Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Danyelley18's Avatar
Danyelley18 Danyelley18 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SYRACUSE, NY
Posts: 28
Thanks: 23
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Question Livingston info needed

My fiancé was just transfered to Livingston today. Any info on visiting, calls, facility reviews, anything is helpful. This is all new to me and I'm having hard time with this whole process.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-16-2016, 04:35 PM
carolmach carolmach is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Western New York
Posts: 165
Thanks: 19
Thanked 53 Times in 33 Posts
Default

I don't know anything about Livingston personally. I'm sorry I cannot offer you any specific information. If this is his "permanent" placement, you'll probably hear from him pretty soon if you havent already. Some places have assigned phone schedules (for facilities with more inmates).

He's probably in a reception dorm with a bunch of other guys waiting just the same as him. In order to call you, he needs to meet with his counselor first and put you on his "ok to call" list, and that is when you will hear from him (when the counselor puts the number in). It can take a few days.

For visit information, I recommend calling the facility directly on a weekday - after 8:30 but before 4. Tell them you have some visiting questions and they will either answer them or transfer you to someone who handles those questions. They are usually pretty nice and helpful - especially if you tell them you're new to it. Ask specifics like arrival times, sign in procedures, parking and dress code. Ask if it is open visiting or if it is scheduled based on their DIN # (odd/ even). Some facilities are pickier than others.

Good luck, and hang in there. I can't say it gets better... but it gets easier.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carolmach For This Useful Post:
Danyelley18 (04-18-2016)
  #3  
Old 04-18-2016, 08:10 AM
Danyelley18's Avatar
Danyelley18 Danyelley18 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SYRACUSE, NY
Posts: 28
Thanks: 23
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmach View Post
I don't know anything about Livingston personally. I'm sorry I cannot offer you any specific information. If this is his "permanent" placement, you'll probably hear from him pretty soon if you havent already. Some places have assigned phone schedules (for facilities with more inmates).

He's probably in a reception dorm with a bunch of other guys waiting just the same as him. In order to call you, he needs to meet with his counselor first and put you on his "ok to call" list, and that is when you will hear from him (when the counselor puts the number in). It can take a few days.

For visit information, I recommend calling the facility directly on a weekday - after 8:30 but before 4. Tell them you have some visiting questions and they will either answer them or transfer you to someone who handles those questions. They are usually pretty nice and helpful - especially if you tell them you're new to it. Ask specifics like arrival times, sign in procedures, parking and dress code. Ask if it is open visiting or if it is scheduled based on their DIN # (odd/ even). Some facilities are pickier than others.

