Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in North Carolina should be posted here.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:53 PM

Default My boyfriend is being released tomorrow

My boyfriend is being released tomorrow from Alexander CI. But his case manger has yet to call me and let me know anything. I called the prison he is at right now and they said that his parole or probation officer is picking him up. Can we have this transferred to Tennessee cause that is where I live and he wants to be close to me and the kids. Can somebody please explain to me why his probation or parole officer would be picking him up.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2014, 07:13 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,818 Times in 16,054 Posts

Oh my. Sweetie, how long has he been your boyfriend? When an inmate makes parole, they have to submit a "Home Plan" for approval. He has to have a Home Placement approved before they'll release him....or else he goes to a halfway house.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-13-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Oh my. Sweetie, how long has he been your boyfriend? When an inmate makes parole, they have to submit a "Home Plan" for approval. He has to have a Home Placement approved before they'll release him....or else he goes to a halfway house.
We been together almost a year he went back to prison on a VOP. He said something about giving them my address but I don't know if he could cause i'm in a different state he was going to see if they would let him switch his probation to tennessee
Old 12-13-2014, 07:32 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,818 Times in 16,054 Posts

Well...he's evidently going somewhere. If he was doing state time, he'll be on parole....if he has family in TN, he could have applied for an Interstate Compact to TN a long time ago and parole out to TN at release He may have to have employment and family in TN to even transfer his parole after he's released...I'm not familiar with NC, but in KY the PO's really like for their parolees to not move for at least 6 months. Is that written in stone? I'm just not sure.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-13-2014, 07:36 PM

oh ok