Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Grace View Post
Thank you so much! That was the very first camp in the entire state!

I have not reached out to Centinela yet because there was no need to without the volunteers. But, I don't think it will be a problem. I do have some connections to admin there that I can call in. Bottom line is that I need a volunteer from each yard who are willing to work! These programs take heart PLUS ummmmph! We have a conference call tomo night with our CAL team....8pm. If you gals can come on, we will get you up and rolling.
You are AWESOME!!!!! Thank you for your dedication!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 PM
True Love Waits

Hey Ladies!

Check out MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.COM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Default Trying my hardest not to jump to conclusions and assume things

Im beginning to get very frustrated with him. We, after having trouble in our relation ship decided to work things out with each other and stay together. His usually... every chance he gets call me...... know i am experiencing him not calling for days. So this morning i called up to the prison just to ask if in- fact may be there were on lock down or something. the counselor said NO... everything is fine on this end and he can use the phones every other day and he is just fine. Know im thinking what the heck is really going on???? I don't want to jump to any conclusions but something is just not right...
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Missing Him

I was going thru the same thing. I was assuming things like if he's not calling me, he must be calling other people. And who are they? I know it's not his family because his family doesn't even care and so on. But I asked him one day when we were talking and he told me that he wanted to save the calls for when he really wanted to or needed to talk to me to save money. So now instead of talking every other day, we only talk twice a week. Maybe even once a week sometimes. So maybe you should ask him what's going on.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NayshinsWifey View Post
I was going thru the same thing. I was assuming things like if he's not calling me, he must be calling other people. And who are they? I know it's not his family because his family doesn't even care and so on. But I asked him one day when we were talking and he told me that he wanted to save the calls for when he really wanted to or needed to talk to me to save money. So now instead of talking every other day, we only talk twice a week. Maybe even once a week sometimes. So maybe you should ask him what's going on.

I will ask him for sure however, i think im going to allow him to talk first and see what he has to say before hand.... thank you so much for puting a logical thought to this...
Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,103 Times in 1,724 Posts

Have you checked to make sure your phone is not blocked? I agree with the other poster maybe he is trying to be considerate and not call so much.

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klewis For This Useful Post:
foxchild43 (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM

Im hoping that's the case Klewis... I did check my account on line and did not have a block... so i will go further and call just to make for sure.. thank you very much for the incite to seeing if my phone was blocked... you know when your felling a certain way in your heart.. most times you just don't think things threw... and that's what going on with me at this point....
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klewis View Post
Have you checked to make sure your phone is not blocked? I agree with the other poster maybe he is trying to be considerate and not call so much.

Im hoping that's the case Klewis... I did check my account on line and did not have a block... so i will go further and call just to make for sure.. thank you very much for the incite to seeing if my phone was blocked... you know when your felling a certain way in your heart.. most times you just don't think things threw... and that's what going on with me at this point....
Old 10-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxchild43 View Post

posted twice..ooops..
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klewis View Post

Well, i called and my phone was not blocked, called the prison and everything is ok on that end.... now all i can do is wait to hear from him and what he has to say.... ill update as soon as i can.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
TriCky'sWif33

Ok I found out my answer about those photo studio pics I wanted...my hubby says he beliieves there not doing them because they just had a cookie sale :-(
Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved01 View Post
Hey Ladies!

Check out MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.COM.
I went to see it this weekend in Pasadena, very good!!.... thanks for the post. Also went to see my babe!
The Following User Says Thank You to RedWoman76 For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (10-23-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 05:38 PM

Not sure where to post this..

But I sent my hubby 3 books from amazon about 3 weeks ago? I got a letter today and he still hasn't received them.. he's in the hole.

Anyone have an idea of how long it takes for them to receive books?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDWicker View Post

But I sent my hubby 3 books from amazon about 3 weeks ago? I got a letter today and he still hasn't received them.. he's in the hole.

When was his letter dated? Call R&R @ Centinela & ask them if there was a problem, & if not why he hasn't received them. Things move slower in the Hole
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDWicker View Post

My husband just got out of ad-seg. When he first went in, I called to see what he could have and I was told I couldn't send him books from Amazon because it would be considered a package which was not allowed. I was told he may have up to five from his property already at the prison.

