Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Connecticut that do not fit into any other Connecticut sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:59 AM

Default Intro--Miccor

Hello brother inmates former and current, came across this sight looking for housing. Now I definitely know I'm not alone. Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2015, 11:29 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,924 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi and welcome to Prison Talk! I'm glad that you found us! I may not be your brother, or a former inmate, but we're all in this together, right?

If you post about what you need, where you have tried & the issues you are having, we might be able to help. One of my favorite resources is 211. You can use their database to search for resources, or go dial 211 from any telephone (in Connecticut) and you will be connected with a trained staff member who can help you to identify services--for whatever social service need you may be experiencing. 211 is funded by the United Way and State of Connecticut and is probably the most comprehensive and current description of services--anywhere. If you have some time, often it is worthwhile just to scroll through all of the areas of need and places for help--you may be surprised to find what's out there! Earlier I gave the link to the housing section, but here's their home page.

I hope things are going well for you! Good luck.

So...What's your point?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM

Thumbs up Thanks for responding

I appreciate the advice I've checked out 2-1-1 before, wasn't much help at the time. But they might have added more info since then, 2-1-1 has taken over the homeless calling. So at times very hard to get thru, luckily I have my own computer. Thank you for taking the time to answer and offer the information. I will take another look at the 2-1-1 website couldn't hurt. Have a good day.