Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts
Default ~*~LAC's Welcome/Mini Intro's~*~

Welcome to the California State Prison-Lancaster (LAC) Forum. We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing here, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

With that said, I thought we could take some time and all introduce ourselves and tell a little about us and why we are on PTO. I know there are quite a few newcomers and a lot of veterans. So what better way to get to know one another than a mini intro thread.

I'll go first:

Hi, I'm Brandy, one of PTO's California Moderators. My hubby is at LAC. We recently got married, and we have a wonderful son who is 6. My hubby has a life sentence under the three strike law, non violet crime. PTO has been a very great blessing for me, everyone here is like my second family, I don't know what I would do without everyone.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Last edited by Brandy; 11-18-2010 at 08:17 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 06:19 PM

Hello! I'm Evelyn. My Boyfriend is at LAC in the Min yard. He got in trouble on violation of probation so they gave him two years, lucky for him the judge gave him credit for his time in county and it was half time so he's only serving about 6 months, He comes home Nov. 22!
This was my first time dealing with him in prison. If it wasnt for you guys i would have gone crazy! Everyone was so friendly and knowledgeable it really helped me! thank you all so much
Old 12-27-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
Welcome to the California State Prison-Lancaster (LAC) Forum. We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing here, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

With that said, I thought we could take some time and all introduce ourselves and tell a little about us and why we are on PTO. I know there are quite a few newcomers and a lot of veterans. So what better way to get to know one another than a mini intro thread.

I'll go first:

Hi, I'm Brandy, one of PTO's California Moderators. My hubby is at LAC. We recently got married, and we have a wonderful son who is 6. My hubby has a life sentence under the three strike law, non violet crime. PTO has been a very great blessing for me, everyone here is like my second family, I don't know what I would do without everyone.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

My name is Mary Jane and my son was transferred to Lancaster from Chino on a stupid parole violation of having energy drinks unopened in his car that contained alcohol. He received 7 months, 3 1/2 for good behavior. He was transferred to lancaster before Thanksgiving and I haven't heard a word from him since.

He was suppose to get out day after Christmas or later. I am still waiting and hoping he didn't get in trouble. Is there anyway I can find out his release date.

He was in reception, so he hasn't been able to call.

Just worried and hoping to get a call he's out soon.

Thank You.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:59 PM
hanging in there
Donation Award 

I'm Linda and my son Chris is at CSC Lancaster. He pled to assault charges earlier this month and was xferred to CSC on 12/23. I just got a letter from him today and am supergrateful, what a nice way to close out the year! I had not heard from him since before the transfer so I was concerned. I haven't yet gotten a visiting application, doubt if I can get any calls, and I'm sure grateful for all of the PTO community. Even though I don't know you, I know you're there, and that is making this difficult journey a little more bearable cause I'm not alone. Thank you for your presence and your sharing!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 AM
hanging in there
Donation Award 

writing again. Although my son was transferred to Lancaster on 12/23, I have still not heard from him. Well, let me correct - I have received two letters and no phone calls. He says he does not yet have access to the visiting form. I understand he can not call while he's in reception. I'd like to visit ASAP Is there any way to expedite him getting access to the forms or to visiting in general?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM

Hello. my name is rose. my boyfriend was transferred to Lancaster today from county. he's in for a technical violation. his hearing was last thursday and they gave him 10 months with half and credit for time spent. he was arrested jan8, so he should be outta there by june8. he said something about maybe getting release sooner... not sure how it all works tho. thanks PTO
Old 03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Mizzin you:'(

Hi name is Marie from North Hollywood Cali and my boyfriend is in Receptin in Lancaster hes in for a Parole Violation and was giving 10 months hes been in custody since Dec...Im new here and very confused this is my first time going through this I just send back the 106 form so im hoping I get approved soon...
Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Vanessa Marie

Talking *Newbie*

Hello ladies my name is Vanessa
Im new here to LAC my honey just got transferred from La Palma, AZ he did a little over a year there and i made the trip every month. im so happy he is finally back in cali!!
trying to get basic info on lac i greatly appriecate any help and i look foward to getting to know you all
Old 04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Vanessa Marie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohocity View Post
Hi name is Marie from North Hollywood Cali and my boyfriend is in Receptin in Lancaster hes in for a Parole Violation and was giving 10 months hes been in custody since Dec...Im new here and very confused this is my first time going through this I just send back the 106 form so im hoping I get approved soon...
hey marie im vanessa new to LAC but not new to the system hit me up if you ever want to talk
keep your head up!!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 AM
{Patiently Waiting}

Smile Too far from home!!

Hello everyone, well after almost 10 months of wondering where my husband would get mainlined, the answer is finally here. LAC!! Which means he's about 4hrz. away from me he got there exactly a week ago and idk how this is all gonna work as far as visiting but I guess we'll just have to wait and see! He's been gone a year and has 5 more to go, and I'm most def. gonna be there for him 'til the day he comes home!!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:24 AM

Hey girls, I havent been on here since 2008 but my husband is back in and this time he got sentenced to prison. I know the county jails, but I dont know prisons. So I you guys can help me with as much as info yall can, I will appreciate it. So all I know right now is (as of an hour ago) that after calling the LA inmate # to check his status he has been released from the county jail he was in and they told me he is at the California State Prison in Lancaster. I did check the cdcr.ca.gov website to find him but I guess his info is not in there yet. Just want to know what I should do now. I guess I cant write him till he writes me with his info, right? I guess I cant visit him right now either? What can I do for him right now or send him?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Till Death do us part

