Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Default Need More Info on Wyoming Correctional Facility in New York

Not sure if i posted this in the right place, having so much trouble figuring things out on this site. I need more info on the visitation for wyoming correctional facility in new york.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,377 Times in 3,006 Posts

Wyoming is in the Wende Hub so moved this there. Have you read the sticky post on Wyoming? Lots of information there.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2girlz View Post
Not sure if i posted this in the right place, having so much trouble figuring things out on this site. I need more info on the visitation for wyoming correctional facility in new york.
Hi ... I travel there frequently. It is easy to find, take the thru way to exit 48, follow signs for 98 South, from thru way to the facility is about 13 miles. Vending machines are affordable ($5 for a 1/4 chicken meal to 75 cents for soda and chips).

Usually takes me about a tank of gas round trip, give or take and depending on how my car is acting.

Visit room is pretty big, there are two a main room and over flow, they are also building a new room as well not sure when that will be open.

When you arrive, you'll go to the visit reception house (located away from the facility) fill out your visitor forms and wait to be called in to be processed for visit.

You will have to walk across the parking lot to the administration building, here is where you'll bring your package and go through security. No metal on anything. If bringing small children or babies, there are specific rules for what you can/can not bring in. I'd call the facility on that information.

Once through the security and metal detector you'll go through the gates and on to the visit room.

Hand the officer at the big desk your visit slip and he'll assign a table for you, your man will have to face the desk. There are high chairs available if you need them. They usually have families in the back of the room near the toy area. Just depends on how early you get into the visit room.

Your man can not go to the vending machines, so he'll have to let you know what he wants or if you know what he likes you can get the stuff and bring it back to the table.

You do sometimes have a long wait once you are in the visit room till your man gets there, its a big facility and depending on which building he is in, be patient.

I usually get a cup of coffee (50 cents) and a danish (75 cents) for him when he gets there, then chips and snack stuff and a lunch item.

They do also take pictures but we've not taken any so I'm not sure how much they are.

Officers are usually pretty friendly and if your visit gets terminated are usually apologetic (usually).

Not sure what else I can offer .....

Old 01-12-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFAV4EVER View Post
Hi ... I travel there frequently. It is easy to find, take the thru way to exit 48, follow signs for 98 South, from thru way to the facility is about 13 miles. Vending machines are affordable ($5 for a 1/4 chicken meal to 75 cents for soda and chips).

Usually takes me about a tank of gas round trip, give or take and depending on how my car is acting.

Visit room is pretty big, there are two a main room and over flow, they are also building a new room as well not sure when that will be open.

When you arrive, you'll go to the visit reception house (located away from the facility) fill out your visitor forms and wait to be called in to be processed for visit.

You will have to walk across the parking lot to the administration building, here is where you'll bring your package and go through security. No metal on anything. If bringing small children or babies, there are specific rules for what you can/can not bring in. I'd call the facility on that information.

Once through the security and metal detector you'll go through the gates and on to the visit room.

Hand the officer at the big desk your visit slip and he'll assign a table for you, your man will have to face the desk. There are high chairs available if you need them. They usually have families in the back of the room near the toy area. Just depends on how early you get into the visit room.

Your man can not go to the vending machines, so he'll have to let you know what he wants or if you know what he likes you can get the stuff and bring it back to the table.

You do sometimes have a long wait once you are in the visit room till your man gets there, its a big facility and depending on which building he is in, be patient.

I usually get a cup of coffee (50 cents) and a danish (75 cents) for him when he gets there, then chips and snack stuff and a lunch item.

They do also take pictures but we've not taken any so I'm not sure how much they are.

Officers are usually pretty friendly and if your visit gets terminated are usually apologetic (usually).

Not sure what else I can offer .....
Hi will u be going up this weekend? I am willing to split cost with you. Are you near schenectady or Albany?

**We may not be perfect individuals, but we are perfect for each other**
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Patienly waiting for 2016
Donation Award 

Thanks for posting this info.. my man got transferred there today!

Old 01-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisHeart31 View Post
Thanks for posting this info.. my man got transferred there today!
You're Welcome ... Feel free to PM me with any other questions.