Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Deuel Vocational Institution, located in Tracy, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2012, 04:10 PM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,285
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default DVI Visitation & Dress Code Thread

If itís about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here.
This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.
__________________
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
loving<3Him4eva (12-26-2012)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 PM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Hi everyone..sorry if im asking so many questions! I've read and read through the DVI thread and still have a few questions so I apologize if im repeating any.

My husband will be on his was to DVI from Folsom tomorrow~I see that when he goes through reception/orientation I will need to make an apt for a screen visit.. And when he mainlines do I still need to make an apt for visits? Is visiting usually crowded? How are the co's? I know the general dress code rules but are they extra strick with them? Is there assigned seating? Is there change machines in the processing center?
Any answers will help soooo much!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 PM
x323x's Avatar
x323x x323x is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montebello, Ca
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

i have only been there once & the co's seemed cool..there are change machines, no appt needed for mainline
__________________
Soon we will have our happily ever after!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x323x View Post
i have only been there once & the co's seemed cool..there are change machines, no appt needed for mainline
Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
x323x's Avatar
x323x x323x is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montebello, Ca
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Ur welcome ....
__________________
Soon we will have our happily ever after!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 AM
ladii_luck's Avatar
ladii_luck ladii_luck is offline
PlayingTheWaitingGame
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 758
Thanks: 51
Thanked 263 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Just to add to the answers provided...

Visiting is often crowded. Many weekends visits get terminated (first in first out) but I haven't noticed as many terminations the past few weekends. The seating is assigned by the CO at the podium. Personally I think some COs are better than others - some are super strict and others you forget are there. Same with the dress code - it depends on who's processing and the week. I have worn something one day and then been told I can't wear it a month later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916 View Post
Hi everyone..sorry if im asking so many questions! I've read and read through the DVI thread and still have a few questions so I apologize if im repeating any.

My husband will be on his was to DVI from Folsom tomorrow~I see that when he goes through reception/orientation I will need to make an apt for a screen visit.. And when he mainlines do I still need to make an apt for visits? Is visiting usually crowded? How are the co's? I know the general dress code rules but are they extra strick with them? Is there assigned seating? Is there change machines in the processing center?
Any answers will help soooo much!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladii_luck View Post
Just to add to the answers provided...

Visiting is often crowded. Many weekends visits get terminated (first in first out) but I haven't noticed as many terminations the past few weekends. The seating is assigned by the CO at the podium. Personally I think some COs are better than others - some are super strict and others you forget are there. Same with the dress code - it depends on who's processing and the week. I have worn something one day and then been told I can't wear it a month later.
Thank you so much for the insight! I really appreciate it! I just called and found out that he mainlined so im going to try to visit this weekend. If I get there around 10am do you think I could stay all day? Generally how long does is take to be processed in?

Oh! I was gonna ask..are you allowed to sit next to eachother? Do they allow hand holding? Are we allowed to walk around together and go to the vending machines? Lol at Folsom they allowed us to roam free lol so I just want to make sure we arent going to get terminated on our very first visit there LOL

Thanks again!
__________________



Last edited by MrsMoran916; 01-23-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 PM
ladii_luck's Avatar
ladii_luck ladii_luck is offline
PlayingTheWaitingGame
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 758
Thanks: 51
Thanked 263 Times in 202 Posts
Default

You should be okay getting there at 10 to stay for the rest of the day. I have waited 10 minutes to be processed and I have waited 2 hours but those are the extremes so you can usually expect about 35 min to an hour. You can sit next to each other and hold hands. You can both walk to the vending machines - he just has to stay behind the yellow lines.

I understand! It's hard when you're used to one place and they get transferred and you have no idea what you're walking into

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916 View Post
Thank you so much for the insight! I really appreciate it! I just called and found out that he mainlined so im going to try to visit this weekend. If I get there around 10am do you think I could stay all day? Generally how long does is take to be processed in?

Oh! I was gonna ask..are you allowed to sit next to eachother? Do they allow hand holding? Are we allowed to walk around together and go to the vending machines? Lol at Folsom they allowed us to roam free lol so I just want to make sure we arent going to get terminated on our very first visit there LOL

Thanks again!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladii_luck View Post
You should be okay getting there at 10 to stay for the rest of the day. I have waited 10 minutes to be processed and I have waited 2 hours but those are the extremes so you can usually expect about 35 min to an hour. You can sit next to each other and hold hands. You can both walk to the vending machines - he just has to stay behind the yellow lines.

I understand! It's hard when you're used to one place and they get transferred and you have no idea what you're walking into
Yes! I feel like a little lost puppy dog LOL

Thank you for your help! I think im going to try to be there by 10 and hope for an all day visit as long as I get to see him I will be a happy girl

Im sure I will have more questions before the weekend so I apoligize in advance! Lol

One just came to mind! Lol Do they allow you to bring in clear coin purses for the change? And does the change machine give dollar coins or just quarters?

Would you happen to know how often family visits are?

I swear im not usually this annoying with questions haha thanks AGAIN!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
x323x's Avatar
x323x x323x is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montebello, Ca
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

For me I get to stay the entire visit because I'm coming from L.A. & don't visit often....when I went they have 2 change machines...the one I used gave me quarters & the one my mother in law used gave her dollar coins..lol....clear purse is ok
__________________
Soon we will have our happily ever after!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to x323x For This Useful Post:
MrsMoran916 (01-25-2013)
  #11  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Hi Happy Friday everyone! I have another question lol I was reading through the threads and it said there is NO gray allowed at DVI. Does that apply to gray jeans too?

