Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Is What He Calls Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBeautiful
3 DAY VISIT at Pbsp... Leaving Thursday morning, July 5th for visiting on the 6th, 7th & 8th...leaving Crescent City returning home on Monday morning 8am... If these departure times fits ur schedule, and u'd like to travel with me, PM me and reserve ur seat early...
God Bless Us ALL!!!
FYI... CHANGE OF PLANS!!!!!

PLEASE DISREGARD THE RETURN HOME DAY as we will be LEAVING Crescent City on Sunday after visit, to arrive back in the LA area Monday morning b4 day...my deepest APOLOGIES for any inconvenience this may have caused...
God Bless us ALL!!!
The JOY of the LORD IS OUR STRENGTH
GOD BLESS US ALL
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Fyi

Four of us just got back from our trip to the Bay. Here are our actual costs from Palmdale:

Rental Car $106
Hotel (1 room, 2 beds for 2 nights) $117
Total on gas $209
Toll on Bay Bridge $5 (one way only)

We totalled this and spilt it all 4 equal ways. If anyone is charging you substantially more than this, (of course, may be more if you are travelling further, our round trip is 1,400 miles) then you may wish to question their motivation.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady View Post
Four of us just got back from our trip to the Bay. Here are our actual costs from Palmdale:

Rental Car $106
Total on gas $209

We totalled this and spilt it all 4 equal ways. If anyone is charging you substantially more than this, (of course, may be more if you are travelling further, our round trip is 1,400 miles) then you may wish to question their motivation.
Who did you go through for the rental and what hotel did you stay at?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:

Rental Car $106
Total on gas $209

Also, what time did you guys leave and get there?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

The rental car was booked thru Budget but using my Costco membership discount, (which is a larger discount than AAA - there's a surprise I know!)

We stayed at America's Best Value Inn, booked via their web site. They give a AAA discount of 15%. If you stay there, ask them for a "Prison Card" - they don't advertise this, but they do have a card that you get stamped every time you stay with them (not every night, but every stay). After 9 stayes you get a night free. Card is at no cost. I like this hotel as Starbucks is the other side of the parking lot so I walk get my coffee and have my morning cig over there every time I stay in Crescent City.

We left Palmdale, our last person to pick up was at 8am. We arrrived in Crescent City approx 8pm. We left Crescent City around 3.15pm - 3.30pm Sunday and dropped our first lady off at her home in Palmdale at 2.30am Monday morning.

Last edited by JavisLady; 06-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Added more info.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
The rental car was booked thru Budget but using my Costco membership discount, (which is a larger discount than AAA - there's a surprise I know!)

We stayed at America's Best Value Inn, booked via their web site. They give a AAA discount of 15%. If you stay there, ask them for a "Prison Card" - they don't advertise this, but they do have a card that you get stamped every time you stay with them (not every night, but every stay). After 9 stayes you get a night free. Card is at no cost. I like this hotel as Starbucks is the other side of the parking lot so I walk get my coffee and have my morning cig over there every time I stay in Crescent City.

We left Palmdale, our last person to pick up was at 8am. We arrrived in Crescent City approx 8pm. We left Crescent City around 3.15pm - 3.30pm Sunday and dropped our first lady off at her home in Palmdale at 2.30am Monday morning.
By the way - when we travel together we stop when ANYONE needs the bathroom, not just my schedule.....(as I hear it's not always that way!) Unbelievable!!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Thinking about a trip July 13th

Hello All,

I'm thinking about taking a trip to the Bay July 13th - 15th. Just wondering is anyone would like to carpool?? (I've opted NOT to go on the 3-day visit the weekend before as it gets too crowded and for SHU visits you don't really get any extra time (3 x 1 hour visit vs. 2 x 1.5 hr visit = same amount of time)

The costs for this trip are as follows:

Car Rental $106
Hotel $196 (This is much higher than normal, but the cheapest I could find)
Gas $200

If there are 4 of us that would be $125.00 each.

I'd love to go but would need to share the costs. Please let me know.
I leave Palmdale between 6am & 8am Friday morning, returning from PB after the last visit for any ladies who come with me.

Best wishes to us all!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 AM

Default carpool

Hello Ladies I will be going to the bay this friday 6/15 and visiting 6/16 and 6/17. I will be leaving the Los Angles area friday 6/15 around 5:30 am so i can get all the day light going to crescent city. I should get there around 5:30 pm. I will be going back to the los Angeles area after visiting is over and would arrive around 3:30 am. if you are interested please inbox me and let me know so i can make the arrangments ahead of time.

Thank you and God bless.

Last edited by Mrs.graves50; 06-10-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM

Default rideshare to pelican bay state prison

hi my hubby got moved to pelican bay state prison from folsom does anyone go there from sacramento that i can share the cost of going there with i cant drive there by my self i have a brain tumor if any one can help please let me know thank u
Old 06-21-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBeautiful View Post
Headed to the bay on Friday, June 15th for visiting and back again on Thursday, July 5th...for more information or to reserve ur seats now for either date, call, text or PM me... Have continuous blessed day's... Good bless us ALL!!!
if i can find any one i will pay my share plus i have a new car we could drive there im just not able to drive i am new to this and dont know how it works i want to try and go twice a month so can any one that can help please let me know thank u
Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBeautiful View Post
FYI... CHANGE OF PLANS!!!!!

