Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:13 AM

My fiance has been there for almost 8 months. Its extremely mellow, the mail is quick and visiting is easy. Low key, no issues for us at all. He got a job fast, only complaint is how hot its going to be there (already starting).
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2015, 07:56 PM

Default What can a prisoner have? cannot have at Chuckawalla Prison?

What can a prisoner have or cannot have a Chuckawalla Prison? He is coming from an Arizona prison. Does anyone know.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:35 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,259 Times in 15,606 Posts

Hi carolina24, Ive moved your thread to the newbie section.
I'd hope by now you may have gotten the info you were looking for.

My hub was at a different prison, but once he was mainlined he could have a few things.
A fan, a battery operated razor/trimmer.
A tv (which he got from someone leaving, but only had it a short while, and I didnt want to buy him a new one as by that time he was also short time)

Often if you try to order them something from the catalogs, it will say if its allowed at the prison. I noticed when I got the paper catalog it would say on the inside cover which facilities allowed which items.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 02-07-2016, 06:00 PM

Default Television?

He can not have a television at this prison. There are several community televisions in the dorms.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:34 AM

Hi My son just got the word to pack up and he is moving to Chuckawalla on Monday . He says that he will now be level one SNY? Everything I see says this is a level 2 prison. Where he was at had rooms with 8 men to a pod. Is this place just one big open space or do they have little pods also ? I hate change so any info would be great. Also how far ahead on Vpass do you sign up for visiting?
Old 03-27-2016, 07:55 AM

11 men in each. It's pretty laid back compared to the other places experienced over the years. They stay pretty active there. Programs are decent. The food is decent, considering that it's a prison. It is a level 2 mostly. Not electronic devices (large devices can be taken) the mail services are "stable" for the most part. It's a privately run facility if my memory is correct. Many vocations in different areas. It's less stressful for the most part when compared to other facilities. I've not visited at this place though, so not sure about your last question.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4orSmilez For This Useful Post:
2muchmisery4me (03-28-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 01:29 PM

Very laid back..i signed up for vpass 24 hours before my visit and had no issues. Extremely easy for visiting. Bring money for food and pictures. My fiance has been there 2 years and counting and doesnt mind being there. Very few problems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mackenzg For This Useful Post:
2muchmisery4me (03-30-2016), sidewalker (04-24-2016)