Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:26 PM

Default State jail sentence and good time? TX

I have a couple questions so if anyone has any info for me please chime in. First, my fiancee told me that a new law was passed saying he can get good time credit while doing a state jail sentence. Is that true? Also, he had a probation violation in collin county that he got ran concurrent with his tdcj state jail sentence in dallas. Collin county granted him 193 days of back time credit. Can he get that back time credit added along with the tdcj time he has done as well? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 10:16 AM

Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,014 Posts

I havent found anything relating to a new law of this type. Hopefully someone else will come along with more information on where to look for this type of thing. Good luck to you.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,298 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlasha26 View Post
I have a couple questions so if anyone has any info for me please chime in. First, my fiancee told me that a new law was passed saying he can get good time credit while doing a state jail sentence. Is that true? Also, he had a probation violation in collin county that he got ran concurrent with his tdcj state jail sentence in dallas. Collin county granted him 193 days of back time credit. Can he get that back time credit added along with the tdcj time he has done as well? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx!!
This is not true. State jail is day for day, no good time, no early release. The rumor seems to resurface alot, but it's not true, unfortunately.

If the sentences are concurrent, the 193 days also applies to the TDC time. If the sentences are consecutive, it would not.

Once he has completed his state jail time, if he still has TDC time remaining, he should be transferred to a TDC unit (if he is currently housed in a state jail).