Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, electronic monitoring, etc. in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:17 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that Rich has but 12 days left on this bracelet, thats on his leg. In all he will have had 90 days with it on. It truly, has been a issue with this thing, but I thank God, that it's almost over. He can't wait to take a real bath, 'cause his foot has to hang over the side of the bath tub, as the monitor cannot be immersed in water.
He had to get his officer to switch the monitor from one leg to the other, as it began to irritate his leg. There's not enough slack to pull his socks under the bracelet, so the socks, they have to go over the box, which causes the box to rub against, and irritate his leg.
Whatever the issue with this box, I tell him not to complain, that because of it, he was allowed to come home, to deal with his health issues.
oh yeah, concerning his health, this month he is scheduled for all of his tests.
It took a little time to get him authorized for medical coverage. This far, we only receive charity care for him, but at least its a start.
I'll continue to keep you all posted.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2005, 08:17 AM

Forgive my timing, it's been a week now, and they have taken the bracelet off of my husbands leg. Actually, they took it off a little early, because he had an appointment for an MRI, and could not take the test with the bracelet on his leg. His officer then took out the monitor that goes with the bracelet. The first thing that my husband did was to go outside into the yard, because, that was a restriction, he could not step outside of the house!
Even though he got a bit restless, with that thing attached to his ankle, I am glad that they have such an invention that can enable inmates to come home and be with their families when necessary. When he would get frustrated, I would remind him, that even though he was confined to the house, it could'nt be half as bad as being incarcerated.
He did a total of 90 days on the bracelet, and his max date for parole was on the 21st, so now he is done.
My prayer is that he is finished with this way of life, and continues to be the loving father and husband that we know and love.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:07 PM

my name is mike, and i am currently on the bracelet, or emp.it is supposed to be a 90 to 180 day thang, and depending on how well you do the first 90 days will determine whether or not the parole board will extend your time on the bracelet.i am out of district 13 in elizabeth, and whenever i see my parole officer, i m always hearing on his radio how guys are ****ing up, which will make it tougher for the next person. so i hope you guys just do what you gotta do and get the **** off of the bracelet...............someone said that you can't bathe with the bracelet on, well i shower twice a day with no problems. so i can't understand why someone would not want to wash their durty bootie. even if the emp signal emits a false reading, they have a back up internet system that somehow knows if you are actually still in range or out of range. i have had a few visitors at three and four o'clock in the morning because the signal on the box was distorted somehow. the visitors (po's) informed me that they knew i never left the house because of the website signal whatever that means, but that they had to reset the box. so my point is that if you are not out of range during the time you are supposed to be home, then you are o.k.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the 'heads up" on the em. My husband was on it, and did finish out his time. He did 90 days. I think maybe you misunderstood my post. I never said that he did not bathe with the monitor, I said that he had to hang his foot over the tub, so not to submerge the monitor in water. Of all the bad habits that my hubby has, "dirty" isn't one. -lol
It's good to know that you are here with us on the PTO, maybe some of the other members may have some questions for you. Take care!

charlene
Old 06-02-2005, 10:54 AM

I am also on EM right now. My PO told me that it was a misconception that the bracelet could not be submerged in water. She told me that the standard tub depth was not deep enough to disrupt the signal. Even a pool would probably not be deep enough to disrupt it. Now if you went into the ocean, then yeah (but being stuck in the house doesn't give you the opportunity to try it out in the ocean).

My point is I take baths with it on everyday and it is just fine.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Patiently Waiting

Wink Thanks

That was very helpful and informative. My ex boyfriend is about to go to ISP court on the 23rd and I was trying to find out if he should just stay in the half. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-24-2005, 07:55 AM
John's Future Wife

Umm well lets say my boyfriend came home on it.. went back in.. came back home.. and went back in.. he violated and it messed up his parole date by anotehr 14 months.. and the only violation he was held for was breaking curfew.... too strict for me.. i always wanted to go out even though is tayed home everyday and night while he was in it was kinda annoying.. we lived together to not be able to do a thing.. i wish he would have just waited for parole.. and never took ISP because we prob would have still been togehter

Old 09-25-2005, 12:08 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesgsgirl
That was very helpful and informative. My ex boyfriend is about to go to ISP court on the 23rd and I was trying to find out if he should just stay in the half. Anyone have any suggestions?
if chris had the choice between ISP and the halfway house...i'd choose the halfway house in a heartbeat. ISP is extremely difficult to stay on, and i only know of 2 people of about 20 or so that completed it successfully...every other person was rearrested...

i would definitely vouch for the halfway house. sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils. we're vouching for the halfway house if everything else fails...
Old 09-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Patiently Waiting

Thanks for the advice!! My bf is to determined to do the whole ISP thing. His court date was changed so many times. Anyway on 29th he has hs date. I dunno I am ao afraid he will ome home and have to go right back. But we are going to be as supportive a possible!!! Either way if he comes closer to home I will be very very happy!!

Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 PM

my husband was on the bracelet for 4 mos. they never said anything about getting it wet.. it never short circuted or anything...
Old 01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Kevinswife4ever

if you dont mind me asking what do you have to do to be consider for the electronic monitoring program??? who would i contact???
Old 01-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Kevinswife4ever

so how did your husband get the option of the bracelet???
Old 01-31-2006, 10:51 AM

hello so sorry to bother you but may be you could help me im not getting any info on nj prisons honestly im being sentenced on march 10th for contempt. can you help any info would be big help thank you
Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Closed

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR GOING YET???
Old 02-01-2006, 08:40 AM
...over easy
Donation Award 

You can start by reading any of the NJ threads with the word CRAF in it, the Central Reception and Adjustment Facility and it is where everyone goes when they enter the state system. Most likely you will be held in the county jail for a period of time until you are transferred to CRAF. Take little with you [wedding band and religious book is about all that will be allowed].

I'm not sure why you posted your question under ISP unless you believe that is the program you will be going to as your sentence. If so, read what has been shared in this thread and you should have a lot of info.

Good luck to you.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargrd
hello so sorry to bother you but may be you could help me im not getting any info on nj prisons honestly im being sentenced on march 10th for contempt. can you help any info would be big help thank you
If it's less than a year, you'll more than like stay in the county.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:20 PM

Sorry, but I am new and have a questions about electronic monitoring. Is electronic monitoring a program like ISP? If so, how do you apply?
Old 06-18-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Any info on electronic monitoring in CT???

My "honey" just found out that his TS was approved but he's gonna have to wear the bracelet. Does anyone have any specific information or experiences to share on this from CT. Does it work in phases or is it different? Anyone have a loved one in CT that's been on the bracelet or can give any insight. Any information is appreciated. TIA.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:30 PM

what does isp mean? sorry
Old 10-23-2007, 09:57 AM

Intensive Supervison Program

Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 PM

The Only Thing I Can Tell You Never Get Fustrated And Pull That Baby Off. My Husband Was Out On $500,000.oo Bail , YES THAT WAS FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS BAIL !! Secured By Our House And A Electronic Bracelet. He Got Pissed (extra Pissed) One Day Ripped It Off Called His Pre-trial Guy Immediately. He Told Him Just To Bring It To Work With Him The Following Day. When He Got To Work He Was Surrouned By Us Marshalls His Bail Was Revoked And Had To Stay There To Trial Which Was 6 Months Later. That Sucked And There Was Not A Thing He Could Do About It.

Last edited by coastalpattie; 02-24-2008 at 09:22 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 08:50 PM

I have read all the threads regarding ISP, but just do get a timeline of events how long does it take after the ISP application is submitted to hear back from ISP? For argument sake, let's say the prosecutor objects and wants to have him stay for a minimum of 6 months does he have to resubmit a new application or is his application still valid? many thanks!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthing421 View Post
what does isp mean? sorry
INTENSIVE SUPERVISION PROGRAM "makes it possible for inmates who are sincerely interested in changing their lives to be released before parole. ISP permits offenders to serve the remainder of their sentences in the community rather than in prison. ISP is "prison without walls"."
Old 02-19-2009, 05:46 PM

Default I am looking for some advise on ISP

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Johnny's Angel* View Post
I scanned in the rules for ISP candidates for those who may need them or wonder hwat it consists of. Please click on the attacments to enlarge them.
How long does this process take, is it true that if you have a private lawyer it gets easy and faster than having to apply for public defender
Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingadvise View Post
How long does this process take, is it true that if you have a private lawyer it gets easy and faster than having to apply for public defender

We had a private attorney and it took the same amount of time as someone with a public defender. The only difference is our attorney fought a little hard than the public defender might have.
I couldn't represent my husband because it was a conflict of interest otherwise I would've represented him.
The whole process takes about three months unless you have a mandatory minimum or a judge imposed stip--then it takes a few more months because you have to wait for the the MM or stip to be up.