Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 AM
''TILL DEATH DO US PART''

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritorres View Post
Ok thank u so much..wat can u take with u?
When you get your date your hubby sends you papers you have to sign and send back and it tells you on there what you can and can't take

faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
Went on a little shopping spree and got 90% of the stuff. Just need to get another "outfit" lol.. Are you guys still in THU or are you every weekend now?
We are still THU. YAAAAY sounds like u are all ready to go

faith, hope and love.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac_girl View Post
We are still THU. YAAAAY sounds like u are all ready to go
Awe man.. They're lagging on transferring him huh.

Yup. Almost there, finally! Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to trueblue310 For This Useful Post:
sac_girl (01-15-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac_girl View Post
When you get your date your hubby sends you papers you have to sign and send back and it tells you on there what you can and can't take
Alright. ..thank u
The Following User Says Thank You to maritorres For This Useful Post:
sac_girl (01-15-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
Awe man.. They're lagging on transferring him huh.

Yup. Almost there, finally! Lol
Yes they are

faith, hope and love.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 PM

Just got our fv date yesterday so exicted...11 more days=*)

Last edited by maritorres; 02-11-2014 at 09:07 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 09:06 PM

Monicataylor1 (02-11-2014)
Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 PM

Congratulations I would be dancing in the street lol. Can't wait until we get ours.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:28 AM

Congrats girl!! Gotta admit I'm pushing the jelly button right now .. Lol!! Wish I could get a FV, but I'm still trying to get married!! Lmao!!

Best wishes and Congrats again!!

Quote:
Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 AM
OG Prison Wifey

Hi...
I have a quick question. I've never been on a FV nor am I even married yet... But my fiancee mentioned sumthin 2 me recently about inmates having to have a current "California ID/Driver's License" in order 2 attend a FV. Of course this sounds absolutely ridiculous 2 me... But he says that a prison official told him this. My question = Is there any truth in this? Plz advise... Thx :-)

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 02-15-2014, 01:49 AM

Thank u girls:-)
Gudluck
Old 03-19-2014, 07:00 PM
11 yrs solid

Does anybody know what days of the week are scheduled for Family Visiting? And also, do they have cable tv/radio? Are the units decent on the inside? Thx!!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtsBaby
Does anybody know what days of the week are scheduled for Family Visiting? And also, do they have cable tv/radio? Are the units decent on the inside? Thx!!!!
Usually I will get there Saturday morning and leave Monday morning. If I tell them during the week, I get in Tuesday morning and leave Thursday morning. One time I did get scheduled Thursday morning and left Saturday morning. They have a few channels that the prisoners get but it's not cable. They have a DVD player so you can take movies but they have to be brand new with the seals on them. They do have a radio. The place is decent but when we get there my husband always cleans the house because it is always dirty.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 PM
11 yrs solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpRuNg oN HiM View Post
Usually I will get there Saturday morning and leave Monday morning. If I tell them during the week, I get in Tuesday morning and leave Thursday morning. One time I did get scheduled Thursday morning and left Saturday morning. They have a few channels that the prisoners get but it's not cable. They have a DVD player so you can take movies but they have to be brand new with the seals on them. They do have a radio. The place is decent but when we get there my husband always cleans the house because it is always dirty.

Ook. Great!!! Thank you so much.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:19 PM

I have a question. After I get married how long after do I have to wait to apply for family visits? And what's the process and how long does it take?? Thanx (;
Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 AM
11 yrs solid

