Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Virginia.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Talking First Visit to Wallens Ridge

Hey ladies im leaving late tonight for my very first visit to see my love, not wanting this 7 hr drive but he is well worth it. So any suggestions on clothing (what not to wear), I know some places say certain things about what to bring change in ( anyone know for WR)??? Well Im just so excited about this. I met my love while I was working at the prison he was in, so this is the first time I actually get to hug or kiss him. Im so nervous, anxious, happy all emotions wrapped in one. So if any one has any advice it will be greatly accepted. Wish me luck!!!

Last edited by mendoza80; 12-04-2010 at 01:47 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoza80 View Post
Hey ladies im leaving late tonight for my very first visit to see my love, not wanting this 7 hr drive but he is well worth it. So any suggestions on clothing (what not to wear), I know some places say certain things about what to bring change in ( anyone know for WR)??? Well Im just so excited about this. I met my love while I was working at the prison he was in, so this is the first time I actually get to hug or kiss him. Im so nervous, anxious, happy all emotions wrapped in one. So if any one has any advice it will be greatly accepted. Wish me luck!!!

I hate to ask but were you a co ? if you were they might not let you visit. unless you have already gotten permission. (im hoping you did) x doc employees must usually wait a few years after terminating the job to visit I dont want to bring you bad news but 7 hours is a long way to go to get turned away.

YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE

Hebrews 13:3 - Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,718 Posts

Hope your visit went good

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoneandonly View Post
Hope your visit went good

I never made it, I left real early that morning and ended up hitting black ice on the rd about 5 mins from my house and slammed right into the concrete median and totalled my car. I came out ok but bruised up pretty bad. So needless to say not a good weekend for me.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I never made it, I left real early that morning and ended up hitting black ice on the rd about 5 mins from my house and slammed right into the concrete median and totalled my car. I came out ok but bruised up pretty bad. So needless to say not a good weekend for me.
Oh I"m so sorry to hear that! I was hoping to find out more about Wallens Ridge. My man's oldest son is there. Hope you are ok physically, and that you get your vehicle situation squared up quickly. Best to you.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,718 Posts

Quote:
Oh no hope you are okay.

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
My 2 Sons

Sorry you didn't make it out there. My son was in there a couple years ago. I can tell you the visits are face to face but you are sitting at a metal table with a metal divider between you. You are allowed to hug when he comes in and when you leave. Any snacks or drinks you buy for him have to be placed on the divider, you can't hand it directly to him. And, when he was there visitors couldn't wear hunter green, dark blue or maroon since those are the colors of their jumpsuits. Otherwise, the guards were always nice to us.

Hope you make it out there soon.