Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 AM
~Discharged 11/19/08~

Default housing help for a felon

Hey guys! Its been a long time since ive been on here. I guess as time goes by once your out of the "system", you tend to forget about things. i also hope i posted this in the right area.

I have done a search for what im looking for but didn't pinpoint anything. maybe i didn't do a correct search.

i have a friend i work with that is looking for housing (apartment, town home, etc.) in the Denver metro area. he also has a felony. I have lost all my resources to give him any help or point him in the right direction. Anyone have any good resources i can point him to that may accept a felony?

Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Dude...whaddup? How's work? How's the fiance? How's the wedding planning? Or are you married already?

Here's my two cents worth -

craigslist is a goldmine for private rentals. Believe it or not, private landlords really don't bother with background checks...they don't want to spend the money. Tell him to stay away from any property that is "managed" by a company.

I can check with my old landlord and see if he has anything. He has condos right off of I-25 and Yale, so your friend would be within driving distance of just about everything. There are also a lot of great studio (cheap) apartments in Capitol Hill. Is he on parole? If so the he has to get permission to move first.

How much rent is he looking to pay? Does he have a car? Pets? Family? Let me know and I'll see if Naram has anything.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 PM

Can't help you with housing info, but Cindy has that covered. Good to see you and hope all is going well for you
Old 10-01-2009, 03:35 PM
~Discharged 11/19/08~

Well hello!

Thanks for the info!

Not married yet, we planned it this next summer, gotta save more moola!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

YAY! I know it will be a great wedding for sure since she picked you! She's a lucky girl!