Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
So did they put up signs of these new rules or Do they just expect us to know them like they expect us to know every time the.dress code changes? Lol
LOL, yeah I hear you most of the time the visiting CO's don't know of the changes themselves I agree they need to post these things online and in the visiting room!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis9700 View Post
I was there this Sunday, Checking in was redicules this time because to make things as simple as I can I take Black jeans and the top I was wearing was grey. Now it was loose around the waist but a little sung around the boobbies but that was about the same as almost every one going in but according to the CO my jeans and top were to form fitting..... Jeans I've taken many many times, well he made me chance my top and at least didn't push it on my jeans. In my yard as soon as I got in the CO, he made a point of making sure I understode the one kiss at start and end and only holding hands and that they are kicking people out that are not following the rules, and told me they were making sure the guys were being told the same thing right before they came out. He was cool about it and at the end of the day he's doing his job but they are following the rules to the T.. I had an amazing visit and was grateful that I was with him. It's like they say appreciate what you have and not suffer for what you don't..
yeah, I was there this weekend too. They other CO's I had never seen before on Saturday? It was backed up cause they were sending people left and right , it sucked. I heared them say that they if you changed you have to wait to be called again (even if they put you in that "went to change pile") your wasting all that time for visit!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 PM

We endure much to visit our LO following the guideline, etc...(even though it is ALL worth it in the end because we see our LO) the least they can do out of policy and consideration is POST any and all changes to the requirements of visiting! It costs us our time for visiting and holds up the processing because they are processing people twice, if not 3 times (Refusing you after the 3rd attempt?). All of which could of been avoided prior to coming? Holding up everyone else that is waiting. Not even the CO's are up to date with the rules some are (not all) are just as frustrated. Go figure.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 PM

Default black jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJD View Post
Thanks for the info. Sounds just like the last time I visited. I wore black jeans, the same ones I've worn before ( AND I had lost several pounds) and had to go to the stupid trailer. I'm wearing sweats from now on just to save the hassle.

Still no hoods I take it?
What kind of black jeans do you have? All the ones I have see have rivets or some type of metal? Cause it definitely is had to dress cute, even decent at times, its sucks.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Weathering the storm

I had my first visit, Mendez came thru on his word. I didn't have to change & everything went smoothly except when I left. I forgot my dang slip, I didn't know I had to keep it for the duration on my time there. So they kinda slowed me up at the end but other than that I was so happy my outfit was approved! It was SO good seeing my LO. But ummmmm can I just add that the food is SO overpriced. $5 for 2 burritos? O-M-G! LOL Also, I had no idea they took away the outside privelege, you can't even get in the sunlight!

Genuine friends are there to hold you down & weather the storm.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarlemsHart For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (02-25-2013), Malicastillo530 (02-28-2013), WJD (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Love Mi Guerito! 02/08/10

There are two remaining appointments for march 2nd at 1030 am.saturday... If anyone wants them. I just canceled them.
.Love Is Never Easy and Distance Doesnít Make It Any Easier; by Any Means but, It Does Make You Realize What You Want, What You Need and Most Importantly Realizing That One Person You Don't Mind Missing, Because Its the One Person You Cant Live Without.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned

They are stretch jeans with the stretch waist no metal. I wore them with boots pulled over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacola4kris View Post
What kind of black jeans do you have? All the ones I have see have rivets or some type of metal? Cause it definitely is had to dress cute, even decent at times, its sucks.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 PM

Default how do you set a visit for somebody thats in a ad-seg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternity<3 TQM! View Post
There are two remaining appointments for march 2nd at 1030 am.saturday... If anyone wants them. I just canceled them.
how do you set a visit for somebody thats in a ad-seg i guess he can get a glass visit i tried calling a number they gave me but only a machine answers
Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Weathering the storm

Call this # Mon-fri from 7-8 am or 12-1PM to set an appt. or go online at the cdcr site and look for Vpass. 661-720-4952.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suatdog1 View Post
how do you set a visit for somebody thats in a ad-seg i guess he can get a glass visit i tried calling a number they gave me but only a machine answers

Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Banned

I just canceled my appointment for this Sunday at 10:30 if someone wants to go get it.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Cujo0626

Had and amazing visit, but no kidding on the food price chance. My eyes are not so good any more so I thought I was seeing wrong , but nope everything is $5.00. ok so the price goes up who do we complain with so we can take more money... $5 for two little milks, I can get a gallon of milk for that..
Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM

Has anyone gotten a VPass appt for the 16th? I watched it like a hawk yesterday and was finally able to see the 16th available about 8pm last night, only it is saying there are no appts available for a group of 1 on that date. I know appointments go fast, but not that fast, lol.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisSugarPie View Post
Has anyone gotten a VPass appt for the 16th? I watched it like a hawk yesterday and was finally able to see the 16th available about 8pm last night, only it is saying there are no appts available for a group of 1 on that date. I know appointments go fast, but not that fast, lol.
I made my appointment for the 16th right at 8:00pm on Sunday. By the time I l logged out and back in, in my friends name to make her an appointment, the visits were almost all yahweh. I had to select an hr later visit. The visits go quick from what I see.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Ladies hope everyone who visited this past weekend had a great one! I definitely did!