PLEASE DISREGARD THE RETURN HOME DAY as we will be LEAVING Crescent City on Sunday after visit, to arrive back in the LA area Monday morning b4 day...my deepest APOLOGIES for any inconvenience this may have caused...
God Bless us ALL!!!
hi i know u dont know me my name is dulce my husband got moved to the bay can i car pool for the three day weekend that ur going if so can u get ahold of me please thank u have a good night
Old 07-04-2012, 02:23 PM

hello Im a mature person to im 39yrs old and my fiance just was transfered to PB. this will be my first trip there. I am interested in going with you on 8/31. here is my email address (removed email addrees per PTO policy) I live in temecula, ca

thank you, Lily

Last edited by traviesita; 07-30-2012 at 12:52 PM..
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 PM

Hi guys. This is Anum. I live in Riverside County, CA. I am driving to Pelican Bay for the weekend of July 14/15. Leaving Friday Morning and Coming back Monday after visit. If you would like to carpool with me. Please get in contact with me. I have four seats available.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:24 AM
G'z Sweetstuff

I am just clarifying your post, are you leaving Sunday after the visit, or leaving early on Monday?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 AM

Default Leaving Sunday after visit

Leaving Sunday after visit
Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Is What He Calls Me

Headed back to the bay on Friday, July 27th for visiting on the 28th and 29th, returning home Sunday after visit. If ur interested in traveling with us, PM me for more details... God bless us ALL!!!
GOD BLESS US ALL
The Following User Says Thank You to MsBeautiful For This Useful Post:
Miss Tay (07-17-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

I will be in Crescent City Friday the 27th and departing Mon 30th if anyone would like to share a room. There is a slight chance I may not make Friday night..... Please PM me.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Is What He Calls Me

It's about that time again!! Headed back to the bay in 11 days, August 17th for visiting on the 18th & 19th...if interested, PM me for details, God bless us ALL!!!
GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Just be careful

I'd just like to put a word of caution out there, to anyone new.

If you carpool with someone you don't know, you may wish to ask them if they are doing this "for profit" or just to help others out in the same situation.

I've been hearing a lot of rumblings that certain carpools are arranged for profit, but those getting a ride are not told this. If it's for profit, that's fair enough if everyone is up-front about it. But trying to make out that you're just being helpful and a friend but then being anything but just gives those of us who do not make trips for profit a bad rap.

Personally, I never make a profit. We all just spilt the costs and room space, equally.

I respect all the ladies who travel with me, and I NEVER want anyone on this site to think that I am like some others who are in this for their own personal gain.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

I do not know of anyone who is not having a financial struggle... the profit thing is just bad karma... and in the end people doing this are creating a financial burden by less trips to see their loved one's. This last trip, I car camped, slept in my car but could have set up a tent. It was @23 a day and included a shower house. Not the most ideal. I snacked out of the ice chest and ate in town and really saved money! Being able to leave Monday Morning, relaxed, enjoying the coast made a beautiful trip. Also word of caution, some time ago there was a van that was making a run and it was for profit. You need a license/permit to have that vehicle on property, that service ended...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desertmoonwoman For This Useful Post:
JavisLady (08-17-2012), maritorres (08-17-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Last minute space on car pool to the Bay

Hello Ladies,

One of our ladies had to pull out of our car pool for our trip up to the Bay this weekend. If you are interested in going this weekend, leaving Palmdale at 7am Friday 8/24, please message me.

We return on Sunday after visiting is over around 3pm.

Your cost from Palmdale would be $125.00 which includes car, gas and hotel room. There are 3 other ladies going on this trip.

Last edited by JavisLady; 08-21-2012 at 10:39 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 04:47 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

Quote:
Hello Ladies,

One of our ladies had to pull out of our car pool for our trip up to the Bay this weekend. If you are interested in going this weekend, leaving Palmdale at 7am Friday 8/24, please message me.

We return on Sunday after visiting is over around 3pm.

Your cost from Palmdale would be $125.00 which includes car, gas and hotel room. There are 3 other ladies going on this trip.
Now that is a deal!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to desertmoonwoman For This Useful Post:
traviesita (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Is What He Calls Me

Headed to the bay for visiting...leaving Friday, September 7th returning after visit on Sunday!!!
THANKS to ALL my laddies for bein AWESOME, it's ur smiles and excitement that makes me feel blessed!!! God bless us ALL!!!
GOD BLESS US ALL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsBeautiful For This Useful Post:
maritorres (08-25-2012), traviesita (08-23-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 PM

Going up to the bay this weekend coming up
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Is What He Calls Me

Pelican bay here we cum!!! Headed up north on Friday, September 28th for visiting on the 29th & 30 th... Yayyyyyyy!!! it's about that time...
God bless us ALL!!
GOD BLESS US ALL