Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:32 AM

I'm going to visit my man as soon as I'm verified. I've never been to a prison before. How's the procedure when you get there? And why can't you wear blue jeans?!
Oh and he's at GP Unit A-6

Last edited by LaTigresa; 08-05-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTigresa View Post
I'm going to visit my man as soon as I'm verified. I've never been to a prison before. How's the procedure when you get there? And why can't you wear blue jeans?!
Oh and he's at GP Unit A-6
Inmate colors. Go to the website. It's always changing. No under wire bras. No tight clothing. It's a long drive.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbella408 View Post
Hi I was wondering if someone can let me know what the drive is like? I'm going this weekend but will be driving overnight and it will just be me and my daughter. I'm wondering how dangerous the drive near redwood hwy really is.
Thanks
That's a hard drive to be alone. It's very curvy. A lot of big rigs. At night u may have fog as well. It's been 6 yrs I've been going up up there. I'm use to it I'm always the third shift driver. I hope I answered your question. Take care
Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie760 View Post
That's a hard drive to be alone. It's very curvy. A lot of big rigs. At night u may have fog as well. It's been 6 yrs I've been going up up there. I'm use to it I'm always the third shift driver. I hope I answered your question. Take care
Yes you did thank you. Do you know if there is at least a gas station or two in between the trees? I guess I'm just more afraid of driving for 3 hours non stop with out being able to stop. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 AM

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks, Debbie :-)
Yep, it is. First of all a 12 hrs Flight and another 6,5 (?)hrs from San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie760 View Post
Inmate colors. Go to the website. It's always changing. No under wire bras. No tight clothing. It's a long drive.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbella408 View Post
Yes you did thank you. Do you know if there is at least a gas station or two in between the trees? I guess I'm just more afraid of driving for 3 hours non stop with out being able to stop. Thanks!
No there's no gas between it's a straight drive, so you have to gas up before.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:59 PM

Hi,

This summer I`m working here in the U.S. and I have a chance to visit my penpal at Pelican Bay. I would really like to go as I don`t know when I will have an opportunity like this again, but there is a lot that I don`t know and I would like to ask for your help, so my visit can go as smoothly as possible.

I have already received a Visiting Questionnaire, but there are questions I`m not 100% certain what to write to. To the question "Relationship to inmate" is it okay if I write penfriend, or just friend? Also, am I right to think that to my current address I should put the place where I`m working now (and also living), and to my mailing address my actual home address in Hungary? I am unsure about these because by the time I visit my contract here will have already ended. Another thing I have a problem with is the "Home telephone number"; I don`t have one at home, nor do I have one here, so does it mean I should leave it blank or just go ahead and write my cellphone number?

Last but not least I would like to ask how I can arrange my actual trip to the facility, as I can`t drive. I have seen on the internet that many prisons have bus services that pick up the visitors on certain locations and then drop them on the way back; does Pelican Bay have something of this kind?

I apologize for asking so many questions, most probably they are obvious ones, but as I have never done this before I have no way of knowing, and I thought this was a good place to ask.
Thank you in advance
Old 07-09-2016, 03:03 PM

Default Pelican bay shu visits: Contact or Glass? Is there a bus that goes there?

Anyone visiting there loved ones in August? My inmate told me about a bus driving up in August free of charge but not sure? Has anyone heard of this? This would be my first time visiting is it a contact visit or through glass? any info would be appreciated thanks
Old 07-17-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenB'_906 View Post
Anyone visiting there loved ones in August? My inmate told me about a bus driving up in August free of charge but not sure? Has anyone heard of this? This would be my first time visiting is it a contact visit or through glass? any info would be appreciated thanks
I really want to visit by the end of this month or in August!!!! I called a couple of prison family/friend transportation companies and they all said that they do not drive up to pelican bay unless they can get a group of three or more together to make the trip. Yesterday I called "friends outside" at pelican bay and asked them for any info on the best and most economical way to visit and she said that the best thing to do is rent a car and carpool. She also told me that there are two outside organizations that plan visits three times a year for large groups. Idk all the details on cost and all that, but I'm sure it'll be very cheap since it's being divided by such a big group of people. The thing is you have to get your name on a wait list and wait until the next trip which is probably gonna be several months since they're taking a trip this month. I don't have the organizations name with me right now but she's gonna mail me a sheet with all the info so I'll update you once I get that info. Call the "friends outside" at pelican bay and try to get info from them, this is their number (707) 465-6269
I'm going to try to get my name on that list for their next visit hopefully!! Maybe we can get a little group of 2-4 set up here and we can plan a trip together, we can rent a car and reserve rooms together to cut the cost and we can take turns driving. What part of Cali do you live in?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bella121712 For This Useful Post:
queenB'_906 (07-30-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_15 View Post
Hi,

This summer I`m working here in the U.S. and I have a chance to visit my penpal at Pelican Bay. I would really like to go as I don`t know when I will have an opportunity like this again, but there is a lot that I don`t know and I would like to ask for your help, so my visit can go as smoothly as possible.

I have already received a Visiting Questionnaire, but there are questions I`m not 100% certain what to write to. To the question "Relationship to inmate" is it okay if I write penfriend, or just friend? Also, am I right to think that to my current address I should put the place where I`m working now (and also living), and to my mailing address my actual home address in Hungary? I am unsure about these because by the time I visit my contract here will have already ended. Another thing I have a problem with is the "Home telephone number"; I don`t have one at home, nor do I have one here, so does it mean I should leave it blank or just go ahead and write my cellphone number?

