Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default CVSP Release Procedure- POST HERE

Link to previous thread

Anything to do with release/dress outs, etc from Chuckawalla...goes here.

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 PM

can anyone give me some advice on the process of picking up your loved one from chuckawalla?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Default Release Procedure

I visit at Ironwood but Chuckawalla & Ironwood release from the same area. To the left of the guard shack there is a rock-lined drive. You'll stop at the guard shack, & they will probably check your trunk and ID, then you'll turn immediately to the left and park in the rock-lined dirt area. A white van will drive onto the area and let out inmates who have someone waiting to pick them up. I think you need to be there around 7:30. Maybe someone else has a better idea on the time.

Congratualtions on your loved one being released. I've been waiting in the carline on weenends and have seen the procedure... what a joyous time!
California_Mom
Old 05-29-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Mom View Post
I visit at Ironwood but Chuckawalla & Ironwood release from the same area. To the left of the guard shack there is a rock-lined drive. You'll stop at the guard shack, & they will probably check your trunk and ID, then you'll turn immediately to the left and park in the rock-lined dirt area. A white van will drive onto the area and let out inmates who have someone waiting to pick them up. I think you need to be there around 7:30. Maybe someone else has a better idea on the time.

Congratualtions on your loved one being released. I've been waiting in the carline on weenends and have seen the procedure... what a joyous time!
California_Mom

Thank you so much for the info! i still have about 3 weeks to go but gosh im so excited i want to make sure nothing goes wrong

The Following User Says Thank You to peanut09 For This Useful Post:
California_Mom (05-29-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 PM

does anyone know if there is dress code when picking up a L.O. at chuckawalla?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Default Cant make it to pick him up??/now what?

Good morning ladies,
i was not able to be at the prison this morning when my friend was released, (i called yesterday, today is his day) but i checked the greyhound schedule, they leave blythe at 11:15 then stop in indio at 12:55...i am in palm springs, can i meet him in indio? Will they let him off the bus?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:05 AM

Default Bus

Oh no,...is there another bus system that they use???
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM

PTO Folks, the parole procedure for CVSP as of the date of this post is as follows:

You need to arrive to pick up your parolee BY 7:30am...this allows you a little time in case of traffic, etc.

You DO NOT have to wait in the visiting line, pull through to the guard shack and check in the the Officer there. Be sure you have a valid drivers license and no contraband in your vehicle. Tell the Officer who you are picking up. After checking in you will be directed to park in the rock lined area to the left of the guard shack.

Parolees are brought out between 7:45am-8:00am, it is very important that you are not late. If you are not on time to pick up your parolee they will need to get a ride on the desert trans.

Desert trans. picks up the parolees at the same place by the guard shack and drives them to San Bernadino to connect with Greyhound, Metro, etc. Desert trans. will stop at Indio Greyhound for those parolees that need it to.

The procedure is the same for ISP

I hope this clears up any questions or concerns you all may have.

Casual/Observer

Last edited by Casual/Observer; 07-15-2011 at 05:16 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casual/Observer For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (08-03-2011), LdyCapone (09-03-2012), mrs.grumps (07-15-2011), psalm3418 (07-16-2011), twigrat (03-07-2016)
Old 07-15-2011, 06:00 PM

CVSP Dress Out Proceedure:

Dress Outs may be sent in 30 days before your parolee's release date.

You send in dress outs to the same address as if you are sending a letter. You need to have your parolee's name, housing information, etc.

Label the box with "Dress Outs" on the sides so the mail room will forward it to Receiving and Release.

You can send in clothes from home, or order them from approved vendors. Any color of clothing is ok, blue jeans ARE ok.

DO NOT send cell phones, money, tobacco, or any other contraband item.

Standard clothing items for dress outs are:
Shirt
Pants
Belt
Socks
Shoes
A backpack is a nice thing to send especially if they are going to be riding the bus.

Dress Outs will be stored in Receiving and Release and given to your parolee the morning of his release date.

I hope this answers any questions or concerns you may have.

Casual/Observer

Last edited by Casual/Observer; 07-15-2011 at 06:45 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casual/Observer For This Useful Post:
belindav1960 (10-19-2012), Doll Eyes (08-03-2011), LdyCapone (09-03-2012), psalm3418 (07-16-2011), twigrat (03-07-2016)
Old 08-24-2011, 02:30 PM
He's Home!

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,191 Posts

Got a weird question & I am hoping someone can help me. I will be driving with my friend to pick up her hunny in about 8 weeks cause she doesn't have DL & really wants to be there when her hunny is released. My love will be going with us (at that time he will have been released just 2 weeks prior) & I know he will not be allowed on prison grounds so he will be waiting at the hotel for us since we will more than likely arrive the day before my friend is released; will it be ok to have him drive back with us in the same car being that they are both 'parolees'? I dont' want to put anyone is risk, especially my love. They are both close friends of ours & I wanna be able to help them out as best as I can without jepordizing anyone's status.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if there is a # I can call I'd very much appreciate it. I am not to familiar with CVSP & am reading as much as I can.

Thanks again everyone!

"We are the perfect couple, we're just not in the perfect situation." ~ Unknown
Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 PM

Parolees are NOT allowed to ride together. If you happened to be pulled over with the both of them in the car it could result in them being violated on parole. While it is totally your call, that is the risk you would be taking.

I hope this answers your question

Casual/Observer
Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 PM
He's Home!

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual/Observer View Post
Parolees are NOT allowed to ride together. If you happened to be pulled over with the both of them in the car it could result in them being violated on parole. While it is totally your call, that is the risk you would be taking.

I hope this answers your question

Casual/Observer
Thank u! Not a risk I'm willing to take! Thanks again!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 PM

Are inmates only released on weekends? If Not, what is the procedure for picking up a loved one during the week? Is it still the same?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 PM

Question Gate Money

Is gate money given in the form of cash or check? And is it given to the inmate upon release or when he reports to his parole officer?

Closed Thread