Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:41 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default KVSP Phone Q & A

Anything regarding phones & calls should go here..

**Please do not post things like :"I didn't get a call today, I'm so sad"..this should go in our monthly chat thread

Questions about how to receive calls, how to set up your phone etc should go here!

Effective November 26, 2012 GTL is changing its billing system from Direct Billed to AdvancePay Accounts.

Click on the PDF below to learn the steps you need to take.

English

Spanish

Offender Connect Brochure Friend-Family revised
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 PM

Does anyone know if calls are coming out today, with it being a holiday not sure if they run phones
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Love Mi Guerito! 02/08/10

I got a call yesterday.

Happy new year!
.Love Is Never Easy and Distance Doesn’t Make It Any Easier; by Any Means but, It Does Make You Realize What You Want, What You Need and Most Importantly Realizing That One Person You Don't Mind Missing, Because Its the One Person You Cant Live Without.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Thanked 1,074 Times in 372 Posts

I got a call yesterday and today is a down day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhishands View Post
Does anyone know if calls are coming out today, with it being a holiday not sure if they run phones

Did you know that when a penguin finds its mate they stay together for the rest of their lives? I found my Penguin

Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 AM

Hi. I'm new to this site and need help with the prepaid advance phone service. How does it work?? I called and its all automated and I'm not sure if the calls will go through since its a cellphone. please help!!
Thank you

Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Banned

I just got my first call last night. It's the recorded voice that says" you have a pre paid call form ___. To accept press 5" and it will connect your call. I looked at my OffenderConnect account right after and it deducted just $2.07 plus .3 cents in tax. So $2.10 was much better then I thought it would be. I'm using a cell phone as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faticastro View Post
Hi. I'm new to this site and need help with the prepaid advance phone service. How does it work?? I called and its all automated and I'm not sure if the calls will go through since its a cellphone. please help!!
Thank you

Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Thanked 1,074 Times in 372 Posts

If its the first call going to ur cell it will got hru, They are allowing only one call to go thru then you will have to set up your prepaid account, just follow the instructions 1800-483-8314 or talk to someone all you gotta do is put $25 or $50

Quote:
Thank you

Did you know that when a penguin finds its mate they stay together for the rest of their lives? I found my Penguin

The Following User Says Thank You to hiscoqui For This Useful Post:
ladybug33 (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:00 PM

My hubby was just transferred to kern yesterday Finally he is in D5 I have not got a phone call in 18 months so I waiting to press 5 lol any info on when calls can be made and how often or down days I have a GtL account already set up thanks for any info
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyslady707 View Post
My hubby was just transferred to kern yesterday Finally he is in D5 I have not got a phone call in 18 months so I waiting to press 5 lol any info on when calls can be made and how often or down days I have a GtL account already set up thanks for any info
Down days are the first weds and third friday of the month, generally they are supposed to get calls every other day, depending on their housing assignment...sometimes that's really consistent, sometimes it's not, just depends. We' will get a real lucky run where I'll get a call a day or two for a couple weeks then I won't hear from him for 3-4 days
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Ofakind!! For This Useful Post:
1loveJLM (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhishands View Post
Down days are the first weds and third friday of the month, generally they are supposed to get calls every other day, depending on their housing assignment...sometimes that's really consistent, sometimes it's not, just depends. We' will get a real lucky run where I'll get a call a day or two for a couple weeks then I won't hear from him for 3-4 days

Thanks for the info ....
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Banned

I just learned last night that they have to sign up to use the phone and they can't just call right back for another 15 minute call. That's all I know so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyslady707 View Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJD View Post
I just learned last night that they have to sign up to use the phone and they can't just call right back for another 15 minute call. That's all I know so far
Thank hopefully he calls soon
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJD View Post
I just got my first call last night. It's the recorded voice that says" you have a pre paid call form ___. To accept press 5" and it will connect your call. I looked at my OffenderConnect account right after and it deducted just $2.07 plus .3 cents in tax. So $2.10 was much better then I thought it would be. I'm using a cell phone as well.
Thanks so much!!!
I called to make an account and it didn't ask me for any personal information it just asked me for my visa card # and the amount I wanted to deposit. Does that mean I set up an account? $2.10 is not bad at all
I hope I can start getting calls soon!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiscoqui View Post
If its the first call going to ur cell it will got hru, They are allowing only one call to go thru then you will have to set up your prepaid account, just follow the instructions 1800-483-8314 or talk to someone all you gotta do is put $25 or $50
Thanks so much
I called the number and it was much easier than I thought. I'm just wondering if I did it correctly since it only asked me for my visa to put money. Do you know if you can actually talk to someone from gtl not an automated voice lol. I don't have an offender account .......
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Banned

I did it through the website but no, it didn't ask me much. Just the basics. I hope you get calls soon too

Quote:
Thanks so much!!!
I called to make an account and it didn't ask me for any personal information it just asked me for my visa card # and the amount I wanted to deposit. Does that mean I set up an account? $2.10 is not bad at all
I hope I can start getting calls soon!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyslady707

Thanks for the info ....
Well as you know me...lol.. calls are usually everyother day. Unless he gets the hook up with having someone sign up for a call and he is able to take homeboys call. TJ does that a lot. But on the regular for most part is every other day.. either mornig sign ups or evening. So if no call today yet then by monday or on moday for sure girlie! !!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM

Anybody know if calls are getting out today? Was expecting a call this weekend- but no dice yet...
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM

Apparently rates are based on your distance from the facility. My friend got a call from my guy's celly and it cost her $8.48 for the 15 minutes. We were not expecting that... but since she's out of state, they charge her more than me. (when my man calls me it's $2.10 w/tax).

Quote:
Thank you

Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 AM

Can someone tell me if AT&T cell phones can accept collect calls? I did set up my prepaid account through prisoner connect. Is that all I have to do??

Thanks for any feedback!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Banned

That's all you do. When the call comes just listen carefully when they tell you which number to press to accept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever friend View Post
Can someone tell me if AT&T cell phones can accept collect calls? I did set up my prepaid account through prisoner connect. Is that all I have to do??

Thanks for any feedback!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Thanks so much!!! I haven't spoken to my friend for 15 years, so I want to make sure his calls go through.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Banned

Does anyone know of any reason why my phone didn't ring last night like it was supposed to?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:22 PM

Hey ladies has anyone receive any calls from D?

I have since last Monday that I haven't talked to my babe! I keep calling records and my phone goes directly to voicemail. And I called his counselor and same thing! Is it because today's a. Holiday?? :/
.Love Is Never Easy and Distance Doesn’t Make It Any Easier; by Any Means but, It Does Make You Realize What You Want, What You Need and Most Importantly Realizing That One Person You Don't Mind Missing, Because Its the One Person You Cant Live Without.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM
~His Rock.Angel.Sunshine~
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternity<3 TQM!
Hey ladies has anyone receive any calls from D?

I have since last Monday that I haven't talked to my babe! I keep calling records and my phone goes directly to voicemail. And I called his counselor and same thing! Is it because today's a. Holiday?? :/
I got a call this afternoon from D... Calls are going through.

Beyond Darkness will ALWAYS be Light... You are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine...
Old 01-21-2013, 06:41 PM

Thank you!

Hopefully tonight ill get a touchdown with a call!

Can you maybe post/message when you get another call please thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity<3 TQM! For This Useful Post:
natjoey1020 (12-07-2014)