Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Lily

I'm so jazzed!!! We had a great visit, I started to cry when I saw him and when we hugged he asked why I was crying. I told him that it was because I was so happy to see him and the funny thing was he was tearing up too, not that I mentioned that at all.

Wow, just a wonderful day! I also have a hope of a full day visit tomorrow because when I checked out I spoke to a visiting Lt. and asked because I'm from out of state and I couldn't get an appointment through VPass could I get a manual appointment. The Lt. said yes they can accomodate me, just get in at 8:30 and come straight to the desk let them know I'm from out of state and I will be called up quickly.

I'm so sorry if this pushes back anyone else's no appointment visit and I hope you understand.

On another topic, sheesh the prices for food and beverage are egregious aren't they? My BF said, I don't think I can eat 50 dollars worth of food and guess what, we were left with 50 cents after his choices and a water, burrito and coffee for me.

LOL, it's highway robbery isn't it? Also what's up with the machines being less than full at 8:30am and not being replenished until close to 1pm? Minor gripe I know just sayin.

Hope all of you who had visits today had a great one too!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Great I am so happy for you. I am hoping that I can get an appointment for next week. Can you please tell me how you were able to get an appointment I called all day yesterday as I found somewhere that said I needed to call Friday between 8am and 4pm but no one ever answered the 5886, 5887, 5889 or the 5401 lines. I am fearing that I won't be able to get an appointment for next week since he is in A4 and everywhere it says that is Ad Seg no contact visit, VPASS says you can only make contact visit appointments on it. Please can someone give me specific instruction and number for appointments? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Lily

Hello all! Had a GREAT visit, two days all day long, with my best friend!! The Officers were great and I got in very quickly with no hassles and they actually do have a sense of humor.

I'm lucky as some others were made to change clothes several times which pushed back their visiting hours available, I feel for you.

To those who were visiting on C yard the 9th and 10th of this month, I wish I'd met you in person and had the guts to ask when we were processing in and out.

Here's something we can all laugh at. Saturday I cleared the screening and was told to take a sharp left to get to C yard. . .so I did. Fencing, no gate. . .wtf so I went back in and asked what do I do. LOL, they were playing with me, showed me where to go, duh behind the yellow line let us open the gate for you yada yada yada. So I laughed and they were surprised, no hassles after that, smiling and laughing go a long way as did greeeting them with "Good morning, how are you?" they didn't expect that. Guess they were a bit bored so a little fun at my expense was okay.

No worries, I was happy and it helped me get in fast on Sunday.

So sorry to yell but I GOT TO VISIT MY BEST FRIEND ALL DAY LONG SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lilypad; 02-12-2013 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Missing info
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM

I just got off the phone with visiting at the prison and the person that answered the phone said to make an appointment via email for facility A4 and A5 the Ad Seg area the correct email is lac.visiting@cdcr.gov or via phone on Fridays. I have gotten the wrong email as I was missing the period between lac and visiting and it kept bouncing back. Good luck to me on Friday last Friday no one answered. Does any one know which extension works best?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Hello im sorry im off subject but im new to this and i didnt see a 2013 thread for ride sharing. Im in North Hollywood and would like to know if any one is interested msg me i have a expedition fits 5 without 3rd seat or 7-8 w 3rd seat. I find its a good way to save money on gas, go more often and make new friends.
Thank You in Advance
Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 AM
My Love My Life My Hubby

Default Visiting Non Appt

Hello,
I was unable to obtain an appointment through VPASS for Sunday the 24th and was wondering if there is a time they take non-appointment walk-ins. Thanks

Just being me! J
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM

Does any think it would be possible to get an appointment for this week end or is it too late? I haven't seen my son in a few weeks. And what is the best number to use? I forgot to mention he is in ad seg

Last edited by blstgo; 02-14-2013 at 01:26 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Lily

Hi all, just wanted to update you, had a great visit! The CO's were polite, pleasant, helpful and even a bit funny.

They really did help me too, last Saturday I had an appointment, they processed me within 15 minutes of the appointment time (the CO at the gate was a bit off telling me I had to go to the Visitor's Trailer. . .the volunteer was great at getting me on the right track).

When I went to process out, I asked the Visiting Lt. if because I was an out of state visitor and couldn't get an appointment if I could get one through them for Sunday, he told me to just come in, let the CO's know I was from out of state and they would process me first.

They kept their word, I was the first person processed for C yard Sunday. I met
some really great people who also visit their loved ones, was amazed at how polite everyone was and just how generous we all can be in difficult circumstances.

Amazing and thank you PTO LAC members for being here, I learned a lot on this visit and if I can help in any way, please let me know.

Special thanks to thiscrazylove.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM

so angry girls!!! I just found out I was denied to visit my BF, his mom called to let me know, I haven't received the denial letter from the prison, I don't know why they would deny my request, months ago they had denied me for not having proper ID and I got my drivers license sent that along with my SS # never been arrested or any criminal record other then 2 parking tickets like 4 years ago.. WTF!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:13 PM

Hello all! So...now? I need some major help! After almost 2 years in Sacramento, the hubby was recently transferred to Lancaster and now? the hubby and I finally have our contact visits back! YAY! I am so excited and can not wait to see him! Of course... this is a new prison and I have no idea what I am doing! The hubs mentioned that visiting process is a bit different? I had read online about the VPASS thing...I'm just confused...and well I will be driving up from Arizona...so I want to make sure I have a plan...so any help/advice you all could give me would be truly appreciated! Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM
missing you