Processing was not cool lol they have gotten even MORE strict on there own little individual rules.

My STAY was worse than process. All I got to say and would like to share with you ladies is to not even consider staying at "TRAVEL INN" thats right on Cecil. Especially if you have kids coming with you-not safe.

ROACHES EVERYWHERE. From adult to Babies!
Definitely got my money back even though I was there for about 6 hours before realizing this so late at night.
Paid 10$ more at another -CLEANER place! With it.

image-1797214571.jpg

Hope the picture helps you to decide not to stay at this place.
.Love Is Never Easy and Distance Doesnít Make It Any Easier; by Any Means but, It Does Make You Realize What You Want, What You Need and Most Importantly Realizing That One Person You Don't Mind Missing, Because Its the One Person You Cant Live Without.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity<3 TQM! For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Weathering the storm

Thanks for the tip! I have a question on the way to the prison, I want to say past bakersfield there is always a sign that say vegabaugn or something for $35 does anyone know the exact name of that place and where it's exactly located? How much are the rooms on cecil?

Quote:
Ladies hope everyone who visited this past weekend had a great one! I definitely did!

Processing was not cool lol they have gotten even MORE strict on there own little individual rules.

My STAY was worse than process. All I got to say and would like to share with you ladies is to not even consider staying at "TRAVEL INN" thats right on Cecil. Especially if you have kids coming with you-not safe.

Definitely got my money back even though I was there for about 6 hours before realizing this so late at night.

Attachment 70706

Old 03-12-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:

Attachment 70706

Wow I didn't know they could get stricter!! Lol. That sucks!! What are they're new rules?

Omg!! That's disgusting!! I've heard bad things about that place but that's definitely the worst!! Yuck!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 PM

Ewwww. Roaches? Disgusting! Definitely not going to go their this weekend. Thanks for the warning
Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 AM

Hey chicas! I don't know what hotel that one could be? Sorry. Check reviews before getting a room. That would have helped me and my friend this weekend lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsHart
Thanks for the tip! I have a question on the way to the prison, I want to say past bakersfield there is always a sign that say vegabaugn or something for $35 does anyone know the exact name of that place and where it's exactly located? How much are the rooms on cecil?
Yea they got even more!! Lol they're tripping on how "form fitting" jeans are now!! I had to go change my jeans and I was almost in tears because the other pair I had was the same size jeans and basically same color and same FITTING!! So whatever I tried and I went in.

But they pick on some girls and others no. But many did get sent back to change because clothes were too tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310

Wow I didn't know they could get stricter!! Lol. That sucks!! What are they're new rules?

Omg!! That's disgusting!! I've heard bad things about that place but that's definitely the worst!! Yuck!

Last edited by Eternity<3 TQM!; 03-13-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Hey chicas! I don't know what hotel that one could be? Sorry. Check reviews before getting a room. That would have helped me and my friend this weekend lol

Yea they got even more!! Lol they're tripping on how "form fitting" jeans are now!! I had to go change my jeans and I was almost in tears because the other pair I had was the same size jeans and basically same color and same FITTING!! So whatever I tried and I went in.

But they pick on some girls and others no. But many did get sent back to change because clothes were too tight.
Wow that's ridiculous. Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna bring two extra change of clothes!! That Eric Estrada wannabe that processes is the worst!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Hahaha I don't know who that one is, but they all are bad at their job. They simply don't know what is their job and how to keep it professional. They EF around way to much with every girl. Anyways your welcome!

I'm not visiting till may, hopefully a lot has calmed down!

Ow yea my babe and I got in it with a co because we took a picture kissing. Lol I guess that's a no-no!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Weathering the storm

I have some cute spring/ summer colored jeans that Id love to wear that aren't tight but I feel like anything that looks stylish they would reject. It's hard to say what is form fitting and what isn't.. esp if you have some meat on ya bones.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 PM

Just got a call from D yard. Everything is running normal
The Following User Says Thank You to trueblue310 For This Useful Post:
cocacola4kris (03-15-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Banned

I feel like the girls with meat on their bones get away with a more form fit then us skinny girls. I don't even get what I see getting through then I get sent to change. Pisses me OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsHart View Post
I have some cute spring/ summer colored jeans that Id love to wear that aren't tight but I feel like anything that looks stylish they would reject. It's hard to say what is form fitting and what isn't.. esp if you have some meat on ya bones.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 PM

Ahhhhhh totally agree! ^^^^^ lol not saying I'm skinny but when I compare myself to the chubby-chika that just slid through with no sucking it in- because her excuse is that she "has meat to fill her pants" is hella bullshiiiieeet! Lol
Anyways whatever. Lol just got to keep taking 3 extra jeans and everything!
The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity<3 TQM! For This Useful Post:
WJD (03-14-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 PM

Any one know if D8 gots their contact visits running this weekend? The cdcr email says to call a number but I cant get through. Thanks in advance.