any information anyone can provide.And maybe if anyone can list all the yards.

Thanks- sorry so long but I wanted to become well informed and who better than from all of you :-)
Old 03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

obstacles - it will also depend on his custody level. Often yards are for different levels, so if he's say a Level 3, there may only be one level 3 yard.

As for SNY (the correct term, btw) this would also be a case of it needing to be the correct level. Also, an inmate cannot just decide he wants SNY. He has to have a valid reason and go through a process, which is very involved. If he's a validated gang member, he would need to debrief, which often takes months and months during which time he is in Ad Seg. If he's a sex offender, that takes less time. If he's an informant, not so long. If he's rolling up and going SNY over drug debts, more investigation. And ALL of these require time in Ad Seg - amounting to months. (Just wanted to give you and idea)

All reception yards everywhere have non-contact visits.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bull59 View Post
Yes A yard is an Honors yard. It is not for any protective custody (PC, SNY) inmates. My husband was on a list and out of 20 inmates from where he was at Lancaster only choose two of them to go. He hasn't had a write up yet, but I have seen a few go to the hole to be place back on A yard.
Does Lancaster house level 2? What is the Honors Yard????? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona1800 View Post
Does Lancaster house level 2? What is the Honors Yard????? Thanks.
I don't know about the level 2 question, but from my understanding the honors yard is suppose to be a yard for 35 years old and up that want to program, go to school and not with all the politics that are on all the other general pop level 4's. My husband is going on his 19th year in prison and has been in Lancaster since June and he has yet to see or hear of a stabbing on this yard, which has been almost a daily happenings threw out all these years. He has accomplish more in these few months for him freedom than the whole time he has been in prison.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Default A yard

Does A yard also have the CTC? Husband just got there and I thought his housing would be C yard (SNY from Salinas) but they gave me his housing as A-4. Where are medical needs inmates housed?
Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligatorz View Post
Does A yard also have the CTC? Husband just got there and I thought his housing would be C yard (SNY from Salinas) but they gave me his housing as A-4. Where are medical needs inmates housed?
All prisons have some sort of CTC or infirmary, so if he has medical issues, there is a Medical dept. As for A yard, as far as I know that's the Honor's Yard, not SNY.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:26 AM

Default CTC housing

that's what I am trying to figure out! Of course it is a holiday weekend so no info is forthcoming from them. They didn't have room for him in the CTC in Salinas and he was scheduled to go to LAC so they moved him up the list to the first transportation available. They have been sending him out to the hospital, etc. and giving him IV drips (saline, potassium) so I am a bit concerned. It doesn't seem like they stuck him in regular orientation for SNY. I will try to call Monday but trying to get the layout set in my brain first. Any help/info appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiferzWife View Post
All prisons have some sort of CTC or infirmary, so if he has medical issues, there is a Medical dept. As for A yard, as far as I know that's the Honor's Yard, not SNY.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:07 AM

Honor yard is A 1, A 2 and A 3. As far as I know A 4 is part of ASU. I hope that he gets well quickley!
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligatorz View Post
that's what I am trying to figure out! Of course it is a holiday weekend so no info is forthcoming from them. They didn't have room for him in the CTC in Salinas and he was scheduled to go to LAC so they moved him up the list to the first transportation available. They have been sending him out to the hospital, etc. and giving him IV drips (saline, potassium) so I am a bit concerned. It doesn't seem like they stuck him in regular orientation for SNY. I will try to call Monday but trying to get the layout set in my brain first. Any help/info appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Default was CTC housing now ASU

That makes sense in a way. funny though that ASU and 'honors' are on the same yard/area. Do you have any idea where the CTC is or what they do with medical patients there? I don't see any #s listed for any of the medical staff such as CMO or Chief Psych.
I did call again today. The gal in Records said she didn't know what kind of housing A-4 was but gave me a counselor's ext. Of course no answer there ever and no call back. I will try again tomorrow and see if I can also reach the Ombudsman.
If any one has #s for any medical staff there I would certainly appreciate them. These are ongoing health issues that they are not treating and at this point there is an attorney involved.
thx for your info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bull59 View Post
Honor yard is A 1, A 2 and A 3. As far as I know A 4 is part of ASU. I hope that he gets well quickley!
Good luck!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:54 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

That's one thing that you have to get use to! No calls back..Or get one2-3days later.His counselor changing i suggest you double check with records if his couselor remains the same before calling someone who wont be able to help u.. Maybe you all ready tried this but thought id post it and can be of some help to PTO call the prison # press 3-institutional services then 2-inmate services & 1-Medical Services.. Hopefully they will help you if not then give Mrs.Monroe a call..
Ombudsman CDCR Sacramento
916-327-8467
I'd leave a message right now and hopefully she has time to hear it & give you a call back by tomorrow..