Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
Yeah sounds to me like the Family Coordinator is just trying to make it hard for anyone to get a family visit. Smh.......I think I am going to write a certified letter to the Warden again about this situation. We shouldn't have to beg for what we have coming. They want our guys to follow rules but they can't even follow their own rules that is in title 15. smh

Got to talk to my husband today n i believe he told me he talked to the sargent n the sargent pretty much told him if he dont withdrawal thd 602 for fv that they would make it harder for us to get our visits n the my husband is lucky he has had two visits there when he shouldn't have cuz ssupposedly they had no idk wat on his file. I forgot wat he said it was...bt my husband went on n told him that he would withdraw it tht he hd already sent the counselor the paperwork to get reapproved.n he told him as soon as he gets the papers we would get a date!!!! Thats bs i told him he should have just went on with the 602 bt he ready want a visit specially now that im pregnant! !!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 09:48 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritorres View Post
Got to talk to my husband today n i believe he told me he talked to the sargent n the sargent pretty much told him if he dont withdrawal thd 602 for fv that they would make it harder for us to get our visits n the my husband is lucky he has had two visits there when he shouldn't have cuz ssupposedly they had no idk wat on his file. I forgot wat he said it was...bt my husband went on n told him that he would withdraw it tht he hd already sent the counselor the paperwork to get reapproved.n he told him as soon as he gets the papers we would get a date!!!! Thats bs i told him he should have just went on with the 602 bt he ready want a visit specially now that im pregnant! !!!

OMgoodness girl! That is so ridiculous. I would contact the Ombudsman about this situation if I was you. They can't go around trying to blackmail or bullying people that is not right! And the Ombudsman can tell you if he does have something on his records right now that is disqualifying him for family visits. If yawl don't do something now then every time yawl go to get another appointment the Family Visting Staff could cause you headaches behind this.....
Here is the contact again.
Gabriel Vela
Ombudsman

Gabriel.Vela@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 323-2994
•Kern Valley State Prison

I do understand what your husband is saying though. My husband is the same way. He would rather just let it be then push for the rules because they are the ones who live behind those walls and have to deal with the repercussions from the staff. Smh that is just not right!
Congrats on the baby!

Old 08-12-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:

OMgoodness girl! That is so ridiculous. I would contact the Ombudsman about this situation if I was you. They can't go around trying to blackmail or bullying people that is not right! And the Ombudsman can tell you if he does have something on his records right now that is disqualifying him for family visits. If yawl don't do something now then every time yawl go to get another appointment the Family Visting Staff could cause you headaches behind this.....
Here is the contact again.
Gabriel Vela
Ombudsman

Gabriel.Vela@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 323-2994
•Kern Valley State Prison

I do understand what your husband is saying though. My husband is the same way. He would rather just let it be then push for the rules because they are the ones who live behind those walls and have to deal with the repercussions from the staff. Smh that is just not right!
Congrats on the baby!

Yes i think thats wat ima do bt ima talk abt it with my husband tomorrow when he calls me. N thanks girl:-)
Old 08-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,632 Times in 8,019 Posts

I caught a letter today from my guy and he mentioned that he was told that there is an every hour on the hour call (in place of regular count?) during a FV. He joked that he was glad he didn't plan on sleeping anyway.

Is that really how it is?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:48 PM

[quote=miamac;7354176]I caught a letter today from my guy and he mentioned that he was told that there is an every hour on the hour call (in place of regular count?) during a FV. He joked that he was glad he didn't plan on sleeping anyway.

Is that really how it is?[/quote

I can't remember if its every hour or every 2 hours.....but its like 400 or 430 pm then I think 8 or 9pm. Then midnight n either ever hour or every 2 hours after that. I can tell u forsure tomorrow when I wake up.
The Following User Says Thank You to T_LovesHim100% For This Useful Post:
miamac (08-23-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 04:34 PM

Maybe y'all have seen this, dunno. It's a YT video that shows a KVSP couple preparing for their family visit. Cool to get an idea of how it works (um, up to the point the door is closed and you're alone), if you haven't been there.

I can't get the post to not actually embed the video, but instead post a link. Is this OK, to have a video run in a post? Can't otherwise list it as plain text or hyperlink.