I would call to be sure because they may be just holding on to them since he's in ad-seg.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 PM

Yes it takes forever for them to receive their books in the hole. I went thru same thing with my fiance. I finally called R&R and they located them saying yes they are here, but another month or so before he ever got them.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:15 PM

Default long overdue update

NayshinsWifey and Klewis, i was finally able to talk to my love so that i can get a clear understanding to whats going on with him. He has been so stressed out from not being able to talk to me in the way that hes been used to that he was a bit down. He shared that i really don't understand how messed up prison really is. one day you can use the phone and the next they are on no movement. then went on to share that when he gets off from work he does not always have the chance to get on the phone.We talked for the little time that we had and he had a chance to call back a second time and I tell ya i fell so much better know... Hes comforting voice and professed loved for me makes me love him even more.(he does thinks i need to calm down a bit)and stop stressing out so easily. I am hoping i can stop allowing my high strung emotions get the best of me and my thinking.... Just wanted to update you on whats going on... thanks lady's..
Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
keep ur head up=)

hello everybody hope everybody is having a great day so my husband will be going to centinela really soon i would really like to meet some friends i can car pool with i will help out with gas and rental let me know=)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxchild43 View Post
NayshinsWifey and Klewis, i was finally able to talk to my love so that i can get a clear understanding to whats going on with him. He has been so stressed out from not being able to talk to me in the way that hes been used to that he was a bit down. He shared that i really don't understand how messed up prison really is. one day you can use the phone and the next they are on no movement. then went on to share that when he gets off from work he does not always have the chance to get on the phone.We talked for the little time that we had and he had a chance to call back a second time and I tell ya i fell so much better know... Hes comforting voice and professed loved for me makes me love him even more.(he does thinks i need to calm down a bit)and stop stressing out so easily. I am hoping i can stop allowing my high strung emotions get the best of me and my thinking.... Just wanted to update you on whats going on... thanks lady's..

its hard not to overreact but the only thing that helps me is that i keep myself very very busy
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Young'z ♥ For Eternity ♥

Hello ladies, my husband is pending being transferred to this prison, so im hoping that some of you can enlighten me on the run down here... Visits (pointers),phone calls, mail (what you can or can not send, it is quick to get mail on both ends?), family visits (any and all info on this is appreciated), any all info is appreciated.... Hope you all have a great week!!!

The Dream That At First Seems Impossible Is The Only Dream That Survives!!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Young'z ♥ For Eternity ♥

Hello Ladies, its official my husband is at Centinela... can you please let me any and all information everything is appreciated... have a great day!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
TruLuvStoryNeverEnds

Welcome To Centinela Youngz Ladii, May I Suggest To Browse Thru These Threads Bcuz Reality Is We Sound Like A Skipped Cd Repeating Whats What, Nothing Personal Tho Im Sure By Now U Already Have Taken It Upon Yourself To Find Info. I Think Thats The Best Way, Another Reason Is Bcuz While Reading Posts & Threads U Get The Feel Of Whos Who & Their Personalities. Dont Get Me Wrong, Us Ladies of Cen, Are More Than Willing To Answer Any Specific Question U Might Have. You Can PM Any Of Us If Necessary. GoodLuck Here At Centinela, Happy Journey!
C/R
BrownRoyalty
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN ROYALTY View Post
Welcome To Centinela Youngz Ladii, May I Suggest To Browse Thru These Threads Bcuz Reality Is We Sound Like A Skipped Cd Repeating Whats What, Nothing Personal Tho Im Sure By Now U Already Have Taken It Upon Yourself To Find Info. I Think Thats The Best Way, Another Reason Is Bcuz While Reading Posts & Threads U Get The Feel Of Whos Who & Their Personalities. Dont Get Me Wrong, Us Ladies of Cen, Are More Than Willing To Answer Any Specific Question U Might Have. You Can PM Any Of Us If Necessary. GoodLuck Here At Centinela, Happy Journey!
C/R
BrownRoyalty
Thank U Brown! So well said after so many years, it gets old repeating the same info over & over again! (No offense to anyone) I think if everyone does a little research first, than we of course are happy to, as u said answer any specific q?'s.......
We welcome all the new ladies, & hope we can help-------but I think every possible topic has been covered many times in previous threads. Things change all the time, I understand this so I have no problem addressing those changes! Please just check it out first........

Last edited by Beloved01; 11-29-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Young'z ♥ For Eternity ♥

@ Brown Royalty & Beloved01
Thank you so much for the warm welcome...
I am by no means new to CDCR or PTO and I understand how having to answer questions over and over again can get a little annoying (as I have had to do the same in the past) but as we all know things change so much with CDCR, therefore even reading thread to gather information it's not current at times, so I wasn't anticipating a topic break down, simply a run down on what is current...
I will bare that in mind, next time I ask as well as do my best to post in the correct thread....

Thanks for the response ladies... have a great weekend!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Young'z_Ladii For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (11-30-2012)
Closed Thread