Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Unhappy Intro--carolina.girl from South Carolina

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I live in S.Carolina. My boyfriend was sentenced over a month ago to 9 months in Tennessee Jail on his first offense of aggravated assault plus probation time. I am so confused and would like some guidance. Everyone I talk to say this was a steep sentence for his first offense. He has talked to his case worker about early release and asked her to be straight up with him. She told him to get his GED and after 90 days do a petition. He took test to get in GED program, passed it; took pre-GED, passed it and has took his GED and gets the results this week. He has also signed up for pre-release program and anger management. Talked with his lawyer and he isn't really giving me any helpful information in this matter....he says case worker just says that to keep inmates happy. To contact him after he takes anger management. My boyfriend doesn't have an anger issue he was just asked to come over and protect a family member and he was the only one who got arrested. When you get in the middle of an altercation between two people you can predict what's gonna happen but the judge informed him he should of had everything under control in 15 mins.

Also his place of employment is holding his job for him so that should tell you something about his character.

Last edited by carolina.girl; 09-24-2011 at 08:37 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,747 Times in 1,743 Posts

Hi hon, to PTO. I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. It sounds like a frustrating situation. I don't know anything about the Tennessee jails or prisons, but if you go to the Tennessee forum, you'll find people who do. You may not agree with their assertion that your bf has an anger problem, but I think that's something he's not going to be able to get out of. Once the DOC or the courts say the inmate needs a certain class or treatment, he simply has to do it. If he was convicted of an assault charge, it makes sense they would want him to take anger management classes. I have to look at things objectively all the time, because my guy was convicted of something he didn't even do. But he was convicted, so he has to do whatever they say he has to do. It stinks. It's not right. But it's just the way it is. Hang in there, hon.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:52 PM

Hi , I AM NEW TOO...A MOM....I AM IN OHIO...SO I AM LOOKING FOR OHIO HELP???? GOOD LUCK
Old 09-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the advice. He actually wasn't informed by the courts to take any classes or treatment. His lawyer suggested the anger management class because it might help him get an early release. His case worker said that getting your GED is like gold in jail and it would help to have if he does a petition after 90 days and to not get any write ups. So he's staying pretty much to himself just reading, studying and working out. Could he come up for parole even though he got sentence to 9 months?
Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,562 Posts

Welcome to PTO, glad to have you join us. Sorry to hear about what happen to your boyfriend. Before you know your love will be back home in your arms. Until then this is an awesome community full of helpful and supportive people. Hope to see you around the forums.