Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:35 PM

Does anyone know if inmates in ASU have phone privileges? If so, how often? Any info on ASU is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsmama View Post
Does anyone know if inmates in ASU have phone privileges? If so, how often? Any info on ASU is appreciated.
No phone time,no dayroom visits behind glass.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM

Great thanks for your help! How about letters? How long do they take for ASU inmates to receive? Also, is it 2 weeks in advance to make an appointment for visiting?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM

My son just got moved to Centinela he's in B yard. Anyone have any advice?
Old 12-07-2013, 01:22 AM

I got my first letter and my hubby is yard d.. Can anyone fill me on everything they know about this yard? What's the SNY yard?? Nd what does it have to do with yard d?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:18 AM

my man's brother is at centinela. I'll see what info I can find out and post here.
The Following User Says Thank You to maniacswifey619 For This Useful Post:
Marissa77 (05-11-2014)
Old 12-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Banned

D yard is SNY/PC yard. Referred to as both.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:06 PM
I wish you enough

Hi Ladies I think I've read all the posts on this particular forum and I have the same questions, but all I've seen are two answers Re: hotel locations and inmate programs. What I'd like to know is how visiting is (the process especially now with VPASS , strictness on clothes, crowding, etc.) and how the inmate's like it. My husband is going to an SNY, but I hear that CEN is or has turned into all SNY.

Looking for answers please!

Thanks

Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Banned

The only yard at Centinela that is SNY is D yard.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Donation Award 

Well looks like my guy joined your LOs at CEN...
NOT a happy camper here! He's been in Wasco's reception since Sept 6, 2013. Long arse time. He didn't see his counselor til the 19th of this month.(Thursday) In his last letter dated the 20th,(a Friday) he said he had no idea where they were going to send him, but anticipated a 2-3 week wait before he was able to catch a bag. He was trying to get the mail out that morn and said he'd write more over the weekend and mail it Monday. Beings I usually get his mail in only 1-2 days, but considering Christmas landed in the middle, I expected to have heard back by yesterday or today. When I hadn't received anything, I decided to check the inmate locator and as luck would have it, bad in my eyes, he landed there in CEN. I'm going to guess he left this past weekend, or at least before mail on Monday. So I hope to hear from him SOON!
Im glad he's out of Wasco, because it was taking a toll on his attitude and effing with his spirits. My visitors app has been lagging, like everything else in Wasco, so I hadn't been able to see him since he was in county, the 2nd of August. Wasco was only going to be 157 miles, and now CEN is 204! DAAAAHMMMM!
I'm glad I read this info, it has eased my mind a little as to how much longer I was going to have to wait to hear from him once he landed in mainline. Since this isn't his first rodeo, I'm hoping I'll get a call any day now.
Thanks or all the 411 ladies~ Peace
Oh ya, can anyone possibly shed some light on reasons they may have had for planting his arse there, of all places? He has less than 7 months left, unless he got into some trouble in the past few days that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for any insight at all...

Last edited by TangledHeart; 12-28-2013 at 10:19 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledHeart View Post
Well looks like my guy joined your LOs at CEN...
NOT a happy camper here! He's been in Wasco's reception since Sept 6, 2013. Long arse time. He didn't see his counselor til the 19th of this month.(Thursday) In his last letter dated the 20th,(a Friday) he said he had no idea where they were going to send him, but anticipated a 2-3 week wait before he was able to catch a bag. He was trying to get the mail out that morn and said he'd write more over the weekend and mail it Monday. Beings I usually get his mail in only 1-2 days, but considering Christmas landed in the middle, I expected to have heard back by yesterday or today. When I hadn't received anything, I decided to check the inmate locator and as luck would have it, bad in my eyes, he landed there in CEN. I'm going to guess he left this past weekend, or at least before mail on Monday. So I hope to hear from him SOON!
Im glad he's out of Wasco, because it was taking a toll on his attitude and effing with his spirits. My visitors app has been lagging, like everything else in Wasco, so I hadn't been able to see him since he was in county, the 2nd of August. Wasco was only going to be 157 miles, and now CEN is 204! DAAAAHMMMM!
I'm glad I read this info, it has eased my mind a little as to how much longer I was going to have to wait to hear from him once he landed in mainline. Since this isn't his first rodeo, I'm hoping I'll get a call any day now.
Thanks or all the 411 ladies~ Peace
Oh ya, can anyone possibly shed some light on reasons they may have had for planting his arse there, of all places? He has less than 7 months left, unless he got into some trouble in the past few days that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for any insight at all...
My man arrived at Centinela in July and I heard from him about a month month and half later. Mail there is usually 3 days or so, but can be longer. My mail usually takes a week+. The approval process for visits took about a month thank goodness it was pretty quick I thought. I drive about 190 miles it's not that bad takes about 2.45min to get there.
The Following User Says Thank You to believe143 For This Useful Post:
TangledHeart (01-25-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 PM

Hi all this is my first time posting and actually new to all this prison stuff so please bare with me :-) My husband was just mainlined to centinela and I was wondering how the phones there work? Can they call everyday? Are there set ours or days that they can call? I haven't spoken to him in 5 months and I'm getting really anxious to hear his voice again! Also, he is in b yard and was wondering what level this is and if this is an okay place to be? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmy2gurlz View Post
I think it means hes in A1 and he sleeps on top bunk. BTW... Welcome to Centinela =) My husband is also in A yard.
Me too. Like were neighbors or something. I'm new to all of this! Just reading thru all of this I'm in for the long haul 2022. Nervous and curious!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 PM