Has anyone received a Family Visit in the last 3 months? Y. Moreno, the assigned FV coordinator is playing games w/ the apps. Saying that they are pushed back becuz of the LD. They are breaking all the rules at this jacked up prison.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:08 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtsBaby View Post
Has anyone received a Family Visit in the last 3 months? Y. Moreno, the assigned FV coordinator is playing games w/ the apps. Saying that they are pushed back becuz of the LD. They are breaking all the rules at this jacked up prison.
We recieved ours in May. The one before May was 6 months before that. But right now we are having to wait for the application pack it. They will not give it to my husbad until they come off lock down. We was up for 6 days then they put B back down. SMH. The only thing I can suggest to you is righting the Warden a professional letter and sending it through certified mail having them sign for it. Then if you don't get a response on 2nd week contact the Ombudsman. Have you recieved your Family Visit Date yet? At K.V.S.P. makes me aggervated due to the fact every other prison in Cali you can make your next appointment when you are leaving the prison after your family visit. It is 1 every quarter unless a lock down. Then at those prisons you call in as soon as they get off lock down and they will give you a date right then.....you don't have to reapply every single time. The only way you have to reapply at other prisons is if your man catchs a serious write up and looses family visiting privilages for 6 months. I'm right there with you aggervated at this place! It is like they are upset that this FV even exist so they prolong it for as long as possible. SMH Hope it gets better.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:31 AM
11 yrs solid

I actually miss Corcoran. When he was there we would get them every 90 days faithfully. No issues/No problems. Actually they rarely was ever on LD. This prison is b.s. They make up their own rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
We recieved ours in May. The one before May was 6 months before that. But right now we are having to wait for the application pack it. They will not give it to my husbad until they come off lock down. We was up for 6 days then they put B back down. SMH. The only thing I can suggest to you is righting the Warden a professional letter and sending it through certified mail having them sign for it. Then if you don't get a response on 2nd week contact the Ombudsman. Have you recieved your Family Visit Date yet? At K.V.S.P. makes me aggervated due to the fact every other prison in Cali you can make your next appointment when you are leaving the prison after your family visit. It is 1 every quarter unless a lock down. Then at those prisons you call in as soon as they get off lock down and they will give you a date right then.....you don't have to reapply every single time. The only way you have to reapply at other prisons is if your man catchs a serious write up and looses family visiting privilages for 6 months. I'm right there with you aggervated at this place! It is like they are upset that this FV even exist so they prolong it for as long as possible. SMH Hope it gets better.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:01 AM

[quote=DirtsBaby;7338926]Has anyone received a Family Visit in the last 3 months? Y. Moreno, the assigned FV coordinator is playing games w/ the apps. Saying that they are pushed back becuz of the LD. They are breaking all the rules at this jacked up prison.[/QUOT

Its nt y.moreno my two last fv have bn three month apart there's a new coordinator who doesnt know what his doing. We had our last visit the third week of may n my husband tryed to reappy last month n h/ she wouldnt send him the packet thats there was many packets he/she had to go tho to reapply next month so my husband keep bugging n bugging n bugging explaining to him the process n to ask moreno if that wasnt the way it went cuz thats nt the way it wrked with moreno till he sent him the packet so now Philips is trying to tell my husband he has to get cleared by cc1 again...so my hhusband wrote him bak n said thats nt the way it wrked that it hadn't been a year to get to go tho cc1 again. My husband talk to the counselor n explained wat was going on n she said she would email Phillips letting him/ her know that its after a year they gotta get clear tho the counselor again so lets see wat happens this week coming up. I hope we get our next fv date soon!
Goodluck

Last edited by maritorres; 07-13-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-13-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I actually miss Corcoran. When he was there we would get them every 90 days faithfully. No issues/No problems. Actually they rarely was ever on LD. This prison is b.s. They make up their own rules.
Yep I have to agree with you on this! They forsure make their own rules up.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:51 PM

[quote=maritorres;7339799]
Quote:
Has anyone received a Family Visit in the last 3 months? Y. Moreno, the assigned FV coordinator is playing games w/ the apps. Saying that they are pushed back becuz of the LD. They are breaking all the rules at this jacked up prison.[/QUOT

