Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CVSP Release Procedure Q & A

INFO, Questions or Concerns regarding the release procedure go here.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 06:15 AM

When ur sent to ASU & about 2 b released ,do u gey released from there&how will they let their loved ones know? Is there a number 2 call&ask or is the inmate suppose 2 notify one?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daone&only1 View Post
When ur sent to ASU & about 2 b released ,do u gey released from there&how will they let their loved ones know? Is there a number 2 call&ask or is the inmate suppose 2 notify one?
The inmate is aware of their sentence status. Its up to the inmate to notify their released date to their beloved ones.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:04 PM

Thank you I appreciate it very much. All this is new 2 me&I am lost&confused.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 PM

Hello, my husband got locked up in 2008 and his release date was August 11 2013. But a month ago his counselor said it would be Friday the 9th not Sunday the 11th. I live 5 hours away. I couldn't sleep last night from a bad feeling. I called the prison since I have no more funds on my phone to talk to my husband. (He has said the 9th since his counselor said it) and I had asked the prison to verify that's his release date since I was going to use his gate money to get more gas. I only have enough to get up there. Again it's 5 hours away. The prison would not give me ANY information and was no help just told me he has to tell me the date through letter or call. Here's my dilemma if I drive there Friday and he's not being released I will be stuck in the desert. Is there any other way to make 100% sure he is getting out on Friday. I was furious that the prison would not tell me his wife the date of his release. I told them I live 5 hours away... And now if I don't show up on Friday and he does get out he will be on the bus somewhere. I'm so confused...any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Maybe u can call receive and release that morning it kinda would be better if he took bus home then u won't but urself out I'm sure once he is out say friday he will call u and u could meet him halfway they can't tell u release date cause for security reasons. But if they say 9th its probably is I feel ur dilemna tho.I would try and borrow extra money and just be there.that friday vinelink website will say if he is in custody u can sign up for that.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdj428 View Post
Maybe u can call receive and release that morning it kinda would be better if he took bus home then u won't but urself out I'm sure once he is out say friday he will call u and u could meet him halfway they can't tell u release date cause for security reasons. But if they say 9th its probably is I feel ur dilemna tho.I would try and borrow extra money and just be there.that friday vinelink website will say if he is in custody u can sign up for that.
Yeah I hate borrowing money, I'm almost 25 but I asked my mother for some gas money because I don't want to get stuck out there. I guess I'm just going to run with it and see what happens. I think they should change that, I'm his wife I should be able to know his release date you know. But thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. I'm leaving at 3am Friday morning to get there by 730am. Hopefully ill come home with my man. If not, then it was a waste of a drive that ill have to do again on the 11th. His mom doesn't seem to worried about it she said just go. I'm just impatient I've waited 5 years for this and it will annoy me if he doesn't get out that day.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:43 PM

Yeah good luck hope he does get out friday its best to be prepared u would hate to be stuck in middle of nowhere.