Smile Hello

Hello LAC Ladies... My name is Ashley my Fiance just arrived at LAC last week and i received a call from him Saturday letting me know LAC mainlined him right when he got there so i was able to have a contact visit with him the very next day, after he called me, which was yesterday. Its so nice to have him close to home for the past year i was driving 7 hours to Arizona to visit him every month. Processing was very easy flowing yesterday thanks to all of the Ladies who post informative posts i lined up by 7:30am did all the processing and i was sitting next to my Love by 9:20am in D gym i was there all the way up to the end till about 3pm when the CO's tell us to say good bye... It was great! As for all visiting rooms being different at D gym at first there wasnt many visitors but by the end it did get fuller but not over crowded there was a outside patio area but CO's said it was off limits... no terminations and the inmates were allowed to walk to the vending machines with us and to the microwaves... Overall very friendly people from the COs to the visitors... Now till next weekend...yay... my Babe will most likely get sent to the Minimum Support Facility so ill see how that visiting yard is does anyone know?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:11 AM
FRANkiE<3 LAUGHTER

hey my name is laura and my boyfriend he was in wayside and yesterday they send him back here in irc in downtown l.a and today in the morning i found out he got transfer to LAC his just doing 6 months he will be out nov.13.2011 .im happy because his just one hour away from me and i could be able to visit him once he sends me the visitation form and i get approved

Old 08-25-2011, 04:08 PM

Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,216 Posts

Hi Ladies-
My man transferred to Lancaster from Wayside today. I'm dreading this no-phone, no-visit reception process. This isn't his first time doing this, but it is mine. Is there a web site similar to LASD inmate info where I can get updates about his status? When can I expect to get mail from him (he writes every day)? Any advice or info you can offer is much appreciated. Thx.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryzgirl View Post
Hi Ladies-
My man transferred to Lancaster from Wayside today. I'm dreading this no-phone, no-visit reception process. This isn't his first time doing this, but it is mine. Is there a web site similar to LASD inmate info where I can get updates about his status? When can I expect to get mail from him (he writes every day)? Any advice or info you can offer is much appreciated. Thx.
Hello,

My husband was moved there on the the 4th of August. Reception suck but hang in there. Mail from him usually takes 2 or 3 days to get to me but my mail took 2 weeks to get to him. He was so stressed out because he hadnt heard from me. Stay strong. Tell him to send you a visiting form ASAP. I sent mine back and got my approval back in 2 weeks!!!! i was shocked.. never thought i would be approved that fast. I'm calling now to make an appointment to visit.. but this is my first time making a visiting appointment and i can't get through
Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 AM

Question hello ladies

Hello my name is Fall on I am new to PTO my babe has been in prison since 2010 he first was at dalayno then soledad now he is in Lancaster in reception I hope he stays there because I can't take another move but I'm so confused about alot I really don't know what expect or do at this point
Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 AM

How long has he been in Reception
Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 PM

Default reception

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine86 View Post
How long has he been in Reception
He just got to reception December 16 but why every time he transfers he has to go to reception
Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Account Closed

Hello ladies! I'm Federica, I'm from Italy and my Sunshine is a LAC`s guest since last week (he was at KVSP before). Yes, we are MWI but it os working so... We are happy!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Lisa Marie

Hello and welcome Federica

People don't understand how hard it is to have a loved one locked up. It takes a STRONG person to do it everyday until they come home. It hurts so bad
The Following User Says Thank You to nessbuddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Hello, looks like my mwi has just been transfered to LAC, only an hour away from me!! We are both excited about this new development but the transition process is probably gonna be a bit rough on us, cause our letter stream is going to be pretty messed up by this move. And since all we have right now are letters ... He is on year 12 of an 18 year sentence and is level IV. Does anyone know if I can write to him while in Reception? if I call records can they tell me where he is and where to write him? Send me a Pm and let me know...
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Hello ladies im charmele my boyfriend just got move to lancaster about a month from. Kvsp in delano.he has been in prison for some time now.glad. I

found this forum.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:33 PM
SHAWN'S WIFEY

Question Newbee :)

Hello,
I'm Jennifer My fiance is in LAC im so new to all this infact have not yet got to see what its like to visit he was in the local County jail where i live.I am new to PTO. We are actually in the process of getting everything in order so we can get married at LAC any advice like what kind of dress can i wear, can i show minimum clevege ?. I am actually trying to move to the area with my 7 year old son so that i can have visits every weekend do they have resources on day care or a babysitter while at visits? sorry so many questions im so new to this thanks
Jennifer
Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Welcome Jennifer. They do have a friends outside trailer who will watch kids while you're visiting if he is not going in with you. I believe its free. As far as dress..minimal cleavage and if you call the facility 661-723-8333 its a recording of Colors you cant wear etc.If he just moved from county I'm assuming he is in reception at LAC and visits for them is restricted to behind glass for I believe an hour. If you have any questions feel free to Send me a private message and I can answer them.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
SHAWN'S WIFEY

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicat25 View Post
Welcome Jennifer. They do have a friends outside trailer who will watch kids while you're visiting if he is not going in with you. I believe its free. As far as dress..minimal cleavage and if you call the facility 661-723-8333 its a recording of Colors you cant wear etc.If he just moved from county I'm assuming he is in reception at LAC and visits for them is restricted to behind glass for I believe an hour. If you have any questions feel free to Send me a private message and I can answer them.
Thank you so much