Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 PM
LovinMyManTilTheEnd!.

Default Little Sandy Correctional Complex!?

Does anyone have anyone at this facility? My fiance just now got transfered there today and I am stressing out trying to figure out what this facility is like? So if anyone knws then please let respond..

Some questions that I have are:

How are visits?are they very strict with them? How long are they?
Is it overall a pretty decent place? I sure hope so! Thank you so much!.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 04:18 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,769 Times in 16,030 Posts

My Mr says that they'll issue a write-up at the drop of a hat for little things like not having your bed made by 8 a.m. All in all, he's doing well there though....at least he can smoke there The visits suck: One kiss and hug at the beginning and end of the visit (no open mouth kissing, just a smooch) NO hand holding at all during the visit, only two people of the vending mahines at a time and they don't sell coffee, just cold drinks....and I don't remember seeing a micowave (we wouldn't use it anyway). Here is the link to Little Sandy's DOC page Hello & welcome to PTO & the Kentucky forum!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM

They actually do have a microwave (in fact 2 I think). They have 3 machines that sell sandwhiches etc that you can heat up. I drive in from Louisville..so it's a fairly far drive. I have been up 4 or 5 times...they are never very crowded. I usually get there early in the morning and they always let us visit as long as we want. (sometimes 3-4 hours) However the 2 times I've gotten there later in the day around 1 or so...at 3:15 the visit is over. Period. Patch is right about the hand holding/kissing. My man tells me they get more money for each prisoner in Solitary so yes they will write you up in a minute, and give you a long time in the hole cause it's more money for them. It takes them several weeks to get them signed back up and in their programs or classes. They do not allow outside vendors at all (such as amazon...according to the person who answered the phone, you put money on their books and they order the books). The guards have all seemed Ok to me...there is this one female guard who I call little Mary Sunshine cause if she smiled her eff'ing face would crack. The only "reprimand" I have ever gotten was because I had one hand laying in my lap. I was told to keep them on the table. That was all. All in All not all that bad...Except they are the buckle in the bible belt, and in a dry county so they do not appreciate bad language, and seem a bit gospelish. But that my just be my perception. Anyhow...If you have any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them (as will Patch too).
T

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foolsjourney For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-10-2011), Tuturrific (05-19-2014)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
LovinMyManTilTheEnd!.

Thank you both SOOOO much I really appreciate it and it has helped me....Wow! I cant believe that they are THAT strict about the visits and everythng. Yeah my guy toldme that they would put yu in the hole just about over anything. I cant believe they are that strict so yall have a guy there too? that's awesom!e Let me knw more if yu can!.

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

My Mr has been there since the end of July....but I've only been able to visit one time. Its just to far and we're afraid that old truck won't make the trip (well, that and I'm broke ) If you want to see what it looks like, click on the link I left in the post above ^^^

EDIT: They don't have a day room there and I found that odd. But they do have TV's on the wall in main area.....only thing with that is that My Mr said they keep the sound down and he can't hear it. You can see the TV's in this pic(well, you can see one...I wonder if thawt's all they have?):

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 01-11-2011 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: add comment and photo
Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 PM

B told me that you gotta get headsets to listen to the tv's and where he's at he can lay down and listen to the tv. They were like 30 bucks...which is kinda insane cause they just pick up a signal and don't have anything other than a receiver. Anyhow! The canteen is just about the same as anywhere...prices are ridiculous like at a thorntons or speedway...hmm..not much else I can think of off hand but I'll come back and add to this if I think of something.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:16 PM

I have absolutely no clue what I am doing. This is my first post. My son was just transferred there and he is about 6 hours away from us now. I am raising his special needs son which he and I have joint custody of. Do you know if they will make any exceptions about visitation rules of no touching with a Doctors note and medical diagnosis for a child who is 7 years old but doesn't comprehend like a normal child that he can not touch his daddy? He and his dad are very close and I just do not see him being able to keep his hands where you tell him. He must be told over and over many times and still doesn't understand sometimes.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:42 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Awwww...I don't know if they'll make exceptions for a child or not. You may want to either call them (keep records of date/time/who you talked to) or write the Warden and include copies of child's medical diagnosis and expectations. This is an older thread....I hope things have changed at LSCC.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-20-2014, 04:02 PM

Thank You so much for your suggestions patchouli . I suppose I will figure this out how this site and how this prison stuff works eventually. This is my first and only experience with such. And it has been very difficult for me to have my son incarcerated. I am basically a very strong person. But lets just say I spend a lot of nights in tears and on my knees. Do you know of anything else I should know?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:24 AM

I have a guy at Little Sandy. It's the newest facility in the state of KY, so pretty modern. DJ says it's cleaner than other places he's been at and they get more yard time than at any other place. It's considered a 'privileged facility'. They also offer HEAPS of classes there. He stays out of the TV room though, 'cause he's says that's where the trouble is. Maybe that's the case everywhere..but from my research, I reckon the guys can do a LOT worse than LSCC!
The Following User Says Thank You to tabbycat007 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-09-2018)