Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 PM

Is a yard minimum? If so that's where my son is as well

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlySunny View Post
Hello. New to CEN... I am used to a different location. I appreciate any advise.
Am I correctly understanding that you can make an appointment for Sat and Sunday???? And they do not go by your inmates number to determine which day you come on??? Do you just make two separate appointments on the VPASS System??? One for SAT and then again one on SUN?
I am confused because I thought you had to drive over a certain distance for the double visit day to apply.
Also Ladies, I know we are advised to not wear Underwire Bras... but have you been getting in with them still? If not... What about the little "hooks" in the back of bras.. are they being really strict with that. I know they are at some prisons so I am double checking. Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.
MS
You can visit both days, I do all the time and come from San Diego! Just make your appts on VPASS.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:23 PM

Default :)

Thank you...
Old 09-08-2014, 11:33 AM

Default need rundown on dress code plz

hi ladys havent been here in a while , now am back going to visit a friends i need the rundown on this prison whats the dress code is like , what colors not to wear , the whole sha bang what the money limit i can take with me , do i need to take dollars bills or queters ? thanks ladys
Old 10-03-2014, 06:24 PM

It will be my first time visiting at centinela.. Does anyone have any advice on dress code? And I understand no underwire but the back of bra has 4 hooks will that be ok?

Last edited by 1sxeitaliana; 10-03-2014 at 06:36 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sxeitaliana View Post
It will be my first time visiting at centinela.. Does anyone have any advice on dress code? And I understand no underwire but the back of bra has 4 hooks will that be ok?
you should be fine aslong as u take off the underwire , i were a sportbra which is always safer
Old 10-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Default On-site Apartments

My husband recently wrote me about visiting, and he said that we might be able to stay in their onsite apartments? I don't know anything about this or how to even go about finding out. Any information would be great!
Old 11-02-2014, 12:48 AM

Hey ladies. I haven't been here in awhile. My husband called tonight to say he was moved to A Yard. In the past, I heard visiting didn't fill up down there. However so much has changed around Centinela over the past couple of years, I was wondering if that is still the case. Thanks in advance for the info. Enjoy your visits ladies!!!!
Old 06-17-2015, 01:14 PM

Default Sandals

Hello ladies, it's been some time since I've been to Centinela. Can you tell me if the rules with the sandals are the same? In some prisons you have to have a back on them, and some you don't. Centinela didn't require them as long as they weren't the rubber shower shoes. I'm aware of the main dress code. Any new rules on dress code for this facility is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smplgrl69 View Post
Hello ladies, it's been some time since I've been to Centinela. Can you tell me if the rules with the sandals are the same? In some prisons you have to have a back on them, and some you don't. Centinela didn't require them as long as they weren't the rubber shower shoes. I'm aware of the main dress code. Any new rules on dress code for this facility is appreciated. Thank you.

sandals are a go they dont need a strap , dress code they prettty laid back
Old 07-13-2015, 01:24 PM

LOL You think so?? They made me change my white blouse because this C.O. Lady thought you could look through it (Nope!). Guess it depends whos in the Visiting bureau that day. Saw Ladies with short skirts, Flip Flops and cleavage later that day.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:43 PM

It's always been that way. Every prison is different, and the rules change by the day. Some allow body jewelry, I'm assuming here still doesn't?
Old 07-31-2015, 03:27 PM

Default dress code

im going to see my hubby tomorrow need to know how to dress and any other recommendations. also how much money to take in and does it have to dollars or quarters....thank you
Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 PM
Mrs.M

Could someone please message me abou visiting. I have a few questions. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:50 PM
his one and only wife

Hey ladies... my husband is moving here tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what the rundown is for visiting? I've visited a lot of places but everywhere is different. Please help.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvly143 View Post
Hey ladies... my husband is moving here tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what the rundown is for visiting? I've visited a lot of places but everywhere is different. Please help.
Hi!
Ive visited centinela twice so far. I dont think there are many visitors that post on here. Visiting processing is fast and simple as for what ive experienced so far. I came from kvsp and i like cent processing a lot better. The only think i dont like us they log your belts, hair ties, glasses etc. That slows the processing down. But they allow scarfs hooded sweaters, leggings as long as your butt is covered with a long blouse. Visit is longer til 3pm. The first time i went the room was empty. Maybe half the tables were used. But the 2nd time my visit was terminated due to overcrowding. They do not double up. The visiting tables are really small. I visit with my daughter and the table was not big enough but they have a kids section with toys and tv but inmates are not allowed in there. C.o at the podium is really nice. This is in c yard. Hope this helps. Btw the drive sucks if you are in LA county.
The Following User Says Thank You to sammygirl For This Useful Post:
T_LovesHim100% (07-22-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 01:09 PM
his one and only wife

Thank you SammyGirl I am going to be coming from Ontario and I plan on going at least every other weekend. I'm not sure if my husband is going to end up on B yard or C yard. He's a level 4. I have a cousin there on C yard but he doesn't receive visits so he couldn't help me with any info. So they let us wear leggings? Are there any colors that you can't wear... I've visited a lot of places so of course I know, no blue and no plain white tops, and no colors like the CO's wear... but can we wear grey? My husband should arrive there today, so I'm thinking he might be on orientation status for a minute, so not sure if they will let me visit this weekend. Where do you stay when you visit? Thanks in advance this forum is a ghost town. LOL....
Old 02-24-2016, 12:18 AM

Im not sure on the specific colors that are not allowed at cent. We will learn as we go. I dont stay out thrre when i visit. I only visit one day
Quote:
Thank you SammyGirl I am going to be coming from Ontario and I plan on going at least every other weekend. I'm not sure if my husband is going to end up on B yard or C yard. He's a level 4. I have a cousin there on C yard but he doesn't receive visits so he couldn't help me with any info. So they let us wear leggings? Are there any colors that you can't wear... I've visited a lot of places so of course I know, no blue and no plain white tops, and no colors like the CO's wear... but can we wear grey? My husband should arrive there today, so I'm thinking he might be on orientation status for a minute, so not sure if they will let me visit this weekend. Where do you stay when you visit? Thanks in advance this forum is a ghost town. LOL....
Old 03-23-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Hey there did you have a visit yet?

My friend just went through processing- took a couple weeks and he is on C yard. He seems to like it so far. No problems. Then again he is coming from the SHU after 17 years so anything is a step up from that hell hole.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-02-2016, 05:14 PM
his one and only wife

Yes.... I go every weekend if u have questions feel free to ask
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvly143 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-03-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 04:38 PM

I have a question about dress code can you wear a jacket with a zipper on it ??
Old 05-17-2016, 11:07 AM
his one and only wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug33 View Post
I have a question about dress code can you wear a jacket with a zipper on it ??
Yes... you can just make sure what you wear underneath will pass because you have to remove your jacket before going thru the metal detector. Also u may want to reconsider wearing a jacket the heat has hit at centinela over 100 both days last weekend.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:08 PM

Does anyone in here know anything about family visits??
Old 06-21-2016, 04:37 PM
his one and only wife

Hi I can help what are your questions
Old 06-21-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Hi I can help what are your questions

Basically how the whole family visit program works. I told him to talk to his counselor and make sure he qualifies