Last but not least I would like to ask how I can arrange my actual trip to the facility, as I can`t drive. I have seen on the internet that many prisons have bus services that pick up the visitors on certain locations and then drop them on the way back; does Pelican Bay have something of this kind?

I apologize for asking so many questions, most probably they are obvious ones, but as I have never done this before I have no way of knowing, and I thought this was a good place to ask.
Thank you in advance
Put whatever address that is on your id. Go ahead and put your cell phone number. You can just put friend. The bus that I know of goes every 3 months or a little short of that. It comes from Los Angeles and stops in the valley I believe. I don't know to much about that I always drive every weekend or every other weekend.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella121712 View Post
I really want to visit by the end of this month or in August!!!! I called a couple of prison family/friend transportation companies and they all said that they do not drive up to pelican bay unless they can get a group of three or more together to make the trip. Yesterday I called "friends outside" at pelican bay and asked them for any info on the best and most economical way to visit and she said that the best thing to do is rent a car and carpool. She also told me that there are two outside organizations that plan visits three times a year for large groups. Idk all the details on cost and all that, but I'm sure it'll be very cheap since it's being divided by such a big group of people. The thing is you have to get your name on a wait list and wait until the next trip which is probably gonna be several months since they're taking a trip this month. I don't have the organizations name with me right now but she's gonna mail me a sheet with all the info so I'll update you once I get that info. Call the "friends outside" at pelican bay and try to get info from them, this is their number (707) 465-6269
I'm going to try to get my name on that list for their next visit hopefully!! Maybe we can get a little group of 2-4 set up here and we can plan a trip together, we can rent a car and reserve rooms together to cut the cost and we can take turns driving. What part of Cali do you live in?
Thanks for replying! As my inmate is in shu and only limited to what he tells me through letters which is frustrating! Lol but .. he actually gave me the phone number to a prison advocate Dolores (real nice lady btw) which I called and gave me the run down of how it works.. no specific requirements just have to be approved and have a drivers license the bus leaves the 26th of august from LA Anaheim i believe and it stops in San Raphael for bay area families and settle in Crescent city that afternoon and ready for visit the next day.. it's free of charge ( just have to pay for your food and stuff) and if you don't mind and want to save some $ they room you up with 4 others it's up to you or if you'd like you can just go ahead and book your own room and she can get you a discount just have to let her know you're doing that. They also take you up for your visit it's a whole weekend thing you get to visit both days and they leave Sunday afternoon. I already have my seat saved basically just have to show up. I'm from Salinas so I'd be catching the bus in san Raphael where you from? Maybe we can carpool? If interested let know and I'll shoot her info the sooner the better
Old 08-07-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenB'_906 View Post
Thanks for replying! As my inmate is in shu and only limited to what he tells me through letters which is frustrating! Lol but .. he actually gave me the phone number to a prison advocate Dolores (real nice lady btw) which I called and gave me the run down of how it works.. no specific requirements just have to be approved and have a drivers license the bus leaves the 26th of august from LA Anaheim i believe and it stops in San Raphael for bay area families and settle in Crescent city that afternoon and ready for visit the next day.. it's free of charge ( just have to pay for your food and stuff) and if you don't mind and want to save some $ they room you up with 4 others it's up to you or if you'd like you can just go ahead and book your own room and she can get you a discount just have to let her know you're doing that. They also take you up for your visit it's a whole weekend thing you get to visit both days and they leave Sunday afternoon. I already have my seat saved basically just have to show up. I'm from Salinas so I'd be catching the bus in san Raphael where you from? Maybe we can carpool? If interested let know and I'll shoot her info the sooner the better
Hey, thank you so much for responding!! Made my day to read this!! I'm in Pomona, Ca and I would really love to get on this bus! Is there anyway you can get me in touch with Dolores? Thank you again for being on here and responding to me hope to hear from you soon!
Old 08-13-2016, 05:38 AM
I'm ah Stay Solid 2Mine

Hey ladies... my fiance is at Pelican bay also and I'm trying to get there asap, as I'm pretty sure u all are I'm in the sacramento area is there anyone else from this area? And does anyone know if the bus stops in Sacramento at all? How do I get on this list?

Last edited by Ladyturley; 08-13-2016 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: Misspelled a word and wanted to add some things to my post
Old 08-15-2016, 04:47 PM

Default Dress code

Does anyone know what length dresses have to be to be able to pass?
Old 08-16-2016, 07:30 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,287 Times in 15,621 Posts

Dresses are not to expose any more than 2 inches above the knee.
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/docs...Guidelines.pdf

That's my dog's nose art

Old 08-25-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyturley View Post
Hey ladies... my fiance is at Pelican bay also and I'm trying to get there asap, as I'm pretty sure u all are I'm in the sacramento area is there anyone else from this area? And does anyone know if the bus stops in Sacramento at all? How do I get on this list?
Hello. I go to pelican bay once or twice a month from sacramento usually visit in Sunday all day and leave Sacramento ealry Saturday if your looking to carpool. I rent a car and stay at a hotel Sat night. It takes about 7 hours one way. Send me a message if your interested.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:12 PM

Anyone ever got in with distressed pants? I have a pair of white distressed pants there only cut on the knee?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:46 PM

Default Is there no visiting going on at Pelican Bay right now?

my husband just got sent to pb today for mainline, and he will be general pop. is there no visiting going on right now? i'm super confused or is it only for b yard and how will I know he wont be put on b yard etc.