Google VPASS and go to website. Make an account. Every Monday at 7 am visiting slots open for a 2 week period. Since u are coming from so far away and it's your first time get the earliest possible because you will not get terminated and and u can stay til 3pm both sat and sun. Sign in at least half hour before appt time. Any other questions don't hesitate to send me a message!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thiscrazylove For This Useful Post:
beabenitez1978 (02-24-2013), Bobbie_Wifey (03-01-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM

whos on b yrd wat time is afternoon yard
Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Lisa Marie

Hello ladies, I am not new to this prison he was here a yr ago but he has always been in adseg. He is now in GP and finally allowed contact visits after 2 yrs. I know that LAC used the VPASS and I have registar for this. My question is if yu can't get a appt through VPASS how does the walk in appts work. I was there about 2 weeks ago for an noncontact appt and saw that they had appt and walk ups waiting. So my question is if you are a walk up how long does it take to get in etc

People don't understand how hard it is to have a loved one locked up. It takes a STRONG person to do it everyday until they come home. It hurts so bad
Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Does anyone have an updated number for visiting? I have been trying to get a live person on da phone n im not having any luck. I have waiting to get re approved for 5 months nw. ;( . Our visits were suspended for 90 dys gor excessive touching n it wasntnothing major. ;( ty in advance .
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM

When I call (661)729-2000 I have found that extension 5401 is usually answered more than the others I have called the extension 5886,5887 and 5889 but no one has answered or I get an endless busy signal. What I have done that worked for me is I emailed them my request lac.visiting@cdcr.gov
on Monday morning and got the appointment for Saturday I wanted. Our pastor has not been approved since October 2012. maybe I should call as well.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:10 PM

Thank for ur help. Does anyone know if i am able to log on to VPass n make an apt if that means that im aleady approved ????
Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 PM

Hi, new here. Can someone tell me how long it takes to get approved? I submitted my form on Feb 7th, haven't heard anything yet. Also for anyone who has visited and has had to change clothes, what was the reason? And does anyone know the dos and donts on touching? What is excessive touching to them?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
missing you

I don't know how long it takes but I would call visiting and check the status, I thought it was 4-6 weeks. General clothing rules, nothing tight, see-thru, no blue. You can hold hands and sit close, just not too much rubbing or touching- only kiss on way in and way out
The Following User Says Thank You to thiscrazylove For This Useful Post:
Kishale (03-21-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM

Hi ladies! Im new to this I made me a Vpass as my boyfriend told me. What is the dress code and how does the whole appointment thing work. Im so confused I got my appointment.for 1:30 im.bummed about that. I haven't seen him for so long I wanted 2 spend more time with him. Some1 please help me understand how this all works Thank u
Old 03-28-2013, 06:39 PM
missing you

Hi and welcome! Show up atleast half hour before appt to turn slip in to visiting officers. Did you make appt for both days or only one? If only one you should go back into VPASS site Friday evening and keep checking appt times for day you DIDN'T pick. Then you will see that even if you do t get an appt Monday morning for an earlier time people change plans and sometimes their are more choices Friday night. I check back a few times a week when I am looking for a better appt time. You can also show up at 6 am, wait in line, and try to get an earlier "walk up" time and then cancel the 1:30- just tell the CO that your trying to get in earlier especially if its your first time. I don't know what this weekend will be like since its Easter?? I wasn't at LAC last Easter. Have a great visit.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 PM
missing you

In fact, my plans just changed so I can't make it this weekend. I just canceled my Saturday 10:30 visit. If anyone needs one go check it out
Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if we r still suppose to park on da street n wait for da co's to let us in. Or do we just drive into da prison parking lot? I ask because i have been reading that we have to be there 1/2 hr before our appt. I am very confused n i sure dont want to mess up i havent seen my husband in almost a year ao therefore i want to make sure i get all of my time. Thank you again soooo much!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Hello everyone!! Okay... so just thinking about it... I'm NERVOUS!! I'm new to LAC - and I did manage to get an appointment for both next Saturday and Sunday - however I'm confused - for the appointment - do I get in the car line early just like everyone else? Or do I just drive on in? and secondly - I have a 9am appointment - if I get in the car line early - am I able to get in earlier (as I am coming in from Arizona...) I just want to have the most amount of time with my hubs... and then of course I am wondering how strict the CO's are with the dress code.. granted I am ALWAYS doing my best to adhere to the dress code - but even then I've been turned away at other prisons because my pants are supposedly too "tight".. uh hello... I'm a BIG girl and the pants I wear? NOT TIGHT... just my butt is waaay big!! WAAH!! So I definitely need some guidance here.. especially when I am driving a total of 900 miles round trip!! Its been forever since I've seen him.. and now that we have contact visits - after almost two years.. I don't want to waste a minute!! HELP!!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 AM

There is no more car line. Just tell the CO at the gate you have an appt. he will give you a different color slip than non spots. I get there about an hour before my appt and you just go inside and hand in your slip. As for dress code as long as you don't wear underwire bra or the wrong colors you should be okay but bring a few options just incase.
The Following User Says Thank You to calicat25 For This Useful Post:
beabenitez1978 (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 PM

Many thanks to Calicat25 for the info!! Now another question.. since I've never been to LAC - just to be sure - I'll be putting in 44750 60th St W Lancaster, CA 93536 as the address to the prison into the GPS.. right?! Blah!! I hate not knowing exactly where I am going.. I tell you its an adventure everytime he moves prisons... and well is there ANYTHING else I need to know - any tips?! Thanks in advance!!
The Following User Says Thank You to beabenitez1978 For This Useful Post:
yolieg619 (01-05-2014)
Closed Thread