Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > Riker's Island Jail - New York
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riker's Island Jail - New York Topics & Discussions relating to Riker's Island Jail.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:10 PM

Default * Court Fees & DNA fees (reception fees) *

Hi all..

Just wondering about this if anybody knows: My brother was sentenced last week in Bronx criminal court and now hes awaiting (in rikers island) for transfer to upstate, possibly Ulster county (first time / non violent felony). But hes been asking me about some " court fees " he must pay the state/NYC and DNA fees once he is DOC custody. Does anybody know what he is talking about? Has anybody in here heard of those fees once an inmate is sentenced and waiting to be transferred? I have no clue. If anybody knows please share. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 PM

NYS DOCS will take money he receives (earns at docs working) or receives from the outside to pay these. Court he was in should have imposed mandatory state fines, along with whatever fines they see fit for his crime, and ALL docs inmates get DNA put in system and have to pay for that. It was $50.00 when my hubby entered system, not sure what it is now. 100% of $ will be taken until he only has 1 imposed "account", then they will take 50% of $ received until that is paid off. This is how this lovely system works. If he is in state custody and not county custody that is. My hubby didn't face any fees/fines while at county, they showed up when he became state property.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Sad and Worried

That's crazy