Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Legal News & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Legal News & Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of Texas.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:59 AM

Unhappy Warrant issued but marriage in 1 month HELP

Well i currently have a warrant, but its in dallas and im on the other side of the state. I was wondering if it is possible to find a bails bond where im living now and get bonded out same day, or within that week. Its a misdemeanor, but i never finished probation so they issued the warrant. Bond is set and all. I really am nervous for the fact my father is dying and he really wants to walk me down the isle beforw that happens. I dont know what to do, its a month from the wedding and we have everything payed for! This was the first time ive ever been introuble with the law...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2016, 05:28 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,753 Times in 16,023 Posts

Contact an attorney to look into all that for you...in the meantime, if you get pulled over for anything you will be arrested on that warrant. I'm actually surprised there's a bond for absconding ...then again, I'm not terribly familiar with TX.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-04-2017, 01:43 AM

Yes definitely contact an attorney if you are able to so they put a warrant out for probation violation? Maybe since it's a misdemeanor they will let you post bond but me personally I wouldn't risk it. Play it safe and make it to your wedding so your dad can walk you down the aisle then turn yourself in and hopefully post bail and get all this behind you. Good luck and stay positive it will all work out the way it's suppose to
Old 12-04-2017, 05:32 AM

Thanked 11,097 Times in 6,006 Posts

Even an MTRP will have a bond set, although Dallas County is noted for high bonds on probation violations. At least it isn't a felony...half-million initial settings are not uncommon.

A local bondsman may not touch it because they would have to travel to Dallas to post it. However, there is a possibility that you can find someone local that is networked with a Dallas bondsman and is capable of doing it for a slightly higher fee. Otherwise, you will need to make arrangements to go to Dallas and secure the bond, then do a walk-through (presuming there are no other charges beyond the MTRP).

The other advantage to Dallas County is that you can view the MTRP documents online so at least you know what you are dealing with...