Is the A yard, SNY?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c's baby View Post
Is the A yard, SNY?
No SNY is D yard
Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Donation Award 

Any of your LO's in Echo? Seems not too many in Centinela post on here, they all go to Facebook....If you're not a wifey, I guess you are left to fend for yourself...
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Hi everyone, Im not sure if im on the correct page to ask this question. This is my first time on here so please excuse me. I was wondering if by chance anyone has heard about the change in laws for gang enhancements? Im clueless about all this prison stuff! :/
Old 04-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,999 Times in 801 Posts

Anything you hear about sentencing laws being reduced is usually just BS. Sorry, but those rumors have been going around since my son went in in 2006 and have been I am sure long before that. Any change to the law must be done by the legislature or propositions voted on by the people of CA. Mostly politicians want only to increase sentences not reduce them. The last big change we had was amending the 3 strikes law which the people of California passed by proposition. Our legislature is too afraid of their own shadows and worried about their own careers to lessen sentencing laws. Until the State of California installs a Sentencing Commission which many states now have, we will not see sentencing laws get relaxed. Sentencing is completely out of touch with reality but not likely to change unless a Commission changes them.

When you hear the rumor about 85% being reduced to 65%. IGNORE IT. Been hearing that one for almost 9 years.

My son was just transferred from AZ to CA and is now a resident of Centinela for his last few months of incarceration. Hope he can get out without them trying to keep him longer for some infraction. A few 115's along the way and he is now a few months beyond what his release should have been.

They don't like letting them go.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. And then you cash in on guilt"--Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno04
Hi everyone, Im not sure if im on the correct page to ask this question. This is my first time on here so please excuse me. I was wondering if by chance anyone has heard about the change in laws for gang enhancements? Im clueless about all this prison stuff! :/
CDCr is making some changes to how they view security threat groups (aka gangs), but I don't think they are addressing (nor can they) sentencing related to gang enhancements.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...ules_Page.html
Old 04-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris1
Anything you hear about sentencing laws being reduced is usually just BS. Sorry, but those rumors have been going around since my son went in in 2006 and have been I am sure long before that. Any change to the law must be done by the legislature or propositions voted on by the people of CA. Mostly politicians want only to increase sentences not reduce them. The last big change we had was amending the 3 strikes law which the people of California passed by proposition. Our legislature is too afraid of their own shadows and worried about their own careers to lessen sentencing laws. Until the State of California installs a Sentencing Commission which many states now have, we will not see sentencing laws get relaxed. Sentencing is completely out of touch with reality but not likely to change unless a Commission changes them. When you hear the rumor about 85% being reduced to 65%. IGNORE IT. Been hearing that one for almost 9 years. My son was just transferred from AZ to CA and is now a resident of Centinela for his last few months of incarceration. Hope he can get out without them trying to keep him longer for some infraction. A few 115's along the way and he is now a few months beyond what his release should have been. They don't like letting them go.
Actually, if someone is a non-violent, second-striker their time IS being modified from 80% to 66%. This change is a result of the Three-Judge Panel's February 10, 2014 Order. The judges also waived all State laws so that the legislature would not have to vote on it.

Non-violent, 2nd striker are also (finally) being allowed milestone credits. All this is being done on order to relieve the overcrowding currently existing in the CDCr's system.

Just wanted to clarify in case anyone was wondering.
The Following User Says Thank You to SinCityKitty For This Useful Post:
Morris1 (04-12-2014)
Old 04-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Donation Award 

SinCity, do you have a link to that order? I used to be able to find that stuff but have gotten rid of all the links. I would like to read the whole thing.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. And then you cash in on guilt"--Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 04-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Donation Award 

Never mind I found it. CDCR actually has a page for the 3 Judge Panel Updates. Apparently what you are talking about is a concession that the Governor had to make for the 3 Judge Panel to give them the time extension to bring the population down. Here is how it reads:
(a) Increase credits prospectively for non-violent second-strike offenders and minimum custody inmates. Non-violent second-strikers will be eligible to earn good time credits at 33.3% and will be eligible to earn milestone credits for completing rehabilitative programs. Minimum custody inmates will be eligible to earn 2-for-1 good time credits to the extent such credits do not deplete participation in fire camps where inmates also earn 2-for-1 good time credits;
85% inmates still get no relief.

This isn't the right thread for this topic so I won't comment again on it.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:54 PM

Looks like my love will be joining all of yours at Centinela in a couple of weeks. He'll be transferring from Avenal due to negative valley fever test.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:58 PM

Yay, welcome to Centinela ;-) Get ready for less phone calls. That's the bad part
Old 04-11-2015, 05:54 PM

Yea we are so happy to be leaving Avenal. He's been at Avenal going on 9 years and that place ain't a good place to be. He said that he was at Centinela about 10-11 years ago so I'm sure things have changed. What is visiting like at Centinela? How much phone time are they allowed each day? How many GP yards are there and which ones are they? Will he have a cell/cell mate or will he be housed in dorm style living area? Ugh so many things to learn all over again?