Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Packer Fan

Default WI mini introductions--get to know your neighbors

I got this idea from another Forum Leader. So here it goes:
My name is Wendy I'm married to an inmate at Waupun Correctional Institution. He has been gone for a year and a half. We have been married going on 4 years. We share a daughter and I have 2 boys from before him. I work in an alzheimers home. I live in Fond du Lac.

So tell me a little about you.

Update: I am no longer with my ex who is still in Waupun Correctional. I no longer live in Fond du Lac.

Last edited by Wenny; 06-23-2005 at 12:31 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2004, 10:05 AM
We are Family!

I live 900 miles away. My man was just moved to WSPF (sigh). We hope he will be there 2 years or less.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

My name is Lisa and I live in Madison, WI. I work in the military insurance industry, and also at a woman's clothing store. I am looking for a third job now; to work on the weekends. My relationship to the prison system is by Trey, who is in Dodge Correctional in Waupun. He has a little over 2 years left, and we have known each other for 6 1/2 years now.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:09 PM

I live in Milwaukee Wi, I currently work in the manufacturing industry making touchscreens. My man is currently in RCI and has been gone a little over 9 months. He still has about another year and a half to go. We have been together for 7 years now and have 2 handsome boys ages 3, and 4. I also have a 10 1/2 year old daughter from a previous relationship.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:05 PM

I'm in Madison, my fiance is in Dodge. I'm working telemarketing for charities and raising my almost 2 year old little boy, waiting for my baby to get out in 21 months so that we can get married and live happily ever after and never go back to our old lifestyle.

MY 5 NECESSITIES OF SURVIVAL UNTIL HE'S HOME:

LOVE
LOYALTY
ENERGY
OPTIMISIM
STRENGTH
Old 04-26-2004, 01:26 PM

My name is Karen, I live in North Prairie WI. North Prairie is just west of Waukesha. My son is from Waukesha but is now in Dodge. If all goes well he should be done with his sentence by October or November. I work as a server at restaurant in Delafield,WI.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:43 AM

i live in another state, and my man is at waupun right now. he's been locked up a long time, and since i've known him has been at whiteville, in tennessee, fox lake, wspf, and waupun. we've been through some rough times together. i'm currently unable to work because of a back injury...workers comp. i have 2 grown children, a daughter 21 and a son 23. i moved in with my elderly father a couple of years ago when his doctor told him he couldn't drive anymore, and couldn't live alone. i'm glad to have found a place where there is info specifically on wisconsin prisons
Old 05-10-2004, 06:13 PM

I am Susie, On April 2nd my brother was sentenced to Life w/o parole he is currently in Dodge, this Friday will be 6 weeks, have heard nothing from him,no letters(he is not much for writing) nor any phone calls. Do you know how long they stay at Dodge and how can I find out where they will go from there. His PD will not give me any info cause as far as they are concerened they are done with him. I am very worried about him, he is not young (55) and this is the first time he has been in this situation. any insight??thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenny
I got this idea from another Forum Leader. So here it goes:
My name is Wendy I'm married to an inmate at Waupun Correctional Institution. He has been gone for a year and a half. We have been married going on 4 years. We share a daughter and I have 2 boys from before him. I work as a nurse's assistant.(trust me not a fun job) I live in Fond du Lac.

So tell me a little about you.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:18 AM

Hi my name is Mariann and I live in Racine, My fiancee was resently moved to New Lisbon Correctional where he maybe for a long time. We are working on getting married soon, we have been apart for a year and ahalf but I go to see him every chance I get. I work at Allsaint Healthcare in Central Processing as a Tech 1 working to go to school to be classified as a Tech2 soon, school starts in late September.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:10 AM

My name is Robin and I live in Appleton. I'm a warehouse cordinator. My husband is at Waupun Correctional. We have 5 children and 2 grandsons. He has been in prison since 1990. If any of you are aware of the DA Scandal in Winnebago County, my husband's case was one of Paulus's high profile cases. Richie's case is now being reviewed by the state for misconduct! Very Good sign that he will be home soon. We have 5 children and 2 grandsons.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Richie-white.bmp (134.4 KB, 79 views)
Old 05-20-2004, 03:55 PM

My name is Amanda and I live in Milwaukee. My man just got home from doing 2 years. He was in Dodge, CCI, JCI, Black River Falls, and then he completed the boot camp program in St. Croix. We're still adjusting to him being home. A lot changed while he was gone, but I always visited as much as they'd let me, and I'm happy to have him back
Old 05-24-2004, 06:39 PM
The BAND-not the team

Hi...my name is Greg and I live in Pewaukee. I have done two seperate terms totalling 25 months at the Federal Camp at Oxford, WI by Portage. I've been out since April of 2003. I work in sales in Milwaukee am divorced and have a 9 year old daughter.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:43 PM

My name is Tanya and I live in Pocatello, Idaho. My love of my life is incarcerated in Fox Lake. Cliff and I just celebrated our 1 yr. anniversary on the 9th of this month. This year has been an accomplishment for the both of us and I would not trade it for the world. I have learned things about myself that I never thought possible. The most important of all is that no matter what, love will prevail and a love that risks nothing, is worth nothing. Just when you think you can go no further, you fight a little harder. In the end it is all worth it.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:12 PM