Thanks
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM
ladii_luck's Avatar
ladii_luck ladii_luck is offline
PlayingTheWaitingGame
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 758
Thanks: 51
Thanked 263 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Gray jeans are okay. I'd never seen that gray wasn't allowed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916 View Post
Hi Happy Friday everyone! I have another question lol I was reading through the threads and it said there is NO gray allowed at DVI. Does that apply to gray jeans too?

Thanks
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM
08unbreakable14's Avatar
08unbreakable14 08unbreakable14 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: california,USA
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916
Hi Happy Friday everyone! I have another question lol I was reading through the threads and it said there is NO gray allowed at DVI. Does that apply to gray jeans too?

Thanks
I have yet to vista DVI but from my MILs point of view it was extremely laid back she went before all of us to see how it would be for our son
__________________
WOULDN'T IT BE CUTE IF YOU STOLE MY HEART AND I STOLE YOUR LAST NAME
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Thank you all for the help! I went today and OMG I have NO idea why I was so stressed out about the dress code! I seen all kinds of stuff being allowed in lol I would also like to add that the co's are very nice and helpful! You never know what to expect when you are going to a new prison but they were all great! Made things so much more relaxing
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-27-2013, 02:58 AM
08unbreakable14's Avatar
08unbreakable14 08unbreakable14 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: california,USA
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916
Thank you all for the help! I went today and OMG I have NO idea why I was so stressed out about the dress code! I seen all kinds of stuff being allowed in lol I would also like to add that the co's are very nice and helpful! You never know what to expect when you are going to a new prison but they were all great! Made things so much more relaxing
I'm glad you had a good vista. Kinda jealous we can't go until summer
__________________
WOULDN'T IT BE CUTE IF YOU STOLE MY HEART AND I STOLE YOUR LAST NAME
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Ayden&jaelyn Ayden&jaelyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California, kings county
Posts: 18
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

When visiting someone can i wear black leggings
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 AM
x323x's Avatar
x323x x323x is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montebello, Ca
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

At DVI....do u ladies wear a regular bra without the underwire or just wear a sports bra?
__________________
Soon we will have our happily ever after!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Ayden&jaelyn Ayden&jaelyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California, kings county
Posts: 18
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by x323x View Post
At DVI....do u ladies wear a regular bra without the underwire or just wear a sports bra?






I wore a wireless bra from victoria Secret
And i wore black tights too!!
This is my third visit and i have not had any problems with my clothing

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Hi can someone please tell me how to get a picture in visiting? Do we buy the ducket or do the guys?

Thanks so much!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
x323x's Avatar
x323x x323x is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montebello, Ca
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916 View Post
Hi can someone please tell me how to get a picture in visiting? Do we buy the ducket or do the guys?

Thanks so much!
when u go to get ur assigned table let them know u want to take pics...they will call u back up to pay ($2) when they are ready..they give u a card to hold onto, u take the pic, & when ur pic is ready they call u back up
__________________
Soon we will have our happily ever after!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to x323x For This Useful Post:
HIS_ONE_FOREVER (03-28-2013)
  #21  
Old 03-14-2013, 03:49 PM
MrsMoran916's Avatar
MrsMoran916 MrsMoran916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In his heart, CA. USA
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 758
Thanked 436 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x323x View Post
when u go to get ur assigned table let them know u want to take pics...they will call u back up to pay ($2) when they are ready..they give u a card to hold onto, u take the pic, & when ur pic is ready they call u back up
Got it! Thanks so much!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 PM
x323x's Avatar
x323x x323x is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montebello, Ca
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Your welcome
__________________
Soon we will have our happily ever after!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
x323x's Avatar
x323x x323x is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montebello, Ca
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

is there ac in the visiting rooms?...and do they turn them on?...lol
__________________
Soon we will have our happily ever after!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
SecondDayLeo SecondDayLeo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 159
Thanks: 97
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x323x View Post
is there ac in the visiting rooms?...and do they turn them on?...lol
Not central A/C they have fans.....they do turn them on but it still gets kind of hot. Depends on where you sit.

Last edited by SecondDayLeo; 05-08-2013 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: forget to add answer to her question
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SecondDayLeo For This Useful Post:
x323x (05-08-2013)
  #25  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:29 PM
msjl29 msjl29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ca,usa
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

dvi visiting is coo.im just glad I got to see my husband for the last month every weekend it feels good to visit with my baby. does any one know how the marriage stuff works? at ccc thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSP Visitation & Dress Code Thread traviesita Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 246 04-01-2019 03:54 PM
ASP Visitation & Dress Code Q&A traviesita Avenal State Prison (ASP) - California 121 03-09-2019 08:31 PM
ISP Visitation & Dress Code Thread MrsKclark Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California 231 02-22-2019 01:03 PM
SCC Visitation & Dress Code Thread traviesita Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California 127 01-03-2019 06:43 AM
FSP Visitation & Dress Code Thread traviesita Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California 31 10-17-2017 12:03 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics