Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Default Old but New..

I have dealt with different prison systems most of my life, but California is pretty new. My friend just got transferred to Lancaster from Kern Valley a couple days ago. I now have to learn all the ins and outs again. The mail, phones, etc. I'm not sure how you ladies keep up with all the different rules from one prison to the next.

Lynn~
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 PM
missing you

Welcome ohios wife- I've been here 2 months now but still getting used to it
The Following User Says Thank You to thiscrazylove For This Useful Post:
OhioWife4Life (07-14-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Welcome ohioswife..been doing this for a year and still getting use to it
Old 07-17-2012, 01:14 PM

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioWife4Life View Post
I have dealt with different prison systems most of my life, but California is pretty new. My friend just got transferred to Lancaster from Kern Valley a couple days ago. I now have to learn all the ins and outs again. The mail, phones, etc. I'm not sure how you ladies keep up with all the different rules from one prison to the next.

Lynn~
Welcome to Lancaster things are really laided back here.. They move pretty slow lol if he just got here you have to wait for him to see a counselor and stuff before you can visit...

Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 PM

Default Lancaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvedme1st View Post
Welcome to Lancaster things are really laided back here.. They move pretty slow lol if he just got here you have to wait for him to see a counselor and stuff before you can visit...
I won't be visiting, I live 3,000 miles away. I received a letter from him that he was moving and his cellie would make sure I got all the mail back that he had not received yet, which makes me a bit ticked off.. He had a package there and god only knows what other kind of mail. Kern was at least 2 to 3 weeks behind on mail. He said, if it doesn't get sent back it gets thrown out. WTH

I did get his magazines transferred, but how on earth can they NOT forward mail. I suppose I think because Ohio does it that every state should do it. Ugh! Thanks for the info..
Lynn
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Account Closed

Hello! I'm BelieveInUs and my man is in LAC (he has been there since April, he was in Kern Valley before). I live in Italy so our relationship is not easy at all but we have LOVE and it's working (not to mention we are MWI). Anyway, I hope this forum will help me feeling a little bit closer to my wonderful man! Have all a wonderful day!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:30 AM

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinus View Post
hello! I'm believeinus and my man is in lac (he has been there since april, he was in kern valley before). I live in italy so our relationship is not easy at all but we have love and it's working (not to mention we are mwi). Anyway, i hope this forum will help me feeling a little bit closer to my wonderful man! Have all a wonderful day!
welcome to lancaster...

Old 02-09-2013, 11:46 PM

My son was just transferred to on Wednesday or Thursday I have no clue what to do. He was moved from the CIM SHU/Ad Seg and now I guess he is in Ad seg? Anyways I called all day Friday to try to get an appointment but did not get through. Can anyone tell me if he will have reception again?Is that something that happens at every prison with every move? and how long does it take? I was told by his counselor from CIM that he was going to the SHU at Tehachapi not to Ad seg in Lancaster. Now here I am thank you ladies for being here any help is greatly appreciated. My name is Stella
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM

Good Morning all! Well about a week ago i was notified that the future hubby was moved to LAC.. which I am so happy about!! Because that means we FINALLY after 2 years have our phone calls back AND CONTACT VISITS!! YAY!! Anywho - I am hoping that I can continue to get the awesome support that PTO has always been able to offer! Hope to talk to you all soon!!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Hold On We're Coming Home

Hi!! I've been with my fiancé for a cool minute, always heard about Pto but need took the time to become a member. I'm hoping i can get support all around! We might be transferring to this prison soon, it be nice to get some questions answered and support from you lovely ladies as well!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Hey im not new to this i just forgot my other info lol n its been yrs since ive been on here so i hope im doing this right i dont remember lol...my bf is in lac n ive sent a visiting form awhileee back n ive been waiting i had numbers to call to see if ive been approved but no one ever answers do any of you know the number i call to see if i have been approved??
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 PM

Hi my name's Essy. I'm 23 years old and my man got moved to LAC from Kern in January. He's doing 19 with 15 more to go. I just sent in my visiting form yesterday and can't wait to get this going! Haven't seen him in 5 years. Anyway you all seem really nice and informative so thanks for that
Old 08-28-2013, 01:52 PM

Hi my name is Cheryl. I am new to this prison. Hubby just got moved here last week. I know this site helps alot and I hope I can help too. Just a few of the normal questions: How slow is mail, how does visiting work, how r the CO's? Well hope to talk to u all soon.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyzTLNT View Post
Hi my name is Cheryl. I am new to this prison. Hubby just got moved here last week. I know this site helps alot and I hope I can help too. Just a few of the normal questions: How slow is mail, how does visiting work, how r the CO's? Well hope to talk to u all soon.
Hi Cheryl, Welcome to LAC. Mail is super super slow atleast for our yard. He has not received my mail from July. =( Visiting is pretty good, I mean we get about 2 good hours. I wish it was more... The correctional officers are nice. Only one has been rude to me and it was nothing major. I hope this lil info helps. Let me know if I can answer anything else...

Old 03-31-2014, 12:48 PM
Us vs Them

Hey Ladies! My boyfriend has been in LAC for 5years now, he's in B yard. I haven't been to see him there yet, I live in NC. But I'm planning a trip in June to see him