Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default 2012 CVSP Visiting Question & Info Thread

Here is your thread for 2012 Visiting.

Please do not post any questions about lockdowns, phones or general chit chat. Please keep this thread just for visiting as all other things will be moved to the proper thread.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 10:31 PM

Hi Ladies! My name is Lyn…My husband may be transferring to the LEVEL 2 GENERAL POPULATION YARD, in a couple of weeks… I have a few questions about this facility. Any help is greatly appreciated…

How often do LOCKDOWNS occur in the LEVEL 2 GP YARD?

How often do you ladies receive calls from your Loved One’s in a LEVEL 2 GP YARD?
For instance, does your Loved One call once a day or every other day?

How often do you have FAMILY VISITS? (Every 30-45-60-90 days)

Where are the foods ordered for FAMILY VISITS? Are they packaged ordered?

The last location my husband was at, we ordered our food from Albertsons?

THANK U VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE… THIS WILL BE MY FIRST TIME EXPERIENCING A CHANCE OF FACILITY, SO I AM PRETTY NERVOUS W/ HAVING TO LEARN EVERYTHING AGAIN.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 PM

he hasnt been there very long but the lock downs are minimal and as far as the phone goes its pretty open from 7am to 11pm. I have no other answers but would to find out about family visits as well. We will be getting married VERY soon =))
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 AM

Default Transferring to Chuckawalla

I just got a call from my boyfriend and he told me that he is going to be transferring to Chuckawalla within the next 30 days. I am NOT thrilled about this at all but can anyone tell me what the visits are like out there or how the process there works? He's at Norco now and I've been going there since he got transferred there from reception at Donovan so I know how their visits work like the back of my hand and I've met a lot of great people going there so much because it's pretty close to San Diego...Chuckawalla, not so much. Anyways...any advice or information on this fabulous place in the middle of NOTHING would be greatly appreciated. (Sorry that's my irritated attitude coming into play! Lol!)
Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 PM

Default Visiting my boyfriend in Chuckwalla what's to be expected?

He's allowed contact visits but I'm not sure of what to expect because this is my first time visiting him. I just want to be prepared for it.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

You might want to visit the Chuckawalla forum. You will find lot's of useful information there.

Click here>>Chuckawalla forum

Old 03-11-2012, 02:35 PM

Default visiting suspension has ended, but how do I get them back?

My husband was caught with a cell phone that unfortunately had some pictures of me on it. So, they suspended our visits for 6 months. I got a letter from the warden saying that in 6 months I could reapply, but that I would have to write a letter asking to please reinstate my visits. I have since misplaced that letter (moved a couple times), so I don't know what my letter to him is supposed to contain, or where I am supposed to mail it all to. Also, my husband took those pics of me from actual hard copy pics he had in his possession already, and he was able to prove that. So, am I supposed to apologize for something, or admit guilt of knowing about the phone and say sorry, it won't happen again.? Or am i supposed to say I didn't know about the phone, here is proof that i didn't send him those pics? I don't know to to proceed, cause I really want my visits back and I'm afraid if I say the wrong thing they will deny us.

Anyone know what I should say to the warden, and more importantly where i should send the letter and visiting form?? Any info would help.

Also, is Mrs Crandall still in charge of visiting? And if so, does anyone have her phone Number??
I have loved you all along
And I miss you Been far away for far too long

Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 AM

Just simply ask may I be reinstated for visits! Don't add any extra detail, it is unnecessary, and will only make you look bad and that's not going to help.....

You can always call into the prison and ask what you need to send to be reinstated, such as ID, new form, or what not! Keep the details to a minimum!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 AM

yes Ms. Crandall is still in charge and her number is 760-922-5300 Ex 5400
Old 03-13-2012, 01:05 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

The most that they can do to your husband is take his phone away and give him a 115. Even though the pictures are of you they have no solid proof that you sent them. A cell phone is barley a contraband in prison no rules are set in place for cell phones at this time. They had no busniess taking your visits away. It would be diffrent if you went to visit your boyfriend and they have reason to suspect that you were bring something in and they checked your car, found your cell phone and seen maybe pictures of him in his cell. However if he had pictures of you no rules were violated not even a penal code violation. I would fight that if I were you. I can see them punishing him to maybe non-contact visits but suspending visits all together? Not.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM

I'm a little worried I'm driving 6 hours to visit my boyfriend and Im just wandering if their is anything I should do like call the prison before I drive all that way. He's not in ad- seg or anything so any recommendations this is my very first time and I don't want to make any mistakes.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 AM

