Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,285
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default PBSP Mail Q/A

Anything regarding mail, mailing address, etc... should go here.
__________________
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Ourlovestory's Avatar
Ourlovestory Ourlovestory is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 206
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Hi...I was wondering if anyone has the mail room phone number, I've been lookin' & lookin' but can't seem to find it. Thnxs!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
SOLiD&FaiTHFUL SOLiD&FaiTHFUL is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 12
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourlovestory View Post
Hi...I was wondering if anyone has the mail room phone number, I've been lookin' & lookin' but can't seem to find it. Thnxs!
So for PBSP the number is 707 465 1000 extension: 7101
Are you having issues with your special someone receiving mail and or you receiving mail? I h ave been having issues since lastonth my man says hes sent me 2 letters and I havvent received a thing!& I have sent him 4 letters and he hasnt received them.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SOLiD&FaiTHFUL For This Useful Post:
Ourlovestory (01-11-2013)
  #4  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
siciliangirl310 siciliangirl310 is offline
Jessgirl
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 163
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Their mail is usually backed up in December (probably because of the holidays) Its always like that. Ive been getting mine pretty quick but mine getting there are taking a little longer than usual
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to siciliangirl310 For This Useful Post:
Ourlovestory (01-11-2013)
  #5  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Ourlovestory's Avatar
Ourlovestory Ourlovestory is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 206
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLiD&FaiTHFUL View Post
So for PBSP the number is 707 465 1000 extension: 7101
Are you having issues with your special someone receiving mail and or you receiving mail? I h ave been having issues since lastonth my man says hes sent me 2 letters and I havvent received a thing!& I have sent him 4 letters and he hasnt received them.
SOLid&FaiTHFUL-thank u so much 4 the info...it's much appreciated. Yea, I've been having issues w/our mail (going both ways) as well as I wanted 2 ask about sending a calendar, being my luv is in the S.H.U.

I appreciate everyone's help & input (good lookin' out)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
gabbsplus2 gabbsplus2 is offline
His ride or die chick!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 436
Thanks: 131
Thanked 99 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Ourlovestory, I recently sent a calendar to my lo in the shu

What Im wondering is why is it taking so long for his letters to get to me
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gabbsplus2 For This Useful Post:
Ourlovestory (01-14-2013)
  #7  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 PM
JavisLady JavisLady is offline
Account Closed
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA USA
Posts: 521
Thanks: 568
Thanked 523 Times in 243 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourlovestory View Post
SOLid&FaiTHFUL-thank u so much 4 the info...it's much appreciated. Yea, I've been having issues w/our mail (going both ways) as well as I wanted 2 ask about sending a calendar, being my luv is in the S.H.U.

I appreciate everyone's help & input (good lookin' out)
I just yesterday received a letter from my husband who is in SHU - he said they are allowed calendars, 12 x 14 when folded, no staples. Not sure how I'd get him a calendar with no staples, hoping the mail room will take them out??? Or - have the calendar shipped to me first I guess?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 AM
JavisLady JavisLady is offline
Account Closed
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA USA
Posts: 521
Thanks: 568
Thanked 523 Times in 243 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady View Post
I just yesterday received a letter from my husband who is in SHU - he said they are allowed calendars, 12 x 14 when folded, no staples. Not sure how I'd get him a calendar with no staples, hoping the mail room will take them out??? Or - have the calendar shipped to me first I guess?
I just called the mailroom - if the calendar is shipped directly from the vendor (example, Amazon) the COs will take the staples out.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Ourlovestory's Avatar
Ourlovestory Ourlovestory is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 206
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady View Post
I just called the mailroom - if the calendar is shipped directly from the vendor (example, Amazon) the COs will take the staples out.
Thank you for all your help
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 PM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

Is anyones mail lagging here from the SHU?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:20 PM
siciliangirl310 siciliangirl310 is offline
Jessgirl
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 163
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meximami707 View Post
Is anyones mail lagging here from the SHU?
Mine isn't. Just the opposite. We've been getting each others letters within 3-4 days lately. He says to take advantage now before they start slowing down again
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to siciliangirl310 For This Useful Post:
meximami707 (03-11-2013)
  #12  
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

if u dont mind me asking....what building is ur loved one in?... my p.p. is in C building....
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliangirl310 View Post
Mine isn't. Just the opposite. We've been getting each others letters within 3-4 days lately. He says to take advantage now before they start slowing down again
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
siciliangirl310 siciliangirl310 is offline
Jessgirl
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 163
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meximami707 View Post
if u dont mind me asking....what building is ur loved one in?... my p.p. is in C building....
He's in C too. C3
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