The Following User Says Thank You to thingsnotseen For This Useful Post:
miamac (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Site Moderator

If anyone knows where to find that whole episode (season 2, episode 1) I'd like to know. I used to be able to find it on YT, but not for a while.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2014, 01:57 PM

Ladies,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I did donate 8 more DVD's and 1 DVD Player on this recent family visit. I also would like to mention that please remember these family visiting apartments are for "us" for "wife, the loved one incarcerated, and the children." NOT THE POLICE..... With saying this.....please remember when you are on the family visit, Please treat all items in the apartment with respect as if it was your own property and your own money who paid for it. And if you are one of those types of persons that doesn't keep your belongings like new, well please take the time to treat the family visiting items as new as possible. We....the families who visit....are the ones spending our own money to provide items for the apartments to help make the visit as normal home environment as possible for everyone to enjoy who gets the privilege of beginning able to participate in family visiting program. Also.....every time at the beginning, during, and especially before I leave the family visit departing my husband.....we make sure to get up early and clean the whole apartment really good. Please be considerate of the next family who will be using this apartment and clean up after yourselves. Leaving a family visiting apartment with hair everywhere, eating utensils have dry food left on them, counters have food left on them, bar soaps-used bar soaps......if you are not taking them with you through them away. And there shouldn't be any hair in a refrigerator, just saying! SO please make sure you and yours pick up after yourself. I know me and mines will always clean the apartment first thing we do.......BUT to have to spend extra time because it was left in gross conditions is ridiculous! There is a big difference in wiping everything down and having to scrub for hours......if you make a mess clean it up right then instead of waiting hours later and taking longer to clean up.

I am not rich. I work really hard for my money that I do have. I don't mind helping donate here and there. But I want to be able to see that others enjoy using the stuff I donate instead of coming back and seeing the stuff I donate tore up, barely working, cd's all scratched up, dvd's scratched up, lent built up and left all in fans, or cooking utensils melted.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T_LovesHim100% For This Useful Post:
bizzybeth (10-08-2014), maritorres (10-12-2014), miamac (10-04-2014), ShellyUK (10-04-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 10:06 AM

Does anyone know if THU inmates recieve family visits? Thank You
Old 11-04-2014, 01:33 AM
In love A&J

Quote:
Ladies,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I did donate 8 more DVD's and 1 DVD Player on this recent family visit. I also would like to mention that please remember these family visiting apartments are for "us" for "wife, the loved one incarcerated, and the children." NOT THE POLICE..... With saying this.....please remember when you are on the family visit, Please treat all items in the apartment with respect as if it was your own property and your own money who paid for it. And if you are one of those types of persons that doesn't keep your belongings like new, well please take the time to treat the family visiting items as new as possible. We....the families who visit....are the ones spending our own money to provide items for the apartments to help make the visit as normal home environment as possible for everyone to enjoy who gets the privilege of beginning able to participate in family visiting program. Also.....every time at the beginning, during, and especially before I leave the family visit departing my husband.....we make sure to get up early and clean the whole apartment really good. Please be considerate of the next family who will be using this apartment and clean up after yourselves. Leaving a family visiting apartment with hair everywhere, eating utensils have dry food left on them, counters have food left on them, bar soaps-used bar soaps......if you are not taking them with you through them away. And there shouldn't be any hair in a refrigerator, just saying! SO please make sure you and yours pick up after yourself. I know me and mines will always clean the apartment first thing we do.......BUT to have to spend extra time because it was left in gross conditions is ridiculous! There is a big difference in wiping everything down and having to scrub for hours......if you make a mess clean it up right then instead of waiting hours later and taking longer to clean up.