Its nt y.moreno my two last fv have bn three month apart there's a new coordinator who doesnt know what his doing. We had our last visit the third week of may n my husband tryed to reappy last month n h/ she wouldnt send him the packet thats there was many packets he/she had to go tho to reapply next month so my husband keep bugging n bugging n bugging explaining to him the process n to ask moreno if that wasnt the way it went cuz thats nt the way it wrked with moreno till he sent him the packet so now Philips is trying to tell my husband he has to get cleared by cc1 again...so my hhusband wrote him bak n said thats nt the way it wrked that it hadn't been a year to get to go tho cc1 again. My husband talk to the counselor n explained wat was going on n she said she would email Phillips letting him/ her know that its after a year they gotta get clear tho the counselor again so lets see wat happens this week coming up. I hope we get our next fv date soon!
Goodluck
O....this is so aggravating! my husband can't even get a response back about needing an application. I don't understand why he has to fill out the application every single time just to be able to get a Family Visiting Date! I think all we should have to fill out is the grocery list, release of money........the family members are already on the list of who is allowed to come for family visit. Why do they make it so hard. 1st have to wait 30 days from the last family visit before we can request another family visit. Finally when they do give him the application is usually 2 weeks later before he gets it.....Then he fills it out that same night and send it in that same night So the next day it is floating through the mail system.........then we have to wait again for the Family Visiting Officer to tell us what date and they send it back to us again.....smh.....
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 PM

OMGoodness.....I finally got to speak to the Family Visiting Officer today. He of course gave the run around about how he can't remember if he sent my husband an application to receive another Family Visiting Date. And then he goes to tell me my husband probably turned it in too early from last visit or turned it in during the lock down. I told him I know for a fact my husband didn't turn it in during the lock down because he knows better then to ask for it while being on lock down and when they finally got off lock down it was after 30 days from our last Family Visit Date. SMH they act like they don't even care. Then he tried to tell me it take about 10 days from it to get from the unit to the Family Visiting Mailbox. Then he said once he gets it in his mailbox (he only works Saturday, Sunday - Mail doesn't run, and Mon. Tues. & Wed. .........he works. So if he gets a chance and gets the application out by Monday then it's about Thursday or the next following Monday when my husband can get it. If he gets it in the mail on Wednesday then consider Fri. Sat. Sun. as wash days because mail don't run then either......so he might get it by the following Wednesday. So pretty much for the family application to get to the Family Visiting Officer from the unit anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks (smh) and then after the Family Visiting Officer gets it and has time to do his part it takes about another week before it gets back to the unit. So what that is like 3 weeks just right there..........REALLY!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
OMGoodness.....I finally got to speak to the Family Visiting Officer today. He of course gave the run around about how he can't remember if he sent my husband an application to receive another Family Visiting Date. And then he goes to tell me my husband probably turned it in too early from last visit or turned it in during the lock down. I told him I know for a fact my husband didn't turn it in during the lock down because he knows better then to ask for it while being on lock down and when they finally got off lock down it was after 30 days from our last Family Visit Date. SMH they act like they don't even care. Then he tried to tell me it take about 10 days from it to get from the unit to the Family Visiting Mailbox. Then he said once he gets it in his mailbox (he only works Saturday, Sunday - Mail doesn't run, and Mon. Tues. & Wed. .........he works. So if he gets a chance and gets the application out by Monday then it's about Thursday or the next following Monday when my husband can get it. If he gets it in the mail on Wednesday then consider Fri. Sat. Sun. as wash days because mail don't run then either......so he might get it by the following Wednesday. So pretty much for the family application to get to the Family Visiting Officer from the unit anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks (smh) and then after the Family Visiting Officer gets it and has time to do his part it takes about another week before it gets back to the unit. So what that is like 3 weeks just right there..........REALLY!!!!!!

That's bs......i think his just being lazy...bt my husband stays on him so lets see wat happens....goodluck girl
T_LovesHim100% (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
That's bs......i think his just being lazy...bt my husband stays on him so lets see wat happens....goodluck girl
yep good luck to u too!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 PM

Hi ladies
For those of you that have had a family visit.. What are the rooms like? What all is available? TV? Utensils? Knives? Stove? Microwave? Blender?
I may sound silly but just want to get an idea .. Were requesting one and I kinda want to be prepped on what to expect ��

Thank you in advance