Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Connecticut that do not fit into any other Connecticut sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:16 PM

Default Escapee from halfway house staying with friend. Would friend be in trouble?

I have a question regarding an escape from a halfway house. My boyfriend has a female friend that just ran from a halfway house in Hartford after bieng there less than a week. He is always trying to help people, but trying to tell he could possibly get in trouble if he hides her at his apartment is falling on deaf ears. Parole and someone else have already been at his house looking for her. I don't know what the penalty for her would be and he is curious as to what that would be. I am just trying to keep a good man from getting in trouble. What penalty could he possibly get? This girl has served 3 years, and her sentence is up in Oct I believe.
Thank you for your help and advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,022 Times in 2,990 Posts

Be careful of the details you are putting on the world wide web. LOTS of people can see what is posted here.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue55 View Post
I have a question regarding an escape from a halfway house. My boyfriend has a female friend that just ran from a halfway house in Hartford after bieng there less than a week. He is always trying to help people, but trying to tell he could possibly get in trouble if he hides her at his apartment is falling on deaf ears. Parole and someone else have already been at his house looking for her. I don't know what the penalty for her would be and he is curious as to what that would be. I am just trying to keep a good man from getting in trouble. What penalty could he possibly get? This girl has served 3 years, and her sentence is up in Oct I believe.
Thank you for your help and advice.
Well here in CO my friend got 3 years prison for not contacting his PO for 3 weeks. And it was an escape charge.
She will be caught and she will have consequences. I don't know if her sentence will be the same...because you are in a different state.
Your boyfriend could get aiding and abedding a felon. Which could be time for him as well...not sure....but it's not good that's for sure.
Why would the cops know to look for her at your boyfriends residence? Strange.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:11 PM

Because they have been friends for like 10 years.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue55 View Post
Because they have been friends for like 10 years.
Oh ok. I didn't mean to offend you. I just knew that the cops did not come to my house looking for my friend when he was in trouble. And we had been friends for years. But maybe your boyfriend is on her paperwork as part of her support system or something like that.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:57 PM

You did not offend me at all. He is not on any paperwork to do with her. I believe someone from his apt bldg called and said she was there.