Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritorres View Post
So my husbnad just called n told me he got here on Wednesday and is in d3 ??
So he's non THU. He went straight to SNY. He'll get contact visits every weekend except the third weekend.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
So he's non THU. He went straight to SNY. He'll get contact visits every weekend except the third weekend.
Ok thank u for ur help
Old 10-28-2013, 11:54 PM

Smile

Got it!! Thank u for the breakdown- It's always a lil tricky when they get xfrd to a new spot!! I'm looking fwd to him getting thru orientation n having a contact visit .. It's been too long!!

Thank u again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiscoqui View Post
Hi, if your husband is in Dyard THU he is either in building D7 or D8, THU is transitional housing unit, he has to be in this program before he gets to go into a SNY yard. He most likely debriefed before coming into THU. The program is suppose be for 18 months but i know many of them have been there longer already including my guy.
They get contact visits every 3rd weekend of the month and non-contact all other weekends.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Weathering the storm

Hey Ladies!! Just popping in to say hello!! I haven't been to KVSP for almost 7 months.... I miss my buddy! I just wanted to say hello!!

Genuine friends are there to hold you down & weather the storm.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 PM

hello ladies my husband n I r new to ksvp any and all info will help. im planning to visit this weekend but am having a hard time with vpass and phone lines he's in d1 how is visiting there and what about behind glass visits?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Cujo0626

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimznchikiz View Post
hello ladies my husband n I r new to ksvp any and all info will help. im planning to visit this weekend but am having a hard time with vpass and phone lines he's in d1 how is visiting there and what about behind glass visits?
With VPASS you can book up to two weeks in advance on Sunday at 8:00pm and the appointments tend to go really fast. That may be the reason you're having problems with VPass. You can still visit after 10:30 with the non appointments. That is on a first come first serve.. I've never done a visit with out an appointment so I'm not sure what is the best time you should get there . There quite a few lady's with LO's in D yard and they might be able to give you more info on that yard. Good luck and hope you get to visit soon..
The Following User Says Thank You to cujo0626 For This Useful Post:
grimznchikiz (01-09-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 AM

Smile

Welcome to KVSP!!
By now appts may be definitely booked in vpass. Sometimes appts are cancelled and girls will post on forum. Try to call the visiting room between 7-8am and and 12pm. If its busy just keep trying back to back .. Good luck

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxy_Roxxie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM

so I finally booked my appointments for sat and sun yay but I've heard horror stories about processing :/ is it really that bad? and female co's there are witches
Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Cujo0626

Quote:
so I finally booked my appointments for sat and sun yay but I've heard horror stories about processing :/ is it really that bad? and female co's there are witches
CO Mendez is the first person you'll see and he gives out the pass for you to fill out and he is cool, the female CO's have their days, but some of the guys are the same, you can kinda tell when you get there with just the look or the attitude they have, but for the most part I haven't had problems. My friend said one of the girl CO's really does not like her and she does not make it easy going through but with that same person I've been fine. The metal detector is really sensitive and Iíve noticed them sending a lot of people back, what fits for one person will not fit the other. Just relax, take only the things you are allowed to take and take extra cloths just in case. Before you go in check all your pockets to make sure you took everything out, because Iíve had times I forget my Debit card and Iíve had to take it back. Good luck and enjoy your visit
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,820 Times in 8,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis9700 View Post
The metal detector is really sensitive and Iíve noticed them sending a lot of people back, what fits for one person will not fit the other. Just relax, take only the things you are allowed to take and take extra cloths just in case.
I was there last weekend and had crazy issues with the metal detector and it wound up being the back hooks on my bra (which I'd worn before and had been fine). Having gone through that, I won't chance it again. As much as I hate sports bras, that's it for me! So if you can avoid metal at all, I'd say do it...hooks, zippers, clasps on your pants or skirt.

And for what it's worth, I look at the CO's as doing their job; warm and fuzzy isn't part of it. I think if you're polite and don't expect them to be our best friends you'll be just fine.

Enjoy your visit; it's all worth it!
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Cujo0626

And for what it's worth, I look at the CO's as doing their job; warm and fuzzy isn't part of it. I think if you're polite and don't expect them to be our best friends you'll be just fine.

[/quote]

I very much agree, I've been going to KVSP for almost 3 years without having any problems. They have sent me back a few times but I don't make a big deal about it and go change. One of the times I did ended up having to cut a few hooks on my bra, I even told the CO that is my chi chis fall out it's their fault, and she just laughed

Last edited by cujo0626; 01-09-2014 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: correct
miamac (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I was there last weekend and had crazy issues with the metal detector and it wound up being the back hooks on my bra (which I'd worn before and had been fine). Having gone through that, I won't chance it again. As much as I hate sports bras, that's it for me! So if you can avoid metal at all, I'd say do it...hooks, zippers, clasps on your pants or skirt.

Enjoy your visit; it's all worth it!

