Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default Marriage Q&A/Procedure for CVSP - Post Here

Link to previous thread

Please post any questions, issues or information regarding the marriage procedure @ Chuckawalla in this thread.

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Default Questions about chuckawalla marriage..

Hi ladieS so yesterday was the FISRT time i visited my man at chuckawalla n he asked me to marry him. So i said yes of coarse but i wanna know what do i do now? Paperwork wise? To get it done?
Old 02-22-2011, 12:14 AM

He has to be the one to request the paperwork. He can fill out all the parts he has to then send them to you & fill out all the parts for you and mail the paper work back in to his counselor which then makes sure everything is in order & that there is nothing wrong. This is where I am right now. I sent my paper work in abt 2 mons ago...still waiting. Sheesh
Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Keeper of My Heart

I been reading from other prison marriage forums about marriage counseling. Now are those optional or mandatory?? I've never heard nothing about it for Chuckie's?? I read on some threads that U have to go to em??

~][Love Can Remain Even After Death][~
Old 03-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Keeper of My Heart

Hmmm i guess every prison from different st8s r different. Sounds like the prisons in Cali don't really do the marriage counseling. I gotta find a fone # to call somebody @ the prison about the rings. I wanna find out if they really do check the receipts on the value of the rings, if they do allow u to bring em on ur wedding day or do u have to send it over mail, & how long the process of receiving ur marriage certific8 takes. Unless somebody here knows the answers feel free to comment!!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl6ckr0s3 View Post
Hmmm i guess every prison from different st8s r different. Sounds like the prisons in Cali don't really do the marriage counseling. I gotta find a fone # to call somebody @ the prison about the rings. I wanna find out if they really do check the receipts on the value of the rings, if they do allow u to bring em on ur wedding day or do u have to send it over mail, & how long the process of receiving ur marriage certific8 takes. Unless somebody here knows the answers feel free to comment!!
Cali doesn't do marriage counseling. Yes, you have to bring your receipt with his ring on the day of your wedding & they do check it. Receiving the marriage certificate takes 2-8 weeks.

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrs.grumps For This Useful Post:
bl6ckr0s3 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 PM

okay so I'm still waiting for the counselor to get back to me about the paper work being complete,,,this has been going on for me for 3 mons now...sheesh!!! i hear some people only took 6 weeks or 2 months, i'm way beyond that now
Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM

okay so i saw my fiance this weekend his counselor said she was going to mail out a new name change form to sign it and send the $68 money order for the marriage license how long after that will i get a date? i am starting to get nervous
Old 07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Keeper of My Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.grumps View Post
Cali doesn't do marriage counseling. Yes, you have to bring your receipt with his ring on the day of your wedding & they do check it. Receiving the marriage certificate takes 2-8 weeks.
Is there a faster way in receiving the marriage certific8? Such as going to the office to pick it up in person or sending extra $$$ to overnight the paperwork? I thought it would help me take care of business a lot quicker than waiting 2 or more weeks?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl6ckr0s3

Is there a faster way in receiving the marriage certific8? Such as going to the office to pick it up in person or sending extra $$$ to overnight the paperwork? I thought it would help me take care of business a lot quicker than waiting 2 or more weeks?
I'm not sure. Call the county courthouse & ask them.

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Mrs. Nevarez~10/15/09

I got married at Chuckies and I believe I submitted the paperwork the end of June or July and we were married October 15th. The mc there is really nice and she was really on it. As for the marriage license, I think I was their worst nightmare. I literally drove to the closest riverside records place to me and got the certificate. Much much more quicker then waiting for it in the mail. I got my first FV in December. I have to say though I bugged the crap out of everybody throughout the whole process! Luckily it worked for me but it really could have backfired and made things lag.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Keeper of My Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiesgirl28 View Post
I got married at Chuckies and I believe I submitted the paperwork the end of June or July and we were married October 15th. The mc there is really nice and she was really on it. As for the marriage license, I think I was their worst nightmare. I literally drove to the closest riverside records place to me and got the certificate. Much much more quicker then waiting for it in the mail. I got my first FV in December. I have to say though I bugged the crap out of everybody throughout the whole process! Luckily it worked for me but it really could have backfired and made things lag.
I appreci8 the feedback, thanx! I guess ill ask a couple of people there on our wedding day. Then ill figure out which office is closest that I can attend to pick it up. How many days did u had to wait to pick up ur certific8 after ur wedding day? Or was it available right on the next day?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Mrs. Nevarez~10/15/09

It arrived at records on October 28th and was able to pick it up on nov 6th. So it still took a few weeks. And then starts the waiting game on getting approved for family visits!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Keeper of My Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiesgirl28 View Post
It arrived at records on October 28th and was able to pick it up on nov 6th. So it still took a few weeks. And then starts the waiting game on getting approved for family visits!
So 4 u it took about 3 weeks b4 u were able to get urs? Since u went to go pick it up urself, i assume u didn't give em a self stamped envelope on the wedding day since that's 1 of the things they asked 4 u to bring besides the money orders? The family visits would probably not gonna happen 4 us. More than likely, we may just wait to b 2gether if he goes on parole. I'm plannin on moving across seas w/ his parents after we get married, tho ill b back every few months to visit him & my family. I was hoping I could try to take care of my name change errands b4 i move, but i guess depending on how it goes, i either will or won't cuz i was aiming to leave my job & stuff b4 Halloween.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Mrs. Nevarez~10/15/09

Oh yeah I gave them the stamped envelope and all that but it still took longer for them to send it in the mail. I wasn't about to wait for that, I bought 2 copies and got the one in the mail a couple of weeks later. Since I was told I need the marriage certificate for fv I wasn't taking any chances on losing it because without that they wouldn't let me in.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Keeper of My Heart

O....u bought 2 copies wen u went to go pick em up? I thought about paying for 3 copies all @ once, but i'm wondering if i should just pay 4 1 & just buy the 2 wen I go pick em up b4 that 1 comes thru the mail huh? Well thx 4 the info, I really appreci8 it!

Old 12-03-2011, 07:39 PM

ok ladies i have a marriage question i just got the marriage packet from chuckies now when i fill it out and send it i send the 68 dollars or do i have to wait? and does anyone know the number for the marriage counsoler there? i wanna make sure i do everything right.i appreciate any and all feed back on what i have to do and how things work on the marriage process. thank you
Old 12-08-2011, 02:39 AM

Im not sure either, her name is Mrs Barnes and the ext is 5403. please post what you find out
Closed Thread