Good luck, and hang in there. I can't say it gets better... but it gets easier.
Just wanted to give an update... I was able to visit this past Sunday. There was no waiting period. Visiting was arranged each weekend using odd/even policy. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. It was ur typical visit started at 830-315pm, vending machines were in room so inmates could see their options, there is also area to sit outside at picnic tables, kids area was nicely decorated with Disney characters painted all over walls, few toys, and movie playing. Only complaints I have is all bras had to be removed no exceptions to go through metal detector. You then can put it back on after u successfully pass through. Also bringing in packages was difficult. I wasnt informed you have to unpack everything and place it all in small brown paper bags. So it did cut about 30 mins out of my visit and they were very picky about what is allowed in. Several items were returned to me. But on positive he did receive all items and nothing was missing or taken Overall it was a really pleasant visit.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2016, 12:48 PM
NevaEndNoWorry's Avatar
NevaEndNoWorry NevaEndNoWorry is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 209
Thanks: 15
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelley18 View Post
Just wanted to give an update... I was able to visit this past Sunday. There was no waiting period. Visiting was arranged each weekend using odd/even policy. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. It was ur typical visit started at 830-315pm, vending machines were in room so inmates could see their options, there is also area to sit outside at picnic tables, kids area was nicely decorated with Disney characters painted all over walls, few toys, and movie playing. Only complaints I have is all bras had to be removed no exceptions to go through metal detector. You then can put it back on after u successfully pass through. Also bringing in packages was difficult. I wasnt informed you have to unpack everything and place it all in small brown paper bags. So it did cut about 30 mins out of my visit and they were very picky about what is allowed in. Several items were returned to me. But on positive he did receive all items and nothing was missing or taken Overall it was a really pleasant visit.
What time would you recommend getting there? All bras had to be removed? I thought they could not ask you to remove anything but a jacket/sweatshirt unless something beeped? I always wear a sports bra to prevent having to take it off. Did you have to carry the package bags to another building? How was the visiting room? Some I have been to are very crowded. I think my husband just got moved there today, so trying to gather as much information as I can ahead of time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Danyelley18's Avatar
Danyelley18 Danyelley18 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SYRACUSE, NY
Posts: 28
Thanks: 23
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Time to get there is subjective. It all depends on day. You can expect to wait anywhere from 15 mins to get through into visiting room all the way up to almost 2 hours. Some days are super packed and some are not. There does not seem to be any reasoning other than more people decided to visit that particular day. The visit room for most part is genuinely full each time I visit. They have terminated visits due to the fullness. However, its been nice lately because they have like 8 or so picnic tables outside which they use and that frees up some room so visits are not terminated. They do ask for volunteers first before they terminate. Then they go by first come first asked to leave. Visiting starts at 830 and I usually like to get there around 9-930 because I drive 2.5 hours away, I would hate for my visit to be terminated. When it comes to bras and metal detectors and dress code they are pretty strict. Sports bras are okay as long as they are no clasps of any kind. I had a sports bra on one day and the straps had adjusters on them and it made detector go off. Now I have learned its easiest to just remove bra put it in bag and then carry it to metal detector. Once you clear that you are free to put it back on before you proceed to visiting room. Do not wear any pants that do not have pockets because some guards will not let you in. Also all shirts have to have sleeves. I made mistake one time and wore a dress with spaghetti straps and wore cardigan over it and I had to change. So keep an extra set of clothes in car just in case. Packages are handled in the first building you arrive in. You carry in items then fill out your slips and pack everything into brown bags labeled with name and din number. Once you hand in your slips and packages you then will be checked in. They will call your name in order you arrived and handed in your slip. Then you walk to the next building for you to hand your ID over go through metal detector and get your hand stamped. Once you finish there you proceed to visiting room where you hand guard your slip and they seat you. Everything from there on out is pretty laid back. Its not a bad prison but rules always seem to change according to which CO is working. And its a learn as you go is my best advice unfortunately
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Danyelley18 For This Useful Post:
NevaEndNoWorry (08-04-2016)
  #6  
Old 08-04-2016, 03:31 PM
NevaEndNoWorry's Avatar
NevaEndNoWorry NevaEndNoWorry is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 209
Thanks: 15
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I think rules change no matter what place you go depending on who is working. I have figured that out myself. I guess I will see if he ends up there for sure. The counselor I spoke with today slipped and said that is where he was going, but hasn't updated on the DOC yet. I got a letter from him that he wrote on Monday and still wasn't sure where they were sending him. Just trying to learn as much ahead of time as possible. I am about 2 hours and 45 minutes away, really dreading the trip actually. I made the 1 hour and 45 min trip every Saturday up north, but that extra hour and extra 83 miles one way adds up and tires you out! I appreciate all the information! Each facility is always different.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2016, 06:18 PM
NevaEndNoWorry's Avatar
NevaEndNoWorry NevaEndNoWorry is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 209
Thanks: 15
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Got the call that Livingston is where he will end up. Ah so far and I am dreading it already. He was in Wyoming and I was so happy he left because of the distance and now this is just as far. I have the worst luck I think! They have only odd/even visit schedule correct?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2016, 07:17 AM
NevaEndNoWorry's Avatar
NevaEndNoWorry NevaEndNoWorry is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 209
Thanks: 15
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelley18 View Post
Time to get there is subjective. It all depends on day. You can expect to wait anywhere from 15 mins to get through into visiting room all the way up to almost 2 hours. Some days are super packed and some are not. There does not seem to be any reasoning other than more people decided to visit that particular day. The visit room for most part is genuinely full each time I visit. They have terminated visits due to the fullness. However, its been nice lately because they have like 8 or so picnic tables outside which they use and that frees up some room so visits are not terminated. They do ask for volunteers first before they terminate. Then they go by first come first asked to leave. Visiting starts at 830 and I usually like to get there around 9-930 because I drive 2.5 hours away, I would hate for my visit to be terminated. When it comes to bras and metal detectors and dress code they are pretty strict. Sports bras are okay as long as they are no clasps of any kind. I had a sports bra on one day and the straps had adjusters on them and it made detector go off. Now I have learned its easiest to just remove bra put it in bag and then carry it to metal detector. Once you clear that you are free to put it back on before you proceed to visiting room. Do not wear any pants that do not have pockets because some guards will not let you in. Also all shirts have to have sleeves. I made mistake one time and wore a dress with spaghetti straps and wore cardigan over it and I had to change. So keep an extra set of clothes in car just in case. Packages are handled in the first building you arrive in. You carry in items then fill out your slips and pack everything into brown bags labeled with name and din number. Once you hand in your slips and packages you then will be checked in. They will call your name in order you arrived and handed in your slip. Then you walk to the next building for you to hand your ID over go through metal detector and get your hand stamped. Once you finish there you proceed to visiting room where you hand guard your slip and they seat you. Everything from there on out is pretty laid back. Its not a bad prison but rules always seem to change according to which CO is working. And its a learn as you go is my best advice unfortunately
Do you go out there every weekend? My visits would be on odd days - Not sure how I feel about making the entire drive every weekend (183 miles each way for me!), but would be willing to meet in Syracuse and split the costs if interested, if they were same visit days? Just let me know!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-23-2016, 06:03 AM
Danyelley18's Avatar
Danyelley18 Danyelley18 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SYRACUSE, NY
Posts: 28
Thanks: 23
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevaEndNoWorry View Post
Do you go out there every weekend? My visits would be on odd days - Not sure how I feel about making the entire drive every weekend (183 miles each way for me!), but would be willing to meet in Syracuse and split the costs if interested, if they were same visit days? Just let me know!
Sorry I just saw this... I try to go whenever I can but I have 4 daughters so things get hectic. What visit days are you? Maybe sometime we could split cost but my daughters go with me most times and my car is full with 5 of us in it. But on the days they do not decide to go I wouldnt mind.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-09-2016, 07:21 AM
NevaEndNoWorry's Avatar
NevaEndNoWorry NevaEndNoWorry is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 209
Thanks: 15
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Default

No worries.. I've been making the trips every weekend its not so bad, but gets tiring. He got a ticket so awaiting to hear about that now so we may not be there much longer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
info on buses to livingston cf pleaseee simplygorgeous New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 0 01-25-2010 09:08 PM
can't find info on iah livingston, tx dawnventura Criminal Immigration Issues 2 10-08-2008 03:44 PM
new to this and need info on Livingston... lilbit303864 New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 10 10-15-2006 09:51 AM
Any real-time Livingston CF info? sammi528 WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC 2 02-18-2006 10:56 AM
any info on livingston correctional facility Hanksmom WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC 3 01-03-2005 06:34 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics