Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Utah - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Mail ,News & Information, etc.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:52 AM

Default Where can I get help finding housing for convicted felons in Utah?

Can anyone tell me where I can get help finding housing for convicted felons? Are there "affordable rights" available for our men? I live in Utah. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2015, 03:22 AM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,814 Posts

Hi LuvMyIM and to PTO!

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but I moved your question on Utah Parole, Probation & Release-forum, where you will get more accurate answers to your question. I hope you find your answers and when you get help, please let us know where and what kind of help you received, so that our other members can also benefit out of that information.

I wish you good luck with your search!

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

Old 07-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,321 Times in 4,699 Posts

Hi there I found some information you could use as a starting point.

An easy way to start a search is to check the classifieds. Some landlords may indicate that they are willing to rent to felons. It is important to check out the area in the ad listing, as it might be crime prone. Searching the Internet for ‘housing for felons in Utah’ or ‘felon housing in Utah’ will also yield results. Be sure to check felon forums online or apartment databases as these could point you in the right direction.

The Utah Affordable Housing Database (http://findhousing.utah.gov/search.do) is a good place to start a search as it caters to individuals of limited means.

Felons may be entitled to federal aid for housing, as many of them can apply for section 8 vouchers from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/utah).

Various Catholic charities in Utah also help thousands of people with various needs including housing. Felons can contact the Utah Housing Authorities (http://housinguc.org/) to learn if they qualify for any kind of housing assistance such as help with rent, or finding affordable housing.

Hope this helps

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sunflow (07-25-2015)