Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Love Mi Guerito! 02/08/10

Has anyone gone through
"JUST RIGHT PACKAGES" ? For quarterly packages?
Thanks
.Love Is Never Easy and Distance Doesnít Make It Any Easier; by Any Means but, It Does Make You Realize What You Want, What You Need and Most Importantly Realizing That One Person You Don't Mind Missing, Because Its the One Person You Cant Live Without.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 AM
True Love Waits

Hello Ladies!

My husband has just received his transfer papers & w/be on his way there any day now. I want to send him some money thru jpay, & my Questions is----can I send it now b4 he even gets there?
Thanks to anyone who responds!

B
Old 08-12-2014, 08:10 AM

Congrats on the transfer . Anything on his books should follow him and jpay is the fastest. If he's there within a few days rather than a few weeks, you might want to send a stationary package such as paper, envelopes, stamps, and cards because they can be traded immediately. Sometimes canteen can take awhile, especially if he happens to be in the middle of the lockdown. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to lassy2013 For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (08-12-2014)
Old 09-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,685 Times in 7,685 Posts

Hi y'all!

My mom wants to send him a magazine subscription and she was thinking National Geographic. I told her that it frequently has nudity in it so I would pop on here and see if anyone knows if it falls on the banned list because of that.

Anyone know if it will get in? Or maybe they flip through and glance the pics first? Sounds like a hassle to me. :/
Old 09-06-2015, 08:57 PM

I have been orrdering packages from access for years now and I just recently stopped receiving confirmation emails. It would follow the order receipt email with a confirmation number and a shipping confirmation. Has anyone stopped receiving them also? Access said they might be going to my junk folder but I dont think so since im receiving the first receipt email. I just like to know when the package ships and it frustrates me that I cant call the automated system to check the status since I never get the email with confirmation number.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:16 PM

What generally happens to magazines (or mail in general) that are delivered after an inmate is transferred? He has a magazine subscription and we're going to try to get the company to re-route, but if that doesn't happen...do they forward mail to their new facility at all?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:10 PM

Hey all ....anyone know who to call....I just sent my mans package and of course he just transferred. ..smh...wanna expedite the return on that..figured if I bugged a little....lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Amused For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 09:33 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,495 Times in 15,244 Posts

Not sure but maybe they will *forward* it?
It will probably take forever tho.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 02-28-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Not sure but maybe they will *forward* it?
It will probably take forever tho.
That was my first guess, too. And if takes too long and crosses into another quarter, it will count as that quarter's package. I'd find out what happened to it before ordering anything else. My husband worked in R&R on his yard so I'll ask him and see if he knows what they do with packages in this case. I'll post when I hear from him.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused View Post
Hey all ....anyone know who to call....I just sent my mans package and of course he just transferred. ..smh...wanna expedite the return on that..figured if I bugged a little....lol
Finally got a chance to ask about this. He said that protocol is to return the package to the vendor if the inmate is no longer at the facility. However, it depends on who's working R&R-- some of them will fwd the package if they know he just transferred and there's a pallet already going to that facility.

I know that's not all that helpful, but it seems safe to assume it probably went back to the vendor. :/
Old 03-23-2018, 09:34 AM

Default Package

When a package arrives do the inmate goes to the mail room to pick it up or how does that work. I know itís a dumb question to ask. I called the warehouse and they said the package was delivered on the 19 of March but I know they was on lock down I think. Is there a way where I can call the mail room to see if he got it or no.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:37 PM

Thanked 1,439 Times in 592 Posts

All prisons use similar procedure I think. After arriving the package goes to storage in a property room. The inmate will be notified it is there and allowed to go pick it up. That should happen within a week of it arriving, but there could be backlogs and delays. For example, if there has been a lockdown packages aren't delivered. When lockdown ends there are a larger number of packages waiting which slows things down more.

Call the prison. They usually have automated answering. You want RNR or Property Room (prisons use both terms). Someone should be able to tell you if the package is there.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
miamac (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshaye25 View Post
When a package arrives do the inmate goes to the mail room to pick it up or how does that work. I know itís a dumb question to ask. I called the warehouse and they said the package was delivered on the 19 of March but I know they was on lock down I think. Is there a way where I can call the mail room to see if he got it or no.
KVSP is notoriously slow for package delivery. If it just got there on the 19th, it can take 2-3 weeks more to get to him. I once had a book sit in RNR for two months before he saw it.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
KVSP is notoriously slow for package delivery. If it just got there on the 19th, it can take 2-3 weeks more to get to him. I once had a book sit in RNR for two months before he saw it.

Thank you so much I just found out he moved though to a different cell but he still in the same prison though
The Following User Says Thank You to oshaye25 For This Useful Post:
miamac (03-23-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshaye25 View Post
First off, Quarterly Packages and Special Purchase Packages do not go through the Mailroom. They are received in the Central Warehouse and are stacked there until they have a full pallet to take to the property officers in Receiving & Release (R&R). That process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, accounting for most of the delay. To find out if a Package has been received and/or delivered, call the warehouse at extension 4920 or the property officers at x-5042.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_Trudy View Post
First off, Quarterly Packages and Special Purchase Packages do not go through the Mailroom. They are received in the Central Warehouse and are stacked there until they have a full pallet to take to the property officers in Receiving & Release (R&R). That process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, accounting for most of the delay. To find out if a Package has been received and/or delivered, call the warehouse at extension 4920 or the property officers at x-5042.
Okay thank you thatís why I ask I didnít know if it goes through the mailroom or not I thought it did. I already spoke to the warehouse and it was delivered but my boyfriend havenít received it.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_Trudy View Post
I called the warehouse where I ordered the package. Is there a different number I should called. I know he would get it.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:44 PM

Hi Ladies.. Hope everyone is doing well

I had a quick question, Which website/store is the best to send my LO books and magazines?

TIA- and have a great day