Most important things: Remember your ID, remember to bring his CDC number... and most importantly... BRING SEVERAL CHANGES OF CLOTHES. Avoid greens, oranges, and blues of any hue. Shirts have to have sleeves (I believe 2 inches at least.) Keep in mind they want you to dress like an old lady, or a choir girl. No tight clothing, no cleavage, etc. Also, sometimes they let you layer (like a tank under a tee shirt, or whatever), but the past couple of times I visited, they said no... so I would avoid it, just to be safe. Some of the guards are cool, others are jerks that seem to enjoy making our lives miserable. And if they have it in for you for any reason, they will go and make you change, sometimes several times. (If they tell you no on something you are wearing, just say ok, and go change. The more you fuss with them, or argue, the more you are pretty much guaranteeing that you are going to have to change again and again, and that is more time you are not with your man.) Also, make sure that you bring dollars and quarters. (I usually do half and half, cause sometimes the machines in the visiting room won't take one or the other, and trust me, I have been stuck with a bunch of money we couldn't even use at all, and it sucked.) And, if you want pictures, make sure to ask for them while you are being searched. They are $2 each, and if you don't get them then, you are out of luck. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info. OH.. almost forgot... very important.. NO UNDERWIRE BRA! And try to wear a bra that doesn't have too many hooks or any metal on the straps either. It will set off the metal detector, and they can get fussy and not let you in. If you have underwire on, they will not allow that at all, and either you will have to cut the wires out, or go and change your bra. (You have to wear a bra, they won't let you in without one. I wear a bra that has no wires, and very little metal on it.. but I always bring a sports bra just in case.) Have a fantastic time!!! (Try to get there early, the tables inside fill up fast, and then you have to either sit at a chair against the wall, or outside.)

Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
The most that they can do to your husband is take his phone away and give him a 115. Even though the pictures are of you they have no solid proof that you sent them. A cell phone is barley a contraband in prison no rules are set in place for cell phones at this time. They had no busniess taking your visits away. It would be diffrent if you went to visit your boyfriend and they have reason to suspect that you were bring something in and they checked your car, found your cell phone and seen maybe pictures of him in his cell. However if he had pictures of you no rules were violated not even a penal code violation. I would fight that if I were you. I can see them punishing him to maybe non-contact visits but suspending visits all together? Not.
Unfortunately, they gave him 60 days in the SHU, and they cancelled our visits for 6 months. I thought about fighting it then... but I was moving out of state, and knew that it would be a while before I could visit again anyway, so I just decided no to "rock the boat" so to speak. Our six months is over now, and I am now "eligible" to re-apply, but I apparently have to write a letter to go with my application. I lost the letter I got from the warden, so I cannot remember where I need to send it, or what I am supposed to include in the letter...

Old 03-16-2012, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD'sGirl View Post
yes Ms. Crandall is still in charge and her number is 760-922-5300 Ex 5400
Are you certain this is her extension? When I called it, I got a voicemail that had a mans voice, and it said it was the extension for two officers, neither of them Crandall......

Does anyone have her email address??? I had it once upon a time ago, but my computer crashed, and I lost all of my addresses...

Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 PM

well it was the last time I called..but just call the prison and ask for her they will transfer you. I do not have her email sorry.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:32 PM

are the visits by appointment or do you just show up??
Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 PM

My son just got transferred to Chuckawalla...did you find out how visits work there? I hate having to start over trying to figure things out. Please let me know if you know if visits are by appointment or you just show up..thanks liz
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 PM
No Puedo Mas Sin Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by obliz53 View Post
My son just got transferred to Chuckawalla...did you find out how visits work there? I hate having to start over trying to figure things out. Please let me know if you know if visits are by appointment or you just show up..thanks liz
You do not have to have an appointment
Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM

Can they get visits the day before release?

Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Hi Ladies, my husband was just moved to Chuckawalla from Donovan. I'm just wondering what time do you guys get in the car line? What time do the gates open/ visiting starts?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:59 PM
No Puedo Mas Sin Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCsWife View Post
Hi Ladies, my husband was just moved to Chuckawalla from Donovan. I'm just wondering what time do you guys get in the car line? What time do the gates open/ visiting starts?
I get there about 715-30 (usually about 15-20 cars ahead of me) - the car line will start moving at 745, to where they will check your ID and trunk. You will be allowed in the processing building at 8.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM

Thanks Doll Eyes! I have another question for you ladies, about food at visits. How does it work? How much do typically spend?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:58 PM

I usually spend abt $25 to $30 dollars that includes picture duckets for $2...I plan on going up from San Diego this weekend too

Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM
His Reason.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCsWife View Post
Thanks Doll Eyes! I have another question for you ladies, about food at visits. How does it work? How much do typically spend?
Depends what yard, f yard might not have anything... But generally 25 -35.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm going for my first contact visit this weekend and I'm a nervous wreck! I haven't touched my hubby in 7 months do to him being in reception! Any other tips you girls think I would need to know before I go?

Closed Thread