Just wanted to share, sports bras don't work well for me so what I did was cut all the metal off my bra and sewed it together, the back and straps. Good luck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
grimznchikiz (01-09-2014), miamac (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 03:47 PM

yeah sports bras do work for me either. im dam near a ddd. so im guessing my bra is going to be an issue then . never really had this problem in asp n if my bra clips would make the machine go off I would just hold it and walk in sideways. any idea if I would be able to do it this way here
Old 01-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Cujo0626

Quote:
yeah sports bras do work for me either. im dam near a ddd. so im guessing my bra is going to be an issue then . never really had this problem in asp n if my bra clips would make the machine go off I would just hold it and walk in sideways. any idea if I would be able to do it this way here
Yep you can and for the most part thats how I get through. I guess just that day they decided to mess with us. But that was my only time that had ever happened.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Cujo0626

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M View Post
Just wanted to share, sports bras don't work well for me so what I did was cut all the metal off my bra and sewed it together, the back and straps. Good luck
Yep sports bras for me make it look like my grandmas chi chi's. Welcome back, hope all is good with you and your guy
ALWAYS HERE 4 M (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis9700 View Post
Yep sports bras for me make it look like my grandmas chi chi's. Welcome back, hope all is good with you and your guy
Right LOL All is well thanks but we are not back still at CSATF unfortunately. Hope all I well with you too...take care!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,820 Times in 8,080 Posts

Ha! Damn these bra issues!
Actually, someone told me on the way out that a CO told her to hold the back and walk through and it worked. Why no one told me that, well...

I agree with the crappy sports bra thing and have looked at stripping the metal off mine and sewing it as mentioned. Although...in my panic to find something better than I had on Saturday to wear Sunday (I'm from out of state, so it's not like I could run home) I went to Walmart and they have a Danskin "Now" sports bra with molded cups, a racerback AND a plastic front clasp. I am a 42G but I was determined to have some support so I bought the biggest size they had, a 40D, and with a ridiculous amount of shoving and tucking and things you wouldn't want to know about, I got into it. They didn't move the whole six hours. LOL

Anyway, no more metal for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (01-09-2014), grimznchikiz (01-10-2014)
Old 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM
OG Prison Wifey

Ok im not a newbie... But i 4got, WHAT ARE THE GUYS DOWN DAYS AGAIN??

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 04-07-2014, 06:28 PM

First Wednesday and the third Fridays
Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 PM
OG Prison Wifey

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicataylor1
First Wednesday and the third Fridays
Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 05-26-2014, 04:10 AM
Kevin's Mom

My son is in Medical there at the prison. Can I still visit him if he is in Medical just out of the hospital? I am new to this prison and I a new to my son being in medical due to getting stabbed. I feel like I need to get there to see him. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Cujo0626

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your son and my prayers are with you. You might try calling his counselor and see if they can give you any info. I'm sorry I cound't be more help.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Ha! Damn these bra issues!
Actually, someone told me on the way out that a CO told her to hold the back and walk through and it worked. Why no one told me that, well...

I agree with the crappy sports bra thing and have looked at stripping the metal off mine and sewing it as mentioned. Although...in my panic to find something better than I had on Saturday to wear Sunday (I'm from out of state, so it's not like I could run home) I went to Walmart and they have a Danskin "Now" sports bra with molded cups, a racerback AND a plastic front clasp. I am a 42G but I was determined to have some support so I bought the biggest size they had, a 40D, and with a ridiculous amount of shoving and tucking and things you wouldn't want to know about, I got into it. They didn't move the whole six hours. LOL

Anyway, no more metal for me.
This is what I do. I bought a bra from target and it's just like it has wired cups but it says wireless. They have them in the basic colors. I then remove the 4 extra clasps in the back, remove the adjustments on the straps and at first I used to sew them but now i just tie them at the bottom through the loop. I NEVER set the metal detector off. I also wear jeans (black, white & grey) from American Eagle and those don't set he detector off either.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
True Love Waits

Hey Ladies!

WOW! My husband is transferring in any day now. We have been to several different prisons, but this is the 1st time on PTO that I don't recognize any of the members!!
Can someone tell me what Levels this prison has & any info that may be helpful. I am unable to visit right now, so being things change on a whim in the system, I really don't need any info on clothing do's & don'ts!! I need more info on mail, telephone calls, etc. As prison's go---how do u rate this one!
Any additional info is much appreciated!

Last edited by Beloved01; 08-12-2014 at 10:53 AM..
Old 08-16-2014, 12:31 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved01 View Post
Hey Ladies!

WOW! My husband is transferring in any day now. We have been to several different prisons, but this is the 1st time on PTO that I don't recognize any of the members!!
Can someone tell me what Levels this prison has & any info that may be helpful. I am unable to visit right now, so being things change on a whim in the system, I really don't need any info on clothing do's & don'ts!! I need more info on mail, telephone calls, etc. As prison's go---how do u rate this one!
Any additional info is much appreciated!
They sent him to NKSP! Don't know if that's any better or not, but here we go!!!!!