Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Default What prisons are level fours with high risk medical or level 3

wat prisons are level fours with high risk medical or level 3 he might be a level 3
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 AM

Butner Federal is housing from level 1 to level 4. My husband is a 3 because he takes a blood thinner and has to have blood tested every 2 weeks. I know there are medical facilities in Lexington Ky and I think there is one in New York.
foreverandever (01-16-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 08:55 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,599 Times in 16,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithwalk12 View Post
Butner Federal is housing from level 1 to level 4. My husband is a 3 because he takes a blood thinner and has to have blood tested every 2 weeks. I know there are medical facilities in Lexington Ky and I think there is one in New York.

I believe she's looking for California State facilities that are level three or four with high risk medical, but thanks for the info

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 AM

Default Medical

There was a new facility built in Stockton CA, specifically for medically at risk inmates, no matter their level or SNY status. The only inmates not allowed are females, juveniles and condemned. It houses 1818 inmates in a hospital setting - although I know of many inmates who would benefit by being there who are not yet there (such as terminally ill with cancer, wheelchair confined/one side paralysis etc).
Unfortunately there is not yet a forum specific to CCHF (California Health Care Facility) so not much has been posted on it - even though I have asked numerous times that anybody who has a loved one there please let us know what it is like (only thing I have gotten is that it is state of the art, has dialysis unit and mental health/mental health crisis beds - nothing about how well it is run, if the medical care is actually as good as they claim it's supposed to be, what the housing is like there, etc).
Hopefully somebody who has a LO there will respond to this and answer some of these questions.
If your loved one is in need of a medical facility I would suggest having him talk to his doctor and counselor(s) and see if he is a candidate for CCHF. You may also have to get involved if CDCR drags their feet.
Good luck, and if you do have any good luck, please share it with the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandever View Post
wat prisons are level fours with high risk medical or level 3 he might be a level 3
Old 02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Semper Fi

Donovan in San Diego
Old 02-07-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karren Ann View Post
There was a new facility built in Stockton CA, specifically for medically at risk inmates, no matter their level or SNY status. The only inmates not allowed are females, juveniles and condemned. It houses 1818 inmates in a hospital setting - although I know of many inmates who would benefit by being there who are not yet there (such as terminally ill with cancer, wheelchair confined/one side paralysis etc).
Unfortunately there is not yet a forum specific to CCHF (California Health Care Facility) so not much has been posted on it - even though I have asked numerous times that anybody who has a loved one there please let us know what it is like (only thing I have gotten is that it is state of the art, has dialysis unit and mental health/mental health crisis beds - nothing about how well it is run, if the medical care is actually as good as they claim it's supposed to be, what the housing is like there, etc).
Hopefully somebody who has a LO there will respond to this and answer some of these questions.
If your loved one is in need of a medical facility I would suggest having him talk to his doctor and counselor(s) and see if he is a candidate for CCHF. You may also have to get involved if CDCR drags their feet.
Good luck, and if you do have any good luck, please share it with the rest of us.
They are letting men DIE in STOCKTON...look it up. It's here under California News and Events or if you simply Google it.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:20 AM

Default Inmates dying in Stockton

Yes, I saw that article as well and am so disgusted by CDC right now that I would probably end up a ward of the state myself if I were to run into anybody associated with CDC.

I hope anybody working in medical the day that inmate died was not only fired immediately, but loses licenses/certifications and is charged with negligent homicide.

For once I'm glad CDC dragged their feet as I have been fighting to get my friend moved there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgonzos View Post
They are letting men DIE in STOCKTON...look it up. It's here under California News and Events or if you simply Google it.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:36 AM

Default RJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth's Girl View Post
Donovan in San Diego
I don't think RJD is certified for high risk medical even though they keep them there. They are supposed to be building a new unit there that supposedly will be a higher medical risk facility.
They got one of the worst reviews in the state for medical care this year.
Make your place in the mystery and think hard on those around you.What holds people together is a pain that has no wound. All your love grows from this pain. All that understand this are wiser than good or evil. Do secret good.