Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:17 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default IFC/Questions/Information and Issues

This is a thread for matters that you wish your ICF Rep to address in the monthly meetings with the warden.

If you do not get a response from the Rep please go directly to the IFC website:

CA-IFC Page

Last edited by traviesita; 12-29-2011 at 10:23 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (12-23-2011), Faith&Love77 (02-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM

Where can I get a citizens complaint form ? I asked for one today and the prison staff told me they do not have these forms ? Is this true? The other staff told me I needed to ask the officers in the front for the form when I asked they said they do not have any forms
Old 09-06-2012, 05:22 PM
17 Yrs"Thru Thick & Thin"

Default Is there ANY IFC REPS 4 Centinela???

Does ANYBODY know who the IFC reps are for Centinela or if we even have any ...The Prison doesn't even seem to know Ish...Any info appreciated...
Old 10-16-2012, 09:28 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default Attn: Centinela families!

If you are not presently on and IFC (Inmate Family Council, mandated by be in operation at each prison but currently not the case) please consider coming to learn how to be more effective as an IFC member or how to get one going at your institution.

IFC's Life Support Alliance invited you to
IFC Workshop 2012

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 from 6:00 PM
to Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
WHERE:
Fresno- Unitarian Church
2672 E. Alluvial Ave. (between Willow and Chestnut)
Clovis CA 93611
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Young'z ♥ For Eternity ♥

Does Centinela have a IFC?

The Dream That At First Seems Impossible Is The Only Dream That Survives!!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young'z_Ladii View Post
Does Centinela have a IFC?
When I spoke to the PIO at Cent in Oct they didn't have an active IFC only because no one had applied,and the last IFC members that Cent did have,had all left,(according to the PIO.) He did say that "ANYONE" who was interested in being part of an IFC for Cent could get an application from visiting and submit it...I,myself had planned on submitting an application,but being that Cent is "SUPPOSEDLY" being in the process of transforming into an all Level 3 prison,and "SUPPOSE" to transfer the Level 4's out,it really didn't make much sense for me to bother applying being that my husband is a Level 4...

Personally,I think Cent SHOULD have an IFC...Actually,I think Cent "NEEDS" to have an "Active IFC"...They definitely need some changes...

"Supposedly" there's some women,"REGULARS" supposedly,that are moving mountains to make things happen at Cent ,(like getting Ice Cream machines .)I haven't seen any changes,but I've only been there for 6 months..But quite a few women who have been at Cent for years,and some who have left that had been there for years,told me there hasn't been ANY CHANGES at Cent...

Although,if you have any concerns pertaining to visiting,the Visiting Sgt is Very Nice,Polite,Understanding,and you can address any visiting issues to him...I believe his name is "Sgt.Ramirez"...

BTW...from my own experience,you may want to be careful how you ask questions,or reply to responses around here pertaining to IFC..You wouldn't want "ANYONE" to take your response and twist it ALL UP and just go every which way with it but "THE RIGHT WAY",(Straight up DRAMA.)
Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a WIFE, finds a GOOD THING."

"I'm His GOOD THING" "GOD said it!" and "He KNOWS it" ....
The Following User Says Thank You to S4L For This Useful Post:
Mrs.Rubalcava (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Default To S4L:

S4L:
Mucho Gracias for informacion regard IFC.I have been a viewer here quite some time,but never need sign as user.But on behalf myself,familia and few amigas at Centinela,I want to thank you because we not aware anyone can apply for IFC.My son been here back and forth a few year,this the third time he here and same thing,no change.Me & my daughter in law apply for IFC,and so did 2 of mi amigas,1 on B yard and other just went D yard.We not know we can apply til you say something.We hoping to get select for IFC and help make change.I read somewhere before you first talk about we need IFC and you say you see visit make old lady go change.I think was my abuelita,she 85 yr old.So again mucho graci for informacion.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

S4L!! moving mountains!!lol!!! Thank you for the information and taking out the time to find out about IFC. I would encourage all of you if can and if you are willing please join IFC because you are the voice for the family and inmates well being I believe that I still have the application so I will make a new sticky Thanks Momma!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:32 PM

@ Mrs.Rubalcava...
You are most very welcome ..And thank you,your daughter'N'law,and the other women who applied to become IFC members @ Cent...Good luck to you all

@ pj663...
You are also very welcome "Beautiful Lady" ...Anyway... Idk,I don't know what's going on with the mountains,LOL...Maybe Ice Cream in the Summertime 2013 if not sooner ...Have they switched out the Coffee machines for Ice Cream machines over there yet? I know when we were over there,the C.O's gave surveys out for visitors to fill out asking if we preferred Ice Cream over Coffee,(the Vendor wanted to know the visitors opinion on whether or not to take out the Coffee machines and replace them for Ice Cream...I believe that was "REALLY" the case over here as well in regards to Ice Cream...Aaannnddd...Thank you for "ALL" that you do here on PTO..You are "MUCH" appreciated and "VERY,VERY,HELPFUL." ...David "REALLY" should change your color to "TRUE BLUE"...I also noticed "LeBeau" was active here again too,WOW...
Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a WIFE, finds a GOOD THING."

"I'm His GOOD THING" "GOD said it!" and "He KNOWS it" ....
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Young'z ♥ For Eternity ♥

Thank you for the response, it's appreciated....

The Dream That At First Seems Impossible Is The Only Dream That Survives!!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 PM

Do somebody know if we have some family member who validated,can we still be on IFC? Somebody tell my daughter in law we can not.Any informacion I appreciate.