Smile

Hey everyone

Well, I live in southeastern WI but my fiance is actually in prison in GA. We had just moved here almost 2 years ago. He's been gone a year now and is actually up for parole this month so I hope he will come home to our family in WI soon!! We have a daughter together who is 4 months old, yes I was 2 months pregnant when he had to go back to GA and serve time. I also have a son who will be 4 in October.
I work in the printing industry... wooo hoo! Actually in sales so it's not all that bad.
Just wanted to come in and join my neighbors! I'm the forum leader for GA so I'm around ... alot. LOL Oh and did i say... Wenny rocks!

Last edited by strongernow; 05-25-2004 at 09:14 PM..
Old 06-06-2004, 09:51 PM

Red face Hi all

Hi there... My name is Carol and my brother is currently at Oskosh Correctional Facility. He's due to be released in April 2005. I live in the upper peninsula of Mich. so dont get to see him as much as I'd like to. Im new to this forum and just trying to figure out where I fit... My brother is interested in information on Interstate compact material because he wants to come to Mich. where all his family is when he is released. So, if anyone has any tips for me, I'd be greatful.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Jean

Hello, My name is Fay and I live in the center of Wisconsin. I have a son doing 6 more years in Waupun. He is innocent, How do I know? I was there, he was on paper yet so he was IT! The atty says its done everyday. The prisons are full of guys rail roaded because they were still on paper. Real justice, huh?
Old 06-21-2004, 09:40 PM

HI ALL, my name is Mary I live in Milwaukee, myb/f is serving 2yrs 10 months at Oshkosh. He will finally be released in September. He had 5 dui's which is a felony in WI. he has lost so much due to his drinking, and feels he has lost everthing, he is resentful, confused, and is very worried about his 2 yr probation when he is released.He has Hep-c which is in remission now. I and he is worried that our relationship may not work when he is released. he has alot of resentment toward my 22 yr old son to, b/c the 5th dui was called in by my son, and that one sent him to prison on a felony dui. i am hoping when out some of his resentments go away, i waited through out this ordeal and really would like to give it a chance.. hopefully without the alcohol, which would kill him..... good luck to all
Old 06-21-2004, 10:00 PM

Hi Mary,
Welcome to PTO you have come to the right place for support. My son is in Kettle Moraine and I know what you are saying about being resentful and confused. My son is the same way. He has his good days and his bad days. All we can to is pray that some good will come out of all this. Good luck to you and stay with PTO it will help you get through the hard times. Karen
Old 06-26-2004, 04:55 PM

Hi everyone my name is Natalie and my fiance' is currently at the Wisconsin Resource Center in Winnebago. He was transfered there from Waupun Correctional. I am very happy to meet others from the area, to know i am not alone. He has 4 years left to go and there will never be a day that goes by where i do not think of him, for he is always with me. We are in the process of moving forward with our marriage, which we are both very very excited about. I look forward to hearing all about everyone.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Closed

Just call me Missy. My man is in Waupun Correctional, has been in for awhile and not sure how much longer we'll be waiting for his release.
He's sitting on dead time, done with all his programming needs, denied parole. So we're holding out for a grant and release within the next 2-3 years. But I won't hold my breath.
Hope to be transferred to a medium this fall. Cross our fingers.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:40 AM
Missing my Soulmate...

I'm Yvette.. I just moved from Milwaukee to Florida..Jaye is currently at MSDF just starting a sentence anywhere from 13 to 24 months, depending on this PO because he was on paper when he got this new case. It's hard because we are so far apart now, but when he caught the new case we were already preparing to move....oh well. We are still very close and he will be moving here when he's released.

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2005&month=9&day=21&offset=-4"></SCRIPT> Days... til my heart becomes whole!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 07-07-2004, 01:58 PM

Hi, this is a nice idea. My name is Andie, and my boyfriend is in Waupun. He has been locked up for 8 years, but we split up for awhile and have just gotten back together. I am in law school and live in Madison. It's nice to "meet" you all; this is my first time in the forum.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Eagles fan

Hi my name is Tim, and I am a friend of Wenny's. Just wanted to say hello to you here and tell you I cant thankl you enough for making me aware of this site. This is something that iI needed for 9 plus years, and finally have a place to express my personal experiences which may lead to others finding what they are seeking. So thank You Wenny Hugs, Tim
Old 07-23-2004, 01:43 AM
The Phoenixx Rises

My name is Caryn. I live in Madison and my boyfriend is currently in Oakhill in Oregon but will be moved anyday now to Thompson in Deerfeild. This is his second time down since we hooked up in 2000. He has about a year left and the nightmare will be over.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:33 AM

Hi Everyone. I live in Monroe and work in accounting. My boyfriend is in Terre Haute, IN at the federal prison camp there. This is his first time in at age 54 and he has about a year and a half to serve. Time can't pass fast enough.