Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 AM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default 2012 CEN Marriage Q & A Thread

Hi Everyone,
It is our goal to make it easier and more efficient for our members to be able to find the answers they need in a more organized way.

Please do the best you can to find the most appropriate thread for your question.....This one is for "Marriage" questions and answers.

Best wishes for a Wonderful New Year!

Link to 2011

Last edited by traviesita; 01-18-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 09:00 PM
lizr<3

so has anyone gotten a date to get married??
The Following User Says Thank You to lizru9 For This Useful Post:
Faith&Love77 (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 PM

Doe anyone know if marriages are taking place now, they were on hold for a minute because they didn't have a priest/pastor. Also, my love told me the price recently went up & it's over $300 when I guess before it was a Lil over $100

Pooh Bear's Baby Bunny

Devoted & Truly In Love With Him,

His Love, Peace, Hope & Faith <3
Old 02-03-2012, 11:21 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizru9 View Post
so has anyone gotten a date to get married??
I want to know too because I want to hear that there in process so mine can be too!

Pooh Bear's Baby Bunny

Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Banned

At Calipatria dates from what I have been told,not too sure but dates have NOT veen given out yet. I recently got my marriage packet last week, it'll be 1 year exactly on Valentines Day that my wedding was cancelled,it was scheduled for February 19th so it's been a LONG time coming. It does cost more than it did before because we have to find our own person to marry us and they have to do the hole shabang we aren't allowed to go and get the licenses and all that from what I'm told,the day before the weddings my solemnizer has me and a group of girls going and he will be coming with us,and we'll be getting our licenses that day and getting married the next morning :0) From what he told me the fee for marriage license went up to $105, it used to be $85 I believe but double check with the clerks office in imperial! I have to wait til the solemnizer sends me back the form he has to fill out and than I can send back in the rest of my packet... It's a big process now,my babes signature has to be notarized by someone in the prison who does it and than after that mine and my solemnizers sigs have to be notarized too..... SO DIFFICULT COMPARED TO BEFORE :0/ any questions feel free to message me,I'm not an expert but can tell you what I know.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 AM

I recieved my date for Centinela.. The cost did go up in all it is bout 350.00 plus if u want ur certified copies of ur marriage license it is 14.00 a copy also ur fiance also needs to have 10.00 on his books to ha e a ppr notorized... Ken will call u when ur date is up. He is callin in da order u were approved..
Old 02-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirl13 View Post
I recieved my date for Centinela.. The cost did go up in all it is bout 350.00 plus if u want ur certified copies of ur marriage license it is 14.00 a copy also ur fiance also needs to have 10.00 on his books to ha e a ppr notorized... Ken will call u when ur date is up. He is callin in da order u were approved..

Did your notice say that Centinela marriages need to find their own person too? How long have you been waiting?

I turned my papers in in August and got approval in December so i am assuming there are a bunch of couples ahead of us. I am excited they are finally moving forward.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:29 PM

U dont need to find anyone the give u the number to the minister... Je tells u his address and what day to b there... Just be warned it is a wednesday or a thursday... U pay all ur money in cash only... Then that Saturday u get married provided norhin goes wrong at the prison.. Thet habe already done 1 round of marriages on C yard
Old 02-06-2012, 08:30 PM

Coolness so the ball is Rollin!! Woohooooooo thanks once again! *Justagirl13*

Pooh Bear's Baby Bunny

Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
lizr<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirl13
how long have u been waiting?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Ur welcome... Hope everyone get there dates and it all runs smoothly
Old 02-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Ive been waitin forever it seems... My origi.al app is from November 2010... I missed it then I had to reapply and missed Jan date then had the March date and we all no what happened then...
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
D&B forever

so they finally started marriages huh! thank God I got to get married in Nov 2010! but on the 28th (i think) they started marriages again. And now my friend is gonna get married on the 25th! so they are doing marriages closely when before it was every other month.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 PM
lizr<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinghim777
so they finally started marriages huh! thank God I got to get married in Nov 2010! but on the 28th (i think) they started marriages again. And now my friend is gonna get married on the 25th! so they are doing marriages closely when before it was every other month.
do u know when she applied?? im just trying to get an idea of when is my turn, like other girls im excited n cant wait.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:01 PM
D&B forever

i have no idea. ill ask her when i see her

Old 04-30-2012, 12:51 PM
lizr<3

any new updates on the marriage dates or gotten married yet????
Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Good luck to all you ladies! Finally getting started at Calipat.

Last edited by DownersAngel; 04-30-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Old 05-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Has anyone else received a date at Centinela? I called a lil over 2 months ago and was told my name was on the list and they would call in about a month or so. I called today and now I was told they can not give me any timeframe but that it will be MONTHS... I turned my appication in, in August and received approval around November.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned

Disregard my above post after waiting about 10 months I will finally be marrying my love since 4th grade. Im sooo excited!!! Now to find something to wear..
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM
lizr<3

What day are you getting married? I got approved in November too but I applied in October.. :/
Old 06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Banned

Finally we are married

Our process took about 10 months. I applied in Aug. but the applications at that time were being held on to because there was no one to perform the weddings. I received a letter around Oct. saying the application would be going to his counselor and they returned my birth certificate. I then received approval around late November.

