Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:21 PM

Default How long for Video Visit/approval?

I have recently sent off the application forms to be an approved visitor so i can video visit with my penfriend, i am worried i won't get accepted because i am from the Uk. how did you guys go about getting approved?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstyym View Post
I have recently sent off the application forms to be an approved visitor so i can video visit with my penfriend, i am worried i won't get accepted because i am from the Uk. how did you guys go about getting approved?
Being from the UK doesn't make any difference. I too am in the UK and it took about a week from when they received my form to be approved.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:45 PM

Does all facilities allow this and how did you obtain the form?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:06 PM

Mlatricia,
I'm sorry no one has answered your question so far. hopefully someone smarter than me will come along and see your question and give you a better answer than mine:.

I think many facilities now have this video chat from your own home but maybe not every single facility? perhaps if you post the name and state of the facility you are interested in finding out about there video chat system if any?----- maybe one of the very clever people around here will know something about that particular facility that your loved one is in.

perhaps another option you might want to consider is to call the facility and ask them if they have vdeo chat services for the families to talk to their loved one in prison from their own home? and if so what is the name of that website? sometimes you can go to the website of the prison itself and click on that area called "visitation"
and see if they mention anything about a website you can use to video chat with your loved one from your own house. as near as I can tell these services still require you to get approved by submitting a photograph of your driver's license or some other official photo I.D. This seems to this seems to be sort of customary--- that you have to get approved to have a video chat with an inmate.

I was a bit intimidated to call any prison employees but I have talked to 3 different prisons and so far no one has been rude to me. one lady really seem to be trying to help me get the answer I wanted which really impress me and surprise me. so maybe those are so maybe those are some ways to help you find out about video chat with your loved one.

if you have any trouble navigating the website I think you should post that question here on this forum somewhere because overall the people here seem very knowledgeable and helpful so don't give up if you run into technical problems.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to HerMom33760 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-08-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatricia43 View Post
Does all facilities allow this and how did you obtain the form?
What prison or state are you interested in? sorry for not replying before