Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Here and there

My (very close) friend is at USP-Allenwood in Pennsylvania. I also have a friend at USP-Beaumont.

To love means loving the unlovable.
To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.
Faith means believing the unbelievable.
Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.
-G.K. Chesterton

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2002, 05:49 PM
Donation Award 

Isn't it sad that we are closer to others ones loved ones then our own! I would do anything to have My Man in Maryland or PA! Wish we could do the switch! We'd make many families happy!

About transfering closer to home.....I was told if he had a close family member that had a severe illness...that would work best! Having a doctor write...taking it to your congressmen....sending it to the prison...something like that! With alot of support to back it up. However no one is that ill...and I would not wish that on anyone just to get him closer! So...I wait!
Old 12-03-2002, 05:51 PM
Donation Award 

Lucid...is both your friends from California?
Old 12-04-2002, 02:14 AM
Here and there

No..neither one are. I am actually from Wisconsin and one is from Kentucky and the other is from New York where he is serving his time.

-G.K. Chesterton

Old 12-04-2002, 02:19 AM
Here and there

Oh wait let me take that back..he is from Boston, but was in New York during the time of his incarceration.
Yes it is sad that loved ones are so far away. I thought of that when I moved to Cali, but my bud told me that either way I am far from him, and I would still have to travel quite a bit to see him. I think he was just trying to be supportive of my decision.

-G.K. Chesterton

Old 12-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Donation Award 

Still bad...I thought mabey they too were from California....since the BOP doesn't seem to keep our loved ones close to home! Not as bad as it could be...something to be thankful for!
Old 12-05-2002, 01:00 AM

MY HUBBY ID IN FDC MIAMI. WE DON'T KNOW WHERE HE WILL BE TRANSFRED TO? WHAT IS THIS THING ABOUT REVIEWS YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT?????
Old 12-05-2002, 02:51 AM
Hello Everone!

Every so often, a federal inmate has a review...I believe it is every six months. It is a meeting with case manager and others. This is when transfers, etc are discussed plus other issues. I am not sure all it covers. I just know my son went to FCI Waseca in April and had a review in October and due for another in April. To qualify for a transfer, one must stay in a facility for 18 months with good conduct to be eligible for consideration for a transfer. I hope this helped a little. I guess your husband can ask his case manager for more detailed information. Good Luck!
Brenda
Old 12-05-2002, 05:19 AM
Donation Award 

I have a copy of one here...its called a
PROGRAM REVIEW REPORT
I guess its something like a report card so to speak!

It list all the current assignments...
then gives comments for
Work performance rating.....Incident reports since last review....FRP Plan/Progress....Release preparation participation.....CCC recommendation.....Progress made since last review.....Goals for next program review meeting.....Long term goals.....Other inmate requests/team actions(in this part....Ben requested a consideration in a transfer/the case manager wrote "consider with clean conduct"

This is what the program report covers.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Hello Everone!

Thanks Diane, that helps me also.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:49 AM
Donation Award 

Sure....thats what we are all here for...to try to help!
Old 12-06-2002, 05:29 AM
Closed

sorry I missed your earlier post. Amir was in Beaumont, had enough credits to be put in a med security prison, requested oregon and they gave him the new prison in atwater, even though it was a max. So they simply took him because he had requested a transfer to the west coast. He hates it! They put him in shu almost as soon as he got there and wont let him out till he transfers out. He has requestted the east coast to be near his mother and daughter, but he thinks thy may just send him back to beaumont.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Donation Award 

Well...I do hope that once they have taken him out of Beaumont...he will not have to go back to that place! I hate this entire picture having to deal with the prison system.....but USP Beaumont....geez...I really can't stand it!

Hopefully he will get to an area he'd be more comfortable with....mabey it will ease his time.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:31 AM
Closed

Good news, he has been transfered to the OKC transit center on his way to USP Lee, Va. He will be closer to both me and his family. I am so very relieved to have him out of atwater. But it is still very aggrivating. He almost has enough points to go to a minimum security prison but they keep sending him to a max.
Old 12-23-2002, 02:12 PM

Default USP Atwater

Does anyone else have any further info on USP Atwater in CA? My husband was sent there Feb 02, also after being told qualified for FCI and had good chance to get FCI Phoenix which is closer to home. Instead was sent to Atwater. It has been hell (excuse language) since his arrival.

The research I did on Atwater, not easy since is so new and was unable to find a lot on it, indicated it was an "adjustment" facility. Since his arrival and the BS he's experienced, I've questioned adjustment to what?

Another Native inmate I'm in close contact with was also sent to Atwater (from USP Beaumont) in April and said it is has the strictest security of any facility he has been in.