We got married this past Sat. The cost was like 383$ because I chose to get (2) certified copies of our marriage license being an original needs to be sent to the prison. and i would need an original to take to social security/dmv etc. You also need to have 10$ on his books for his notaried letter. (being he owes restitution i had to send like 25$) So my cost was a lil over 400$

Title 15 says you are allowed 10 guest but according to the prison you are allowed 5 and then those 5 can switch out so the other 5 can visit. My husband was also told he could only have (1) inmate guest but that day they allowed him to call out the second inmate guest.

The same dress code applies and they are just as strict. By the time i was filling out my visiting sleep the CO had the ruler in her had. I had to change out of my white dress to another dress I had because they said it was short. (it wasnt, it fell within the 2 inches above the knees but at Centinela they are always right) So make sure you ladies take extra clothes. There was 2 other brides that were also sent to change)

Oh and another thing i was not told. You have to mail his ring in. (im working on getting that "how to" info) They let me take my 2 rings in and his but I had to bring his back out. I was told that I needed to go through R&R and mail it.

Good Luck Ladies!!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:05 AM
OG Prison Wifey

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Second of all THANKS for all of the helpful info... I'm sure this will give alot of ladies insight of what to expect if they choose to wed behind bars :-)
Anyways, I jus wanted to give you a little heads up as far as sending the ring is concerned (jus in case they don't tell u)... You HAVE to send the original receipt w/the ring & the ring cannot have cost more than $100. And I dont kno if anything has changed as of lately, but when I sent my husbands ring, it took forevvvvvvvvvver for them to give it to him (over a month) :-/
At any rate, GOOD LUCK girl! Once again, congrats & thanks :-)

Last edited by lilmamasd; 06-27-2012 at 01:06 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to lilmamasd For This Useful Post:
meandmy2gurlz (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 03:28 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmy2gurlz View Post
Finally we are married

Our process took about 10 months. I applied in Aug. but the applications at that time were being held on to because there was no one to perform the weddings. I received a letter around Oct. saying the application would be going to his counselor and they returned my birth certificate. I then received approval around late November.

We got married this past Sat. The cost was like 383$ because I chose to get (2) certified copies of our marriage license being an original needs to be sent to the prison. and i would need an original to take to social security/dmv etc. You also need to have 10$ on his books for his notaried letter. (being he owes restitution i had to send like 25$) So my cost was a lil over 400$

Title 15 says you are allowed 10 guest but according to the prison you are allowed 5 and then those 5 can switch out so the other 5 can visit. My husband was also told he could only have (1) inmate guest but that day they allowed him to call out the second inmate guest.

The same dress code applies and they are just as strict. By the time i was filling out my visiting sleep the CO had the ruler in her had. I had to change out of my white dress to another dress I had because they said it was short. (it wasnt, it fell within the 2 inches above the knees but at Centinela they are always right) So make sure you ladies take extra clothes. There was 2 other brides that were also sent to change)

Oh and another thing i was not told. You have to mail his ring in. (im working on getting that "how to" info) They let me take my 2 rings in and his but I had to bring his back out. I was told that I needed to go through R&R and mail it.

Good Luck Ladies!!
Congratulations! It was a long wait, but one I am sure was worthwhile

I got married July 24, 2010 one of the last ones b4 everything changed. Sgt Waters came to the visiting room & just recorded the ring in some book & hubby got to keep it.

One woman that was getting married was all dressed up in Sunday best, if u know what I mean. She looked so nice, but they said they could see her bra strap & she finally got married in gray sweats!

Anyway, best wishes & I hope much happiness comes your way!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

Thank You Beloved....

Same with me i had to change into a black/brown dress that I had with me. It was not what i wanted but I made the best of it and we had a wonderful day
Old 06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Chiefs Wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved01 View Post
Congratulations! It was a long wait, but one I am sure was worthwhile

I got married July 24, 2010 one of the last ones b4 everything changed. Sgt Waters came to the visiting room & just recorded the ring in some book & hubby got to keep it.

One woman that was getting married was all dressed up in Sunday best, if u know what I mean. She looked so nice, but they said they could see her bra strap & she finally got married in gray sweats!

Anyway, best wishes & I hope much happiness comes your way!
same here I also got married on July 24, 2010 Sgt Waters also came into the visiting room that day and recorded his ring, hubby got to keep his ring the day we got married. its so crazy how much things have change I didnt spend nowhere close to what meandmy2gurlz spent Im so greatful we got married when we did .once again congratz, best wishes and much love to you and yours

Last edited by lydiahansen; 06-28-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Closed Thread