I am not rich. I work really hard for my money that I do have. I don't mind helping donate here and there. But I want to be able to see that others enjoy using the stuff I donate instead of coming back and seeing the stuff I donate tore up, barely working, cd's all scratched up, dvd's scratched up, lent built up and left all in fans, or cooking utensils melted.....
Thank you, I am just at marriage pkt status, and if it wasnt for this site I would be even more stuck on the steps to take to ensure not one thing is off .. but I hope to b at family visit soon and its like u said for everyone to enjoy and respect .. One question what if the crime is assult w/dw?
Old 11-05-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In love A&J View Post
Thank you, I am just at marriage pkt status, and if it wasnt for this site I would be even more stuck on the steps to take to ensure not one thing is off .. but I hope to b at family visit soon and its like u said for everyone to enjoy and respect .. One question what if the crime is assult w/dw?
What's dw?
Old 11-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Account Closed

DW, dangerous weapon. Just guessing :-)
Old 11-15-2014, 03:13 PM
11 yrs solid

Just went on my FV a couple days ago. Had a great visit. Whomever left the "Notebook" dvd in unit #1, thanx for making me cry, cry, cry. Lol!!! I've had FV's at 5 other facilities, & by far this was the best. The unit is somewhat up-to-date than other prisons. And for the ladies that inquired, count times are 4pm • 9pm • 12am • 2am • 5am.
miamac (11-15-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 11:50 AM

FINALLY GOT OUR NEXT DATE SINCE MAY LAST THURSDAY!!! FIVE MORE DAY
The Following User Says Thank You to maritorres For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2014, 11:09 PM

K
Quote:
Well thank goodness! It took long enough! N p.s. I was starting to think u disappeared, good to hear from u again Maritorres!
The Following User Says Thank You to T_LovesHim100% For This Useful Post:
maritorres (02-25-2015)
Old 12-21-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
yay!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1Ofakind!! For This Useful Post:
Donna May (01-20-2015), maritorres (02-27-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 11:52 PM

Hubby called me today n told me we got our next fv in 3 weeks =-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maritorres For This Useful Post:
miamac (02-27-2015), thingsnotseen (02-27-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 06:37 PM

Does anyone know if you still get ur Fv if their on LD???
Old 03-23-2015, 05:12 PM

Default fv while on lockdown no

Quote:
Does anyone know if you still get ur Fv if their on LD???
Not usually......
Sorry.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:09 PM

Default .

Does anyone know when Philips comes back from vacation??? we're waiting to get our next fv date, we'll b going on 3 months since our last one...

Last edited by maritorres; 06-13-2015 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-24-2015, 09:41 PM

Does anyone else have to get reapproved for visits with the new coordinator???Philips had told us we were good till next year so nw Vera comes at us with this when Philips first come in he made us get reapproved we waited abt 6 months before we got a date n nw we have to do it all over???-_-
Old 06-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Does anyone else have to get reapproved for visits with the new coordinator???Philips had told us we were good till next year so nw Vera comes at us with this when Philips first come in he made us get reapproved we waited abt 6 months before we got a date n nw we have to do it all over???-_-
Uff. That doesn't sound cool at all. This isn't really an answer to your question but my husband has been trying to get a packet to apply (first time) since March. Finally heard back from new coordinator Vera this week and the process for getting it has changed as well as the packet itself. I'm wondering if that's why they're making you reapply? Still...super lame.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Uff. That doesn't sound cool at all. This isn't really an answer to your question but my husband has been trying to get a packet to apply (first time) since March. Finally heard back from new coordinator Vera this week and the process for getting it has changed as well as the packet itself. I'm wondering if that's why they're making you reapply? Still...super lame.
Ya Phillips told us he was making changes to the packets in March when we had our last fv and that visits would probably get pushed back a little longer cuz everyone is requesting visits on weekends n everyone had to get the new packets to fill out now. we told him we would take weekdays n he said OK n nw we get this with this with the new coordinator. Well at least the processed has began Vera said the packet has been sent to his counselor already n His counselor said as soon has she receives it she'll sign it off n send it to the captain to get it sign off, that she don't know why Vera doing that since it shows on the computer that his OK for fvs. So let's see what happens...

Last edited by maritorres; 06-25-2015 at 10:20 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to maritorres For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-26-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Site Moderator

I'm glad to hear they're offering weekday FVs! I was told it was only weekends and I would prefer during the week. Hope your paperwork moves quickly!
Old 06-26-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I'm glad to hear they're offering weekday FVs! I was told it was only weekends and I would prefer during the week. Hope your paperwork moves quickly!
Thank you 😉