Anyhow would appreciate any info anyone has on Atwater.

Thank you,
Kim (NAPN)
Old 12-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Closed

Kim, I hope I'm not repeating what I have written earlier. Amir was "picked" to go to atwater from beaumont. He was put in the hole almost immediately when he arrived. He wrote up several guards and they claimed it was for his own protection. He didnt loose any priveleges per se, but had to rely on the guards to bring him the phone and allow him out for commisary, which they didnt do like they were susposed to. He spent less than six months there before he was transfered out. The new warden allowed him to transfer out after having him pay extra monies on his fines, strange I know. When I went to visit, I meet several ladies whos men where in the hole who told me that these guys had never been any trouble in other facilities. Seems it is an atwater phenominon that otherwise well behaved men go there and suddenly become problems. We have had a terriable time with him getting his mail also. I have sent numberous packages of magazines and books which never made it to him. He also had a terriable time receiving his newspapers. His mother recently receieved a christmas card from him minus the pictures he enclosed. When they moved him to the hole, they threw away all the things he wasnt allowed to bring with him instead of storing them. They especially liked to deny him religious material. He never received any islamic books I sent him. I really hated paying for these things and having them simply throw them out. I work too damn hard for that nonsense. I also had problems visiting. I tested positive on the ionic scanner because of my numberous daily PRESCRIPTION medications. They refused me my visit after traveling over 1800 miles for it. They banned me for 3 days so I had to turn around and go back home. They refused to allow me to produce my prescriptions to prove that it was not illegal drugs. The female guard who grabbed my arm and led me outside put a huge huge bruise on my arm. I am on blood thiners and have to be extra careful. It was just pure hell. Earlier in the thread someone said he was lucky to be out of beaumont. As bad as beaumont was, Atwater was much much worse. It was the best christmas prsent I could have gotten to have him removed from that god aweful facility. Good luck and keep me posted on how he does. My prayers are with you both. I am also curious to find out if they are discriminately selecting our men because of religious beliefs or color of their skin or a combination.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:18 AM
Donation Award 

That is o not right! So far we haven't came into any problems as you have. He is Native American and was given some troubles over the strong beliefs he has to his reliogion but never denied anything I sent having to do with such.
Have you questioned anyone at the facilities, not that you'd get an answer you would expect but just curious.

And now...I was just telling him it wouldn't be any worse if they shipped him out to California....but we better rethink this now!
Old 01-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Closed

Just wanted to let everyone know Amir made it to USP Lee Va. today. I just pulled him up on the bop locator and saw he is there. I will give any details about this prison, where to stay and the visiting guide lines as soon as I know anything.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:28 AM
Donation Award 

It will take alittle time for him to be able to veiw this new place. I am curious to how he feels on the institution itself. I will look forward to your postings.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:58 PM

My dad is in Springfield, Mo. medical center for federal prisoners. What i do not understand is that there is a medical centere right here in Ft. Worth, Tx. which is 45 minutes away from me and they place him some 7 hours from me. They do this to make it hard on us. Stay Strong........ Chandra
Old 01-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Donation Award 

Chandra...It doesn't make any sense! With out a doubt...I do hope your dad can get back closer to you soon!

Nice meeting you!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:53 PM

Hello my husband is at Montgomery AL, Maxwell airforce base
FPC MONTGOMERY AL. Anyone eles husband there?
Old 02-09-2003, 02:22 PM

My son Mariano (28) is at Federal Correctional Center Low in Coleman, Florida. Approx. 8,000 miles from home. I have visited him for the last Holidays, found him very well and planning his return to normal life in April 2004.

The facilities are comfortable, clean and safe. Mariano calls them "this resort" and tries to comfort my preoccupation.

The visitation schedules are wide (7 hours /day, 5 days/week) and there is a large visitation room and patio. I'll try to upload a photo (taken from the site of the architects who built the prison). The picture was taken feom the inside, once you pass through the entrance and waiting room. The walls it first plane surround the patio. The visitation rooms are at left and right. The fence door at the center communicates with an enormous internal patio, and there are many acres of sport fields not visible in this photo.

Thanks God, it is a good place, everybody respects him and there have been no problems since he was sent there in July 2001.

Un abrazo,
Andrés
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coleman.jpg (17.6 KB, 443 views)
Old 04-09-2003, 10:59 PM

Hello, My name is Hesrshey's girl and I have a husband and brother in Seagoville, Texas. One will get out in 2007 and the other in 2009.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Hello Everone!

Hi all,
I am planning a trip to see my son in June. He is in FCI Waseca. I haven't seen him since March, 2002. I need info on reasonable motel rates near there. Waseca is a resort town with expensive rates. I will appreciate any info. Thanks,
Brenda