Thanks..
I don't get it... I'm "close" to him compared to other peeps but I guess since they moniter mail ..idk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 PM
siciliangirl310 siciliangirl310 is offline
Jessgirl
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 163
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meximami707 View Post
Thanks..
I don't get it... I'm "close" to him compared to other peeps but I guess since they moniter mail ..idk
When mine was on "active" status it took about a month for him to receive. He's up for review soon so it'll probably slow down for us because they'll be monitoring him more
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to siciliangirl310 For This Useful Post:
meximami707 (03-12-2013)
  #16  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

Maybe im just being weird lol

I sent it out the 28th and then I got the reply from (the 28th letter) yesterday the 11th in the mail...
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliangirl310 View Post
When mine was on "active" status it took about a month for him to receive. He's up for review soon so it'll probably slow down for us because they'll be monitoring him more

Last edited by meximami707; 03-12-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 PM
siciliangirl310 siciliangirl310 is offline
Jessgirl
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 163
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meximami707 View Post
Maybe im just being weird lol

I sent it out the 28th and then I got the reply from (the 28th letter) yesterday the 11th in the mail...
11 day turnaround isn't bad. Too bad it wasn't quicker though, I hate waiting for replies..especially on important topics
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to siciliangirl310 For This Useful Post:
meximami707 (03-13-2013)
  #18  
Old 03-13-2013, 10:31 AM
gabbsplus2 gabbsplus2 is offline
His ride or die chick!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 436
Thanks: 131
Thanked 99 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Something went on for sure because I got one he wrote me on 2/27 and it went back to him and he resent it. Post mark says 3/8 and I just got it yesterday...Weird
-___-
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gabbsplus2 For This Useful Post:
meximami707 (03-13-2013)
  #19  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 PM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

Really?!?! ... I know there is no way I sent it out monday and by saturday i have his responce lol that would be cool...
It use to be 1 week... now it takes longer and its weird too bcuz I feel like I'm missing a letter?... i know he doesnt take a long time to reply he replies right away...

whats the thursday thing again.. mail doesnt go out again till sunday nite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbsplus2 View Post
Something went on for sure because I got one he wrote me on 2/27 and it went back to him and he resent it. Post mark says 3/8 and I just got it yesterday...Weird
-___-
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meximami707 For This Useful Post:
gabbsplus2 (03-19-2013)
  #20  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:35 PM
JavisLady JavisLady is offline
Account Closed
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA USA
Posts: 521
Thanks: 568
Thanked 523 Times in 243 Posts
Default

I beleive mail leaves SHU Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. IDK if GP is different.

My husband's mail was really slow for about 4 weeks - but this week it's been fast again - IDK why this happens, but it does.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 AM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

daaang! NO wonder!! lol

I have no idea.. I figured SHU and GP all ran mail same days... that could explain it..

thanks for the info girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady View Post
I beleive mail leaves SHU Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. IDK if GP is different.

My husband's mail was really slow for about 4 weeks - but this week it's been fast again - IDK why this happens, but it does.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meximami707 For This Useful Post:
JavisLady (03-18-2013)
  #22  
Old 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
siciliangirl310 siciliangirl310 is offline
Jessgirl
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 163
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Mines in SHU..I think I remember him saying he get mail Mon-Fri but sends out Sunday night-Thurs
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to siciliangirl310 For This Useful Post:
meximami707 (03-16-2013)
  #23  
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 AM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

thanks for the info ladies... Im pretty impatiente.. so I still think its taking too long lol

I was "missing" a letter and I finally got a reply today...
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliangirl310 View Post
Mines in SHU..I think I remember him saying he get mail Mon-Fri but sends out Sunday night-Thurs
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM
meximami707 meximami707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ..
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,293
Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts
Default

Good Morning ladies...

I had read in another thread that there is online company where you can send letters thru the computer or something like that ...

Does PB accept those? Has anyone tried sending one to the SHU? If so, how was it?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 AM
gabbsplus2 gabbsplus2 is offline
His ride or die chick!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 436
Thanks: 131
Thanked 99 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meximami707 View Post
Good Morning ladies...

I had read in another thread that there is online company where you can send letters thru the computer or something like that ...

Does PB accept those? Has anyone tried sending one to the SHU? If so, how was it?
I send them through JPay and he did get it in the same amount of time as a normal mailed out letter and it cost a stamp. My LO is in the SHU at PB.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gabbsplus2 For This Useful Post:
meximami707 (03-19-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PBSP 2012 Mail Q&A sidewalker Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California 73 10-17-2012 08:10 PM
2011 PBSP Mail Q&A Thread traviesita Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California 110 11-18-2011 03:10 PM
A question about mail supplies at PBSP Bobby's_Grrrl Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California 3 09-05-2006 04:18 PM
Pbsp Mail lysamarie Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California 12 01-